Heart sides from finasteride?

Ttal914

Reaction score
I have been on proscar 1 mg for about two weeks. No problems at all until yesterday when i began to feel my heart beat hard. It has done this before especially when i was on minoxidil. Also i have an anxiety disorder and i would sometimes get this feeling but it would go away quickly. I dont know if his is in my head but i do not want to get off the propecia. The beats are slightly uncomfortable and nothing unbearable. Also i suddenly quit taking my anxiety medication for 5 days and started back up today. I hought the beats wold go away since i took it today but hey are hitting hard right now. Do you think i cold stay on the propecia? My dermatologist said to get off the proscar until i take my anxiety meds again and get my body back to normal and then get back on the proscar. He also said he has never had a patient with heart problems from propecia. Also my heart rate is fine, but i can feel it more than usual.

Ttal914

Reaction score
The symptoms are not bad. Just a little aggravating. It doesnt feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. It just sounds a little heavy. I had a problem with this when i was on minoxidil, but that was bad. I am going to go to the cardiologist and get some test done and see what would be the consequences if i continues on the proscar? I went into taking the proscar so worried about the sides that i was paranoid it would happen. I really dont want to get off the proscar because i already see less hair falling out.

T

Timi

after 17Years i must stop all

minoxidil Heart damaged
finasteride Heartproblems and Prostata burns very heavy
my Lungs burns from finasteride and minoxidil

i have ruined my live with this drugs!

Timi

T

Timi

Hello Joe

Yes i am a Idiot i have the Symptomes long ignored
than the side effects worser and worser
Libido is Zero

i hope my Libido comes back

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
Get off the drugs, go to see a doctor and if you get back to normal count yourself very lucky.

fml

Established Member
Reaction score
So wait, the OP says he suffers from anxiety so much that he has to have medication for it. He also says that, before taking finasteride, he has had this problem he mentions before. He also says he stopped taking his anxiety medication a number of days ago. Now he thinks he has an odd heart beat. But none of you are going to suggest to him he might be having an attack of anxiety? Its the finasteride is it?

Sigh. No wonder nobody takes the "finasteride sides" community seriously. This thread is ridiculous im afraid :( You guys have become myopic.

T

Timi

but i can say
the minoxidil side effects was 10xworser as the finasteride side effects
after apply fight for survival

Timi

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
fml said:
So wait, the OP says he suffers from anxiety so much that he has to have medication for it. He also says that, before taking finasteride, he has had this problem he mentions before. He also says he stopped taking his anxiety medication a number of days ago. Now he thinks he has an odd heart beat. But none of you are going to suggest to him he might be having an attack of anxiety? Its the finasteride is it?

Sigh. No wonder nobody takes the "finasteride sides" community seriously. This thread is ridiculous im afraid :( You guys have become myopic.

What? this guy is not part of the 'finasteride sides' community, if you are referring to people like me who are suffering persistant/ permanent side effects. I wasn't talking to the original poster, of course his issues are probably withdrawal from the anxiety meds - withdrawl can seriously mess people up. I was talking to 'Timi' who keeps posting all over the place about his life ending and having terrible side effects for 15 years.

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
but i can say
the minoxidil side effects was 10xworser as the finasteride side effects
after apply fight for survival

Timi

Minoxidil does not cause low libido. That will be the finasteride.

OhioGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have experienced the same sides from finasteride/minoxidil. I got off minoxidil and stayed on finasteride. Been on finasteride for a little over a yr and side pretty much went away. I will feel a minor heart palpitation once every 3 weeks or so if I've drank too much caffiene.