Hello… 22 years old & losing ALL my hair FAST =( (pictures)

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny though woman can wear wigs and its socially fine but far be it a man wears one, you might as well put a kick me sign on your back.

I feel this kids issue.
I'm going through it. I am also going for a hair trans but then worry about how fast more will come out making my hair transplant look weird.

There is no win here. You can say others have it worse but then there are others who have it worse than them, until you get to that one quadrapalegic bald guy in Liberia with a cleft lip and no teeth.

We focus on ourselves.

Have you tried shaving? Perhaps uif you start now all your friends will jus think your being trendy and not covering up.

You have a good hair line now though.

Can I ask you an honest question? What is your sexual orientation?
I'm getting by your round about way of never saying girls when talking about relationships and who you are seeing plus some of your pics you may deliberately doing it that way.
I'm not being offensive on purpose so I apologize if I'm wrong, but let's say I'm right. Couldn't you search a partner with the same situation?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Funny though woman can wear wigs and its socially fine but far be it a man wears one, you might as well put a kick me sign on your back.

I feel this kids issue.
I'm going through it. I am also going for a hair trans but then worry about how fast more will come out making my hair transplant look weird.

There is no win here. You can say others have it worse but then there are others who have it worse than them, until you get to that one quadrapalegic bald guy in Liberia with a cleft lip and no teeth.

We focus on ourselves.

Have you tried shaving? Perhaps uif you start now all your friends will jus think your being trendy and not covering up.

You have a good hair line now though.

Can I ask you an honest question? What is your sexual orientation?
I'm getting by your round about way of never saying girls when talking about relationships and who you are seeing plus some of your pics you may deliberately doing it that way.
I'm not being offensive on purpose so I apologize if I'm wrong, but let's say I'm right. Couldn't you search a partner with the same situation?

this is just absurd. what do you mean by 'couldn't you search a partner with the same situation'? Do you mean that he should be with someone with hair loss? So are you saying that if you have cancer, you have to be partnered with someon with cancer? Also his sexual orientation is none of our business and his last post was September 2012. cheers

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is just absurd. what do you mean by 'couldn't you search a partner with the same situation'? Do you mean that he should be with someone with hair loss? So are you saying that if you have cancer, you have to be partnered with someon with cancer? Also his sexual orientation is none of our business and his last post was September 2012. cheers

Hold on here.... I specified I wasn't trying to offend him multiple times, so just calm yourself. If he didnt want to answer that would be his choice and understood.

On a second note, I am slightly saying this. Does it suck? Yes, but If I came down with something like an incurable disease I probably would want someone who had the same as me. Someone who could understand and help me cope and I wouldn't have to feel either guilty or overly indebted to them for being with me.
Now if I could find a chick who was hot but maybe had a bad head of hair, I would probably be with her. She could wear wigs and it would just be trendy, plus variety is nice.
We all want something attractive and want to be attractive but I wanted "HIS" opinion not anyone else's. Why couldn't he find someone with the same "problem". I won't go into any more details again because his answer was not given to me and I wont assume his perferances for him.

And who cares if his last post was in 2012, he may come back or get alerts on replies, besides the last post before me was the day before so why dont you tell everyone prior to stop posting?

aces1up

Reaction score
ad22a221e1e97feb

Hey man I experienced this but started around 27, but it slowed down after a few years. So kinda steady now.

Johnnyb1110

Reaction score
Hi I've never written on a forum before or even been on one but when I came across ur story i had to register and just say that reading your post almost to the word is like reading about my own life. But maybe a little more extreme for me. Over the last year 3 people who a year ago if asked who was their best friend all would off said me I do not see anymore. My hairline is so bad and makes me look so bad that there is a blatantly obvious awkwardness every time I walk in to a room. Over the past few months it has literally got to the point where people can not even look me in the eye they have to look away for fear of staring. I used to be one of the most popular people around and so outgoing and always had a smile on my face. I now rarely leave the house I go to work come home lie on the couch and repeat I don't know what to do anymore I don't know what I'm looking for by writing this post but just felt I had to cos so much off what you said applies to me aswel.

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
OP has almost no hair loss at all. The only place I can see ANY recession at all is near the temples, and I would bet that's his "natural" hairline.

Dude you're on avodart for THAT? Wow. Strooooong overreaction.

JackL

Reaction score
It's not the worst hairline ever but as someone with similar density at 22 I know that it's the rate at which he lost it and the difference in thickness that is the concern.

As a kid I'd receive a lot of comments on my hair, guys would call me pretty boy and girls would get shaky around me and nervous. When you start thinning all of that stops and it does make you feel like **** as a lot of you know. Hair makes a huge difference to looks and confidence.

Everyone was telling him it's nothing to worry about but I bet he looks much worse now. What is it with people that they shrug everything off instead of hearing a person out and understanding there's a problem. Especially if they went through the same **** and know about it.

His loss was in progress still. You wouldn't see a cancer patient who's not yet bed bound struggling and tell them "Stroooong overreaction". Alright it's not the same thing but you get my point. Anyone here should get his stress over it.

Last edited: