Healthy styling aids?

misterium

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a gel that is healthy for the hair and if it got onto the scalp skin, wouldn't 'clog pores' or cause any damage or drying effects. Basically, I want a gel with good hold, to give a sleek wet look when I slick back or spike my hair, that is at the same time GOOD for the hair/scalp.

Any suggestions? I'm looking into Nioxin Liquid Gel currently.

-=Mike=-

VWdude

Reaction score
the key is to always wash it out before you go to bed... and try not to let it touch your scalp.

American crew fiber
Joico ice spiker
Got2b product line

not in any sort of order... but those are good, couldn't tell you how healthy they are but like I said just wash it out!

misterium

Reaction score
I went and ordered the Nioxin Liquid Gel... it has wheat proteins, is alcohol free, and resists humidity supposedly.

VWdude

Reaction score
tell me how it goes, i've never used that stuff before. I'm more into a waxy, sticky substance. Because they usually thicken your hair when you apply it.

misterium

Reaction score
Thanks! That Blood Of The Dragon gel looks really nice, I will try that one after the Nioxin.

truking10

Established Member
Reaction score
could that be the reason my hairs thinning i use to always use wax and pomade alot of it and leave it in for a few days ???

misterium

Reaction score
Probably not, however the waxes might be clogging your pores or making your scalp greasy, unclean, etc.

I like the pomade look but it's just a hassle not being able to wash it out easily on a daily basis.

The Gardener

Reaction score
American Crew makes good stuff. I use their pomade for styling my hair and it is great stuff, but their shampoos weren't compatible with my hair and weighed it down quite a bit, made it curly. Then again, finding the right shampoo is very much a personal decision, everyone's hair is different.

But, if you are looking specifically for hair care products designed to be healthy on the scalp and hair strands, the brand that comes to mind is Paul Mitchell. If this is something you are concerned about, you might want to find a styling product in his line.

misterium

Reaction score
Thanks G,

Any particular gel/styling aid in the Paul Mitchell line that you could suggest?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Here is the link to the 'firm hold' styling aids in his line. You might want to poke around on the site a bit until you find something you think fits.

http://www.paulmitchell.com/site/subpag ... on=2,8,325

They are a premier, salon-quality product provider. All their sh*t is made to be effective for the usage, AND healthy for the hair, AND easily washed out to prevent buildup. It's top quality stuff, and you might have to buy your stuff at a salon as only their shampoos are just beginning to be sold at grocery stores.

G

I haven't used any of their range but Aveda products are all natural

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
dd