Helloimhere's Story (19) Finasteride 7 Months

helloimhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I am 19 years old and unlucky, my hair has been thinning rapidly since I was 18.
7 months ago I finally decided to treat it by taking Finasteride (1mg) every day, since 4 months ago I have also been using Minoxidil.

My hair is still in a bad condition and I was expecting more results from this medication, because of this I am looking at taking Oral Spironolactone alongside Oral Minoxidil to combat the hair loss, I'll stay on Finasteride too obviously.

I have tried an anti-androgen in the past (Bicalutamide) but noticed a lot of shedding as it turns out it actually increases Testosterone. I have researched and found that Spironolactone is quite a weak anti-androgen so in low doses I shouldn't experience side effects, and if I do I can stop.

Unfortunately I only have one picture of me 7 months ago in February, this is when my hair was at its absolute worse (before treatment), the rest of the pictures are from just a few days ago.

I'll keep posting updates in this thread over time.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 16 feb 2017 (wet).jpg
    16 feb 2017 (wet).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 710
  • 17 sep 2017 (2).jpg
    17 sep 2017 (2).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 862
  • 17 sep 2017.jpg
    17 sep 2017.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 689
  • 17 sep 2017 (wet).jpg
    17 sep 2017 (wet).jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 742

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good stuff, but I would recommend sticking to finasteride and the traditional stuff for at least one year before hopping on any additional treatments. Being on finasteride is essential, so it's good you got that part checked. Results can take time. 4 months is not that long on minoxidil either, could be getting results in another month or two. I'd just wait till you hit the 1 year mark on either of those, till adding anything like spironolactone, which is a little riskier.

folfoxorack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much spironolactone do you take ?

Thanks for your thread, it will be interesting to follow !

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you got good results! I'm in a very similar position, been on finasteride for 6 months and min for around 2.5. Did you find most of your gains came after adding min? I've found the finasteride has done almost nothing in terms of regrowth for me, but in 2.5 months of min I have a promising amount of sprouts along my hairline. Praying for good regrowth in the next month or two.

Tisumi2333

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is too bad for 18 yo old.But I can see some regrowth.wish u good luck.keep it post bro

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For how long did you take bicalutamide? When you PMd me about spironolactone and E I thought you were a non-responder to conventional treatment, so I decided it would be better for you to go on spironolactone, if you are really desperate about hair loss. But after seeing your baseline I doubt you need it right now, cause I see a significant improvement on finasteride and minoxidil. You may try oral minoxidil instead of spironolactone if you want to thicken up your hair, but that's it. Don't combine high dose of spironolactone with oral minoxidil—your blood pressure will drop significantly. Your hairline is still mostly intact, so you have a potential for full restoration. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Raz