Having Drastic Hair Loss In 4 1/2 Months (pictures Included).

Apodote

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 15 years old, and hair does not run in my family, well at least right now. Nobody in my family has went completely bald and here I am, shedding like crazy and having diffuse hair thinning. I really don't know what to think, when this first started happening I was so depressed, and now I'm starting to just deceive myself with saying it's "Telogen Effluvium." I went to the doctor, took 2 blood tests one for my thyroid and just blood in general. They both came back completely healthy. I'm now almost there to 5 months and seeing no regrowth, though when they took a piece of my hair they said it was in the Telogen phase, I have a receding hairline and a thinning crown, to add on top of that I have diffuse hair loss. I sometimes go the bathroom in the morning and spend maybe 3/4 of a minute shedding my hair (NOT PULLING), and then standing there counting every individual hair; it ranges from 90 - 100+, that's just from the morning, so don't say "it's in the limit," cause no it's not. I don't know how much hair I'm losing over the day, then I do the same before I go to bed and it ranges about the same. I stopped doing that now but when I just shed a little over the sink I can tell obviously that it comes out easier. One last thing, every hair I count, every hair that I pull from the sink, every hair that I look at in the light, has a white bulb, even from my hairline; it didn't grow back but will it? I still have some baby hairs where my hairline used to be but I'm just guessing that's male pattern baldness.

Now, I do have a theory that could potentially relate to my hair loss but I don't know. During mid-January I experienced severe anxiety shock, I felt like I was electrocuted and I lost the power in my legs but I was still standing. I was just "shocked." 15 days later I went to get a haircut and my hairline drastically receded. My haircut previously was fine, I had EXTREMELY thick hair my hairline was very straight, maybe not the straightest I always had a widows peak when I look at my baby pictures.

To point out where my hairline was previously: the picture with the pink stars that block out my face; if you look in the top right of my forehead you'll see I have a scar, my hairline was EXACTLY right above that, touching the top of the scar. Also you'll see my side burns are thinning as well. I have diffuse thinning, from the sides just didn't take the picture. I can see through my hair I remember when I was first experiencing this I used to do the same and just pull my hair in the middle of my scalp and it was a very small gap I used to see, now I can see through those hair follicles in the picture below, and the last picture you can see my hair is extremely thin and you can see scalp (these aren't in order).
hairloss version 2.jpg
hair loss version 1.jpg
har.jpg
hairloss.jpg
IMG_2109.JPG
hairloss version 2.jpg
hair loss version 1.jpg
har.jpg
hairloss.jpg
IMG_2109.JPG
hairloss version 2.jpg
hair loss version 1.jpg
har.jpg
hairloss.jpg
IMG_2109.JPG
hairloss version 2.jpg
hair loss version 1.jpg
har.jpg
hairloss.jpg
IMG_2109.JPG
hairloss version 2.jpg
hair loss version 1.jpg
har.jpg
hairloss.jpg
IMG_2109.JPG
hairloss version 2.jpg
hair loss version 1.jpg
hair loss version 1.jpg
hair loss version 1.jpg
har.jpg
har.jpg

Please just give me a second opinion, male pattern baldness? Telogen Effluvium? Alopecia? Other?

Anders Persson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if it helps, but except for the fact that you had extremely thick hair before, my story is very very similar in a sense. I had an extremely rough time in December /January, and that's when it started. I shedded a ton like that but a couple months later the shedding completely stopped I barely lose hair anymore. My hairline is very straight, however receding a bit. After my shedding stopped I haven't experienced any regrowth though :/