[help] 0.08mm poly hair system contour

notyet.234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Second system from Lavivid. Custom unit. The system is.. very great. Hair texture, hair direction, hair quality, hair colour match, hair cut blend.. it’s really great.

However, the only thing I haven’t been able to manage is the skin tone (I had the same issue with my previous system)

Once system is attached (walker ultra hold) the system skin thin tone isn’t transparent. So, I can’t expose perimeter of the system (it doesn’t matter the way I comb my hair for the moment).

So my question is : is there any product i can use to make the system skin tone more transparent instead of greyish ? So, when I attach, it’s invisible ? Well, any tips would be appreciated

Attachments

• 31C0DF15-90BC-459C-921D-75B6EF95630C.jpeg
    31C0DF15-90BC-459C-921D-75B6EF95630C.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 154

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Second system from Lavivid. Custom unit. The system is.. very great. Hair texture, hair direction, hair quality, hair colour match, hair cut blend.. it’s really great.

However, the only thing I haven’t been able to manage is the skin tone (I had the same issue with my previous system)

Once system is attached (walker ultra hold) the system skin thin tone isn’t transparent. So, I can’t expose perimeter of the system (it doesn’t matter the way I comb my hair for the moment).

So my question is : is there any product i can use to make the system skin tone more transparent instead of greyish ? So, when I attach, it’s invisible ? Well, any tips would be appreciated
Unfortunately, .08 Is far too thick for an exposed hairline. .03 is ideal for this purpose.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^I don't agree with this.

.08 is def not as forgiving as .04-06 but it can be done.

.04-.06 is easy to do an exposed hairline.

Thinness of the base is extremely overvalued for exposing the hairline. The distribution of density and fineness of the weaving (looping) is waaaaay more important.

A .03 system with huge v-loops spaced far apart, many hairs per loop, off-color base etc is not going to look as good as a .08 with excellent looping and fine tuned densities and a really good bond.

Sometimes with .08 you need glue layers to 'melt' the base into at the hairline, like lace.

If it's off-color there's not much you can do as far as i'm aware. i'd be afraid to do anything to it that might discolor it more.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
^I don't agree with this.

.08 is def not as forgiving as .04-06 but it can be done.

.04-.06 is easy to do an exposed hairline.

Thinness of the base is extremely overvalued for exposing the hairline. The distribution of density and fineness of the weaving (looping) is waaaaay more important.

A .03 system with huge v-loops spaced far apart, many hairs per loop, off-color base etc is not going to look as good as a .08 with excellent looping and fine tuned densities and a really good bond.

Sometimes with .08 you need glue layers to 'melt' the base into at the hairline, like lace.

If it's off-color there's not much you can do as far as i'm aware. i'd be afraid to do anything to it that might discolor it more.
Density is important, but the huge lip at the front, of a .08 cannot be hidden at nearly triple the thickness of a .03 The "baby hair" attempt certainly adds to his problem.

Advertisements of .02 and .04 are marketing. They come in .03 .05 .08 etc... Yes they vary, but typically thicker... not thinner.

Quite obviously a bad .03 is not as good as a good copy.... But, no way, apple to apple, a .08 will dissappear like a .03 hairline....

Last edited:

notyet.234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Density is important, but the huge lip at the front, of a .08 cannot be hidden at nearly triple the thickness of a .03 The "baby hair" attempt certainly adds to his problem.

Advertisements of .02 and .04 are marketing. They come in .03 .05 .08 etc... Yes they vary, but typically thicker... not thinner.

Quite obviously a bad .03 is not as good as a good copy.... But, no way, apple to apple, a .08 will dissappear like a .03 hairline....
The picture is only to show the colorish problem. I'm not looking to expose the hairline right now, the way i comb my hair, it's very natural and honestly, the system is awsome except this issue. The problem is all around, obviously. So, probably someone looking over my head with direct light on the system might see the system poly.

So, i'm looking to improve overtime (i wear only since 3 months). So, what i am missing ? Even at 0.08, is it supposed to be greyish like this ?

So :
-any product i needed to wash/clean the poly the first time (and everytime)
-any product may help to make it more clear ?
-different type of glue may help for the bond and clearness ?
-any shampoo may help?

Thanks

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
The picture is only to show the colorish problem. I'm not looking to expose the hairline right now, the way i comb my hair, it's very natural and honestly, the system is awsome except this issue. The problem is all around, obviously. So, probably someone looking over my head with direct light on the system might see the system poly.

So, i'm looking to improve overtime (i wear only since 3 months). So, what i am missing ? Even at 0.08, is it supposed to be greyish like this ?

So :
-any product i needed to wash/clean the poly the first time (and everytime)
-any product may help to make it more clear ?
-different type of glue may help for the bond and clearness ?
-any shampoo may help?

Thanks
The thicker the material is, the more it loses translucency. Take one sheet of plastic wrap and compare it to 5 layers. The thicker it is, the more you'll see it...

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thicker the material is, the more it loses translucency. Take one sheet of plastic wrap and compare it to 5 layers. The thicker it is, the more you'll see it...
That is why I never bother trying any exposed hairstyle. Too risky with a .08 system.

notyet.234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I totally understand that, that's pretty normal.

I was just asking if :

-based on my picture, it's the norm or if mine i worse then it should be
-if there's anything i could do to improve the skin tone match

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
-based on my picture, it's the norm or if mine i worse then it should be

no, that isn't "normal"
fwiw, I've seen more variation in skin bases in the last year than in the previous several. Even with the thinner ones, some of them are slightly more opaque than usual. But this degree of discoloration is not something I've come across.

-if there's anything i could do to improve the skin tone match

I don't believe so, no :(

I just don't see how "apple to apple" applies on anything more than a theoretical level tbh. Like, why set aside all the other variables that influence the outcome in reality? My whole point is that it's not the singular decisive factor

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem, initially it was fine and hidden, then the second time I re-did my hairline with tape it was shiny, and after I used glue, it had the same issue as yours.
I'm not sure what the problem may be, but my next plan is to ensure the base and especially at the hairline is squeaky clean of any residue or dirt

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would go with a thinner system or a lace front poly hybrid. You can try and trimming the hairline back a couple of mm.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
no, that isn't "normal"
fwiw, I've seen more variation in skin bases in the last year than in the previous several. Even with the thinner ones, some of them are slightly more opaque than usual. But this degree of discoloration is not something I've come across.

I don't believe so, no :(

I just don't see how "apple to apple" applies on anything more than a theoretical level tbh. Like, why set aside all the other variables that influence the outcome in reality? My whole point is that it's not the singular decisive factor
As with any comparison, all things must be equal. A well made .03 versus a well made .08 or a poorly made .03 versus a poorly made .08. You're comparing a poorly made point .03 to a well made point .08 Not Apple to apples.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used .03-.08 and, while neither matches my skin tone (the poly is too white), the .08 is far more opaque.

I have noticed no difference between .03 and .06, except in durability, and consequently prefer the latter.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used .03-.08 and, while neither matches my skin tone (the poly is too white), the .08 is far more opaque.

I have noticed no difference between .03 and .06, except in durability, and consequently prefer the latter.
You will need to order a custom poly system that is available in your skin tone.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Neither did I lol. I'm not getting off stock systems - no need to go custom for something barely noticable.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Neither did I lol. I'm not getting off stock systems - no need to go custom for something barely noticable.
I agree with you. It is somewhat risky to do custom. Wait time might be a bit long plus if there is any issue with custom piece, we cannot really get money back.