Headband Game At The Gym.... Acceptable Game To Run?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm currently in the process of growing my hair out to do these kinds of styles which conceal NW2 quite well:
Takeshi_Kovacs.jpg

072e113e37e6ee8e17ad2763e2205900--nikolaj-coster-waldau-game-of-thrones-images.jpg

Even in the intermediary stage it doesn't look too bad when styled, however when I get up in the morning and haven't done anything to it before I head to work-out, it looks quite bad to me, with the long forelock hanging down making the recessed hairline edges really stand out.

I am thinking about just getting a workout headband so I don't have to deal with styling my hair just for a work out(I'm currently going to a commercial gym with a lot of chicks). Is this acceptable game for a man to run in 2018? Or do I risk looking like a douche?

colin-farrell1.jpg

71xA1EocdBL._SY355_.jpg

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will be honest.
Douche.
But maybe European standards be different

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW: It is true that the guys in the pics are NW2, BUT
their hair quality remains good: they can comb it as they like, they have good consistency.
Maybe the Norwood scale should be complemented with remaining hair density.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would just wear a hat as I've done in the past, however I sweat a TON. The hat gets disgusting, my scalp all clammy and I end up taking it on and off constantly throughout the workout to air my scalp out, which is annoying. This seems like a better alternative for me

I think I'm just going to go ahead and order one, f*** it

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's only one NW2 in those 4 pics

Bottom 2 pics are just examples of headband

Top guy, Joel Kinnaman is a strong NW2. Jaime Lannister is a NW1.5-2 depending on who you ask

It's a good style for hairline corner recession with density still intact

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
u got pics of ur nw2? when i was 1.5-2 i used to rock hair like this and it looked really good, i got sh*t loads of tinder matches

but now when i prorgressed past nw2, its f*****g over, it looks ugly as sh*t, u cant even do comb over anymore cuz that zone is receded as well and it noticeably bald

hair transplant or we are socially dead, brother

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 529
  • 12345.jpg
    12345.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 494
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 493

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
u got pics of ur nw2? when i was 1.5-2 i used to rock hair like this and it looked really good, i got sh*t loads of tinder matches

but now when i prorgressed past nw2, its f*****g over, it looks ugly as sh*t, u cant even do comb over anymore cuz that zone is receded as well and it noticeably bald

Today:
IMG_20180504_151257.jpg

IMG_20180504_151424.jpg

IMG_20180504_151418.jpg

IMG_20180504_151303.jpg

Here's my hair pre-regrowth, when combover game was becoming quite difficult:
28kn02d.jpg

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

To me you look like you have enough you could still pull off decent cover-up

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, 2 years big 3 + 7 months dermarolling

Temple angles/hairline corners were slick bald pre treatment, as you can see
yeah, im same situation u were pre treatment, bald corner and it looks like sh*t, i think now u regrew back to like nw1-1.5

finasteride is goin good so far, no sides n sht? how old r u?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, im same situation u were pre treatment, bald corner and it looks like sh*t, i think now u regrew back to like nw1-1.5

finasteride is goin good so far, no sides n sht? how old r u?

I'm 29. Only finasteride side is watery jizz, I'm very pleased so far with what this drug has done for me

I'm not NW1. I could see the argument for 1.5 although I'm actually surprised myself by how good it looks in those pics. IRL you'd probably see me as more a NW2 because much of that hair at the corners is weak and not necessarily cosmetically relevant. Still seems to be VERY gradually improving though

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 29. Only finasteride side is watery jizz, I'm very pleased so far with what this drug has done for me

I'm not NW1. I could see the argument for 1.5 although I'm actually surprised myself by how good it looks in those pics. IRL you'd probably see me as more a NW2 because much of that hair at the corners is weak and not necessarily cosmetically relevant. Still seems to be VERY gradually improving though
Yeah, mb not nw1, but defo not nw2, i can see solid regrowth from before picture.

thats my only hope at this point, as i read and heard hair doesnt regrow on temples even with finasteride and minoxidil, obv if folliciles are alrdy dead there.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, mb not nw1, but defo not nw2, i can see solid regrowth from before picture.

thats my only hope at this point, as i read and heard hair doesnt regrow on temples even with finasteride and minoxidil, obv if folliciles are alrdy dead there.

For me hair did regrow there, even with them being slick bald, and I still have new weak hairs popping up. Others on here have had similar experiences. So the whole popular mantra of "regrowth is impossible on temples and slick bald areas" is simply a false statement. Unfortunately I don't think there's been extensive studies done on regrowth at the hairline so we mostly go off anecdotal reports for this as we don't have a scientifically backed success percentage

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me hair did regrow there, even with them being slick bald, and I still have new weak hairs popping up. Others on here have had similar experiences. So the whole popular mantra of "regrowth is impossible on temples and slick bald areas" is simply a false statement. Unfortunately I don't think there's been extensive studies done on regrowth at the hairline so we mostly go off anecdotal reports for this as we don't have a scientifically backed success percentage
i guess ill jump on finasteride and see if i get any sides to stick with it, not sure about minoxidil. do u apply minoxidil all over scalp? is it troublesome and time consuming?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
i guess ill jump on finasteride and see if i get any sides to stick with it, not sure about minoxidil. do u apply minoxidil all over scalp? is it troublesome and time consuming?

I apply it at my hairline, including the sparse recessed areas, and like 1-2 inches back. I don't apply it elsewhere because im using it for regrowth and not relying on it for maintenance(thats what finasteride is for)

An application takes probably 30-90 seconds depending on how big of an area you're looking to cover

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply it at my hairline, including the sparse recessed areas, and like 1-2 inches back. I don't apply it elsewhere because im using it for regrowth and not relying on it for maintenance(thats what finasteride is for)

An application takes probably 30-90 seconds depending on how big of an area you're looking to cover
which brand and what type (foam or smth else) do u use and where do u buy it?