Headaches 1 week after quitting Minoxidil?!

sgm

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I started using minoxidil foam 4 weeks ago but stopped 1 week ago due to the headaches and lightheadedness I was getting from it. It has been just over 1 week now and I am still getting the same headaches that I was getting when using it. It's a weird feeling, kind of like my brain is slightly slower to react to things and my eyes take a second longer to focus at times, as well as what feels like pressure on my brain causing the headaches.

Has anyone head of this persisting this long after quitting??

rcom440

Reaction score
I had headaches and dizziness when I started using minoxidil. It has to do with blood pressure as minoxidil can lower it. You should be fine after a few days, well it could be longer than a week as everyone is different. Do you think it's slowly going away ?
Let us know.

rcom440

Reaction score
That's why it's important not to overdose it as it can go systemic . Then it can cause headaches, dizziness, heart palpitations.

Hahasu87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just applied minoxidil 5 % (0.5 ml) on my face for 3 days and stopped right away since i started feeling dizzy and lightheaded. Now after 10 days of stopping, i'm still lightheaded for most of the day. How long before these effects wear off?

My BP was low for the first couple of days but has returned to normal since.

spartan127

My Regimen
Reaction score
I too feel the same, I used it for 3 weeks, stopped for 4 or 5 days and still feel just like describe above. I cant find updates with people recovering from this, I heard this could take 1 month. I will update as soon as I feel different.