Hello All

Ttal914

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am balding not that bad yet but i can see it is getting bad. I would really like to just keep the hair i got. I tried both minoxidil and propecia and i get side effects from them both. So i cannot use them. Is there any treatments do yall know of that i cold use to help me besides those two. Thanks

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I Broke the Mystery of Male Pattern Baldness

What kind of side-effect did you get?

How old are you? You in college? Do you work in an office? ARe you physically active eg. sports? DOes anyone in your family have male pattern baldness?

Ttal914

Reaction score
With the minoxidil i geat heart palpatations. I can hear my heart beating loud when i am sitting or lying down. It doesnt bother me with pain it is just weird and a little scAry. I didnt mean to say i get sid effects from finasteride. I never really tried to use it because i hav some problems with my repoductive system lready an i ont want to mess it up. I am 25. Baldness does run in my family. I do work. Not really physically active

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I Broke the Mystery of Male Pattern Baldness

Heart palpitation is scary but hearing your heart is not palpitation. Palpitation is a series of untimed quick heart beats. Do a quick reading on palpitations at Wikipedia. Here

There are other less effective treatments though.

How would you describe the hair loss: Is it receding at the front? Is it disfusion or thinning at the top or top rear?

How long did you try Rogaine/minoxidil and how often did the palpitations occur? What's your height and weight? Do you have hypertension?

Do you sit for hours on the job? Does it involve a lot of analysis and thinking or does it require you to have a steady hand and eyes or involved in design?

Do you experience stress or does you job involve deadlines or critical decision making? Or do you have to deal with nasty people while on the job? Are there issues at home or mortgages?

Do you drink milk or coffee or tea. If so, how often. How would you decribe your diet in general?

Ttal914

Reaction score
Yeah the beAts were just louder and a little faster than usual. And since i didnt take my dose today it has went away. I was taking 2 ml of 5% a day. I was on t for two weeks.

My hair loss is thinning throughout my head but it is not too noticeable yet but i cqn definitely tell i am losing it. I have another post on here titled please help with picures from a week or two ago.

My blood pressure is sometimes a little high once in a while. I am 5"8 and weigh 220.

At work i am cnstantly busy and i am always moving around and being stressed out is common

Ttal914

Reaction score
Also i am stressedoutall the time from personal issues and i do drink caffeine and dairy products. The reason i dont try finasteride is because i have chronicepididymitis and i am afraid i wold be infertile.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed reply. You've ruled out the most effective treatments.

Remove all dairy products from you diet. Dairy consumption is associated with prostate cancer development which is associated with male pattern baldness. There is no study to prove that removing dairy will stop hair loss but at least its a logical assumption.

Coffee and tea are good. Tea is much better four to six cups a day. There is no assurance that these drinks will prevent hair loss but they may help and they will definitely help preventing prostate cancer development. Coffee is also found to blunt stress.

Obesity (abdominal) is associated with hair loss but there is no study to prove the losing weight prevents it. It's only a logical assumption that losing weight may help prevent hair loss.

But never try losing weight drastically and my advice is to seek the help of a professional.

here: about stress issues
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/06/24/si ... index.html

Stress is implicated in the development of cardio/coronary conditions (CVDs). A similar set of CVDs is associated with male pattern baldness. It's a logical assumption that by addressing stress issues may help your hair loss.

Addressing these issues may help but the efficacy will vary from forn person to another.

You said "constantly busy and i am always moving around and being stressed out is common"

Could you expound on those a bit more.

Ttal914

Reaction score
I work in retal and i am always busy and stressed out by customers. It requires alot of moving around to go check things in the warehouse. Also i am thinking about starting s5 and copper peptides. Is his at least decent?

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are good reports on many treatments. s5 and copper peptides are among them including Nizoral. I wouldn't know about efficacy rates though. Some have had good results. Just like you did with Rogaine, you should be very observant on any result particularly after four months of using them.

You should also massage your scalp every night before going to bed and again in the morning specially if you wear your hair short and if you don't brush it often. I use a dry soft towel to massage mine to mimic brushing.

what do you do when you're not at work?