Help! 17 And Going Crazy! Been Denied A Prescription!

G

IBM said:
Get on finasteride right now!!! If i were you with no money problems i would go to dutasteride. It's a safe drug and you're 17. You'll have no problems.

Problems you'll get later if you dont take the meds.

Consider also the combo oral spironolactone+finasteride/dutasteride.

IBM has gone crazy.

Reaction score
hey guys,
lots of debates going on between you! I think my mind is made up and Im going to go for the finasteride and buy a years supply, and probably combine with min foam. The earlier I catch it the more effective it will be and the longer I can keep my hair right? I just wanna have fun and enjoy youth: being an obvious male pattern baldness sufferer wont do me any favours at uni. Im probably going to ask my Doctor for a hormone/blood test just to see my situation before I start. If im destined to follow my dad, who lost most of his hair at 24... then surely I might as well start now at 17... if the effectiveness normally lasts for around 7 years?

Ill keep you all posted,
Thanks again,

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Barcafan,
One would think that if there was an increase in testosterone then there is no chance that a man can develop female features such as breasts....right?. Yet men suffer sexuality related side effects such as libido loss and breast enlargement at the same time that people like yourself would contend that an increase in testosterone could never cause such problems. How could side effects which can be associated to estrogen use come about when testosterone production is up? You have no idea so keep your uninformed thoughts to yourself and stop screwing people who come to this site for information and INTELLIGENT discussion.
Puberty is a time when one grows and sexual organs develop. If finasteride use can effect your sexual function after puberty then how can we not rule out that it can effect development during puberty. Here's a news flash for someone like yourself who clearly has no background in biology and/or science, there is more to development then free testosterone. You are just another idiot with an internet connection who comments on subjects that they know nothing about.
Again, I have no idea what the effect are for pre-pubescent men, but there is reason to be concerned based on sexual side effects experienced by post-pubescent males and that the drug maker states that finasteride is intended men over 18.
Youngandscared, I can only recommend that you start with a reduced dosage and pay attention to your body.

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
My paycheck comes on March 30th so Im going to put in an order for finasteride then - can anyone tell me where the best place to buy it cheaply is? Im looking for brand name stuff and I think at my age 1mg? Thats the sort of dosage I think most of you have been suggesting.

Also - what are the best shampoo treatments on the market - anything beter then nizoral?

Thanks guys,
youngandscared

G

youngandscared,

The most reputable online pharmacies appear to hairpharmacy.com (United Pharmacies) and inhousepharmacy.com

If you're ordering online than you're better off going with the generic finasteride since the incentive to counterfeit generic is almost zilch since the counterfeiters margins will be nothing compared to selling fake Merck Propecia.

At your age you would be the perfect candidate for doing 0.25mg every other day (EOD). This is what I am using. Do some research on the low dosages and taking it EOD, don't take my word for it. I came to this conclusion on this regimen after doing a lot of research on it.

Reaction score
hey fairtaxnow

I think ill probably go for the finasteride from inhousepharmacy (http://www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk/hair-l ... pecia.html)

I can get 360 finasteride tablets for £108, a year's min foam 5% foam for £120, 6 bottles of revita shampoo for £100 and 3 bottles of nizoral for £15. Works at at about £350 which only takes me a month to earn.

It feels a bit like some people think "treat at as early as you can" and others think im too young to go on a high dosage. I want the treatment to be effective so im thinking 1mg will give me a good head start - just want to get thicker in some areas and keep what I have for longer really.

Also, what do you think about MSM - is it worth it? Is there a cheaper alternative to Holland and Barrat for UK?

Looked in the mirror today and I think my hairs lookin worse than ever, very thin on the sides so want to start an attack plan as soon as poss.

Also, once I start treatments, should I start them gradually one at a time so I can see the effect of each or jus start intensively?

Thanks,
Youngandscared

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

male pattern baldness is a progressive condition, meaning the longer you wait the more hair will be gone and there will be less active follicles to "save". So yes, the early you start treatment the better the chance that you can stop or slow down the progression of one's hairloss. However, finasteride use simply carries with it a set of unknowns as far as its potential effects on development and even its effects after long term use. I don't want to scare you as the drug has been approved by the FDA and many many informed people believe it is perfectly safe.
People in this forum have recommended a reduced dosage because studies have shown that even at reduced dosages finasteride appears to be very effective with far less incidences of side effects.
I think it is best to start small and work your way up.