Heath Ledger a perfect role model for hair loss?

cjeznine

Reaction score
Its no secret Heath Ledger had a hair loss problem and i'm not ready to diss him for it or anything in fact i think its awesome that he chose not to do anything and just embrace what he had. I was just wondering where do you he would fit in on the norwood scale. My hairlines not as bad as his was yet but to be honest i wish it were lol. It gave him a very unique look and with what he had left he really knew how to make it work. Here are a few pictures below. I think these styles are great for people like us on the forum with a receding hairline because to be honest they look great. I feel like he can be almost like a role model for young people and maybe even older men who feel insecure about their hair problems. What do you think of Heath Ledger?

Attachments

• heath2.png
    heath2.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 15,036
  • heath4.png
    heath4.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 38,247
  • heath5.png
    heath5.png
    380.3 KB · Views: 17,851
  • heath6.png
    heath6.png
    580.1 KB · Views: 19,590
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    252.8 KB · Views: 43,870

Heinrich

Reaction score
mothernature said:
NW3, still looks fantastic, most women wouldnt even notice he was losing his hair
True, but we have to keep in mind that most of us don´t have the pretty face Ledger had....
I always hate it, when people bring up Jude Law or Freddie Ljungberg as "proof" that women are also into men with heavy balding :shakehead:

BulletFrost

Reaction score
Heinrich said:
mothernature said:
NW3, still looks fantastic, most women wouldnt even notice he was losing his hair
True, but we have to keep in mind that most of us don´t have the pretty face Ledger had....
I always hate it, when people bring up Jude Law or Freddie Ljungberg as "proof" that women are also into men with heavy balding :shakehead:

I agree. If you're already butt-ugly with a full head of hair, than balding certainly won't help.

s.a.f

Reaction score
cjeznine said:
Its no secret Heath Ledger had a hair loss problem and i'm not ready to diss him for it or anything in fact i think its awesome that he chose not to do anything and just embrace what he had. I was just wondering where do you he would fit in on the norwood scale. My hairlines not as bad as his was yet but to be honest i wish it were lol. It gave him a very unique look and with what he had left he really knew how to make it work. Here are a few pictures below. I think these styles are great for people like us on the forum with a receding hairline because to be honest they look great. I feel like he can be almost like a role model for young people and maybe even older men who feel insecure about their hair problems. What do you think of Heath Ledger?

You talk like he's a 21 yr old NW6! I'd call him not even a NW3. And he was in his mid 30's. And had already established his career in his 20's with hair.
Like someone said women barely notice that level of hair loss its just slight recession. Had he lived and continued to lose it it would have been interesting to see.
Show me a male celebrity in his 20's who's a NW4 and not slick shaved and going for the stereotypical tough guy look, that would be a role model.

heynow1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Heath ledger was 28 when he died so he is def not in his mid thirties in any of those pics

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
heynow1234 said:
Heath ledger was 28 when he died so he is def not in his mid thirties in any of those pics

Good catch. Then again he had most of his hair when his career took off and he had a good head shape. Role model for hair loss? No but I have no doubt had he lived and lost most of hair, his still would of had a great acting career.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely not a Norwood 3. His hairline was also a good shape, balding or not. All my life I have had a high and badly shaped hairline and would love a widows peak like this. I'm sure if he would have advanced to an unflattering look then he'd have considered doing something about it. Jude Law I'd say would be a good role model, he actually sports a proper balding look and seems to be fine with it. It hasn't affected his career at all.

Heinrich

Reaction score
stableforehead said:
Definitely not a Norwood 3. His hairline was also a good shape, balding or not. All my life I have had a high and badly shaped hairline and would love a widows peak like this. I'm sure if he would have advanced to an unflattering look then he'd have considered doing something about it. Jude Law I'd say would be a good role model, he actually sports a proper balding look and seems to be fine with it. It hasn't affected his career at all.
With a face like Jude Law´s you don´t need hair......Nevertheless Jude Law is known to cover up his hair loss during shootings or public appearances.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Heinrich said:
stableforehead said:
With a face like Jude Law´s you don´t need hair......Nevertheless Jude Law is known to cover up his hair loss during shootings or public appearances.

I get what you're saying but I personally don't think how good looking you are dictates how important your hair is. It's the idea of losing what you once had that's so devestating-Jude certainly doesn't look quite as pretty nowadays (then again, we naturally focus on hairlines much more than non balders.) I'd say to people like Jason Statham and Bruce Willis, having the option of hair isn't necessary, not just because they're good looking men, but because they suit having no hair. Jude's look is quite boyish and less manly than these two, so is (imo) less suited to the bald look. Don't get me wrong I'm not slating the guy he still looks great, and if male pattern baldness ever gets the best of me, I'm really not going to let it rule my life either.

banco

Reaction score
He wore hats/beanies whenever he went out after his hair loss struck so I'd hardly say he wasn't self concious about it.

Danik0226

Reaction score
BulletFrost said:
Heinrich said:
mothernature said:

I agree. If you're already butt-ugly with a full head of hair, than balding certainly won't help.

Quoted for truth. I would put myself at a Norwood 2 if people are going to say Heath Ledger is a Norwood 3. I started buzzing my hair down to a 1/4 inch over the summer, and I may just stick with it. It hasn't affected my image among women all that much, and I still get enough attention. I am still self conscious in the fact that while my hair isn't bad now, it is certainly a warning sign for the future. 5 years from now I may be the same, or maybe it will accelerate and be far worse. Ultimately I think uncertainty is the worst part about losing hair. It still doesn't change the fact that good looking people should be better able to weather their hair loss over the years.

I think most guys who are balding and worried about it are too self-conscious about it. If it feels like a hit to attraction, which is understandable, I've seen more than enough bald and ugly guys with hot girls People need to put things in perspective. Is it ideal? No. Does it allow for more flexibility in styling? No. Is it the end of the world? Absolutely not.

Heinrich

Reaction score
stableforehead said:
I get what you're saying but I personally don't think how good looking you are dictates how important your hair is.
I know this out of my own experience. No, I don´t have a face like Jude Law does.... :laugh: The opposite. When I started to lose hair I considered myself very ugly. I am probably not, but rather below average. Nevertheless lack of attractiveness wasn´t a concern for me at all. There were probably various reasons why it bothered me so much: The helplessness when you are losing it. How it makes you look old and you are losing your youth. It is simply uncool. The public humiliation etc.

Imo these are the reasons why Jude Law, Jason Statham or Kelly Slater would do anything to get their hair back in spite of still being rich and good looking without hair.