Hello new to the forum and hair loss.

kenny1999

Reaction score
Hello

Let me briefly introduce myself. I am 27 and I first noticed my hair loss two years ago (when i was 25). But not until last month I didn't consult any doctors or receive any treatment. I've got Propecia but I still haven't taken it for the first time.

The doctor has concluded that I am of male pattern loss ( I am not sure about the exact name) after a very very rough examination with just a few touch of my hair by his bare hand. He assigned me a box of Propecia , mentioning that I would only know if it is useful after a continual use in one year.

These days I've been researching on web about the topic, that includes lots of webpages and forums, etc.. there are quite a number of people saying that Propecia is not useful or even completely useless to them, I remember I once encountered an online journal which even suggested that long-term use of Propecia might lead to cancer. ( I forget where it was). In fact, my biggest concern is - once I stop using Propecia, the situation of my hair will become even worse because Propecia is in fact a "chemical", which is not natural.

I am now really hesitated about that.

I start to smoke when I was 20, drink (alcohol) heavily since 23, and first found my hair loss when I was 25, and now 27. I don't know how much my past lifestyle accounts for my today's hair situation but I've already given up smoking and drinking for a month and I'll insist that. However, I am now in a situation that I am psychologically resistant to Propecia.

Now, I have a few questions to ask.

1. Do you think Propecia is worth using?

2. If I don't use Propecia but I give up all the bad habits (I can do it) , eat healthily and exercise daily, do you think this is a better plan?
In fact, I always feel that it is the best solution to hair loss but I don't know how long it will take to "know" whether this is a useful method or not and I don't know if I am just too "innocent" or have underestimated the logic of hair loss. I don't necessarily need to gain back my hair but I just hope the current situation will not deteriorate.

3. I know that, even if I use Propecia, I will have some days I forget to use it for some reasons, and I will stop using it when I get married for sake of my baby. (in less than 5 years I will marry)

I hope someone will help me with my confusion. I've got a headache every day about the matter. Thank you.

Ryansworld

Reaction score
Well to put it pure and simple. If you don't take propecia you will go bald! It don't matter if you cut out the drink or cigarettes or change diets or take any supplements you will go bald eventually. If you wanna retain you hair then you must start using finasteride. Why stop using propecia when you marry. You will only need to top using propecia if you try to conceive for a child other than that it wont effect your marriage or you children. You must take propecia for life otherwise you will lose you hair. Whatever you change or do in you life you hairloss is eventually inevitable unless you get on the big 3 immediately. Good luck :)

kenny1999

Reaction score
Ryansworld said:
Well to put it pure and simple. If you don't take propecia you will go bald! It don't matter if you cut out the drink or cigarettes or change diets or take any supplements you will go bald eventually. If you wanna retain you hair then you must start using finasteride. Why stop using propecia when you marry. You will only need to top using propecia if you try to conceive for a child other than that it wont effect your marriage or you children. You must take propecia for life otherwise you will lose you hair. Whatever you change or do in you life you hairloss is eventually inevitable unless you get on the big 3 immediately. Good luck :)

hello.
i am in fact not using English as my first language.

what do you mean by "unless you get on the big 3"?

what is "get on the big 3"??

and I really want to know if I stop using Propecia some time in my life, will my hair loss be as worse as the case that I have never used it?
For example, I am now 27, and if I start to use Propecia and I stop it in my 37, is it only that my hair loss condition would get back to the time when I was 27 ? Or will my hair get to a 37-year-old situation as if I had never used Propecia?

I hope you 'll understand my English.

Ryansworld

Reaction score
Basically the big 3 is a combination on 3 products most sucsessful in treating hairloss. they are Nizoral, minoxidil, and finasteride. Look them up on this site its very useful. Also you asked what would happen if you stopped taking propecia... Basically if you stop at any time the hairloss will resume and and new hair gained will be lost in 6 - 12 months.

Nicksmith

Reaction score
Ryansworld said:
Basically the big 3 is a combination on 3 products most sucsessful in treating hairloss. they are Nizoral, minoxidil, and finasteride. Look them up on this site its very useful. Also you asked what would happen if you stopped taking propecia... Basically if you stop at any time the hairloss will resume and and new hair gained will be lost in 6 - 12 months.

Hello I am new to this site. Since last 2 weeks i have started taking Propecia. I want the cheaper version of this medicine. I was suggested these sites which sells cheap versions. I hope there is no bad efect of generic?? =
http://www.bestpharmaciesonline.com and
http://www.rx-mexonline.com