Heavy Weightlifting Against Finasteride Sides

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, heavy squats and deadlifts are supposed to RAISE testosterone in our bodies, but also increases hairloss cause of it, I know this is only a myth tho. I have seen some dudes doing weightlifting for many years, myself included, where fathers and their brother(s) still have alot of hair, but the dude lifting, much more aggresive hairloss and earlier

I saw a picture of my father when he was 25( he is almost bald now tho) and he had no hairloss what so ever, my brother aswell, starting loosing his hair at around 28-30, he is 33 today and still have way better hair than me, im like a Norwood 2 or 3 with some thinning all over. So Im actually starting to believe heavy lifting could make the hairloss kick in earlier.

But now to my question, if you take finasteride, is it best to get as much testosterone as possible(no steroids) in the body as possible to fight side effects like ED and deacresed sex drive??? As I understand finasteride makes u have less testosterone in ur body, and this makes u get sides like ED, could this be countered with heavy weightlifting?
I guess finasteride still will do the job very well, even tho weightlifting will increas testo and DHT levels..

Would love to hear some thoughts on this

g.i joey

Reaction score
My opinion is finasteride sides have more to do with your tedsto/estro ratio than it does with actual DHT. If you go on google and type in "male symptoms of high estrogen" they will match up with Pfs symptoms.

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didnt understand this, you say the sides comes from the ratio testo/estro, but then u back this up with only symptoms of high estrogen? Lets say I have the ratio 2:1(testo/estro) and I start taking finasteride and doing everything to increase the testo, then could it be 3:2? Instead of when only taking finasteride and no increase in testo, it would be 2:2 and chances for sides is bigger.

Edit: Also, gaining muscle is told to reduce the estrogen, but lets say weightlifting could block the same amount as finasteride increases estrogen(lets just keep it simple) would finasteride still do its on blocking dht? Or is it absolutely necassery that estrogen increases, so it can block the DHT??

Last edited:

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Genetic lottery.

My brother is a couple years older then me and works out in gym 3-5days a week for probably 3years+

He's an NW1

While im NW3

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really doesnt say much, does he Train alot of HEAVY deadlifts and squats? With squat atleast 3 times a week? Just normal pumping wont raise ur testo. These guys om talking about is olympic weightlifters who Train 6-9 times a week for years