Having finasteride Side Effects 8 Months In

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is 1mg overdosing? Would you recommend cutting it?

Everyone is different. 1mg isnt technically overdosing but is clearly too much for some people. I think everyone should start with .5mg max and then only go to 1mg after a year if there are no sides. .5mg is something like 90% as effective as 1mg anyways.

ngc800

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I'm reading methylation isnt permanent and is a common occurence. The DNA sequence isnt altered... the genes themselves arent altered. The methyl groups can supress the transcription of genes... but remove the methyl group and the gene will get transcribed.

Just quick note from Wiki:

DNA methylation is a process by which methyl groups are added to the DNA molecule. Methylation can change the activity of a DNA segment without changing the sequence. When located in a gene promoter, DNA methylation typically acts to repress gene transcription. In mammals DNA methylation is essential for normal development and is associated with a number of key processes including genomic imprinting, X-chromosome inactivation, repression of transposable elements, aging, and carcinogenesis.
I have had PFS for 3 years now. Some people have had it for 20. The subjects in Melcangi's sample have had it for years. What is your definition of not permanent? How do I remove the methyl groups?!