Having A Tough Time Understanding My Hair Loss (pics Included)

Jakejae

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I noticed this loss of hair in July and it was random. I had an excessive shedding of Hair up until September. It has slowed down since since then. My hairline and crown and are fine and intact. No receding hairline and no balding at the crown. Yet I’m still confused about this hair loss. I know it’s a hair loss but I want to know how serious it is and is it time I get on monxidil at least? Also is this male pattern or is my hair in resting phase? Diffuse thinning? Idk I’m just guessing at this point

Attachments

• E264FAF7-7603-4040-9C44-3B89897C20A1.jpeg
    E264FAF7-7603-4040-9C44-3B89897C20A1.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 556
  • A0376D28-CC06-41E9-8B29-806EEFF45768.jpeg
    A0376D28-CC06-41E9-8B29-806EEFF45768.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 511

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is the start of diffuse male pattern baldness. What is ur family history of hairloss? You are 28 years old?

Jakejae

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is the start of diffuse male pattern baldness. What is ur family history of hairloss? You are 28 years old?
No that’s not my real age lol. But I’m 24 actually. No one in my family has suffered from hair loss but my mom has female pattern baldness but that appeared when she turned 58. So it’s very puzzling to me why I suddenly lost a patch.

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been stressed lately? Poor health? Unhealthy habits? Drinking, lack of sleep, poor nutrition, etc......

Jakejae

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been stressed lately? Poor health? Unhealthy habits? Drinking, lack of sleep, poor nutrition, etc......
I would definitely say lack of sleep and stressed lately. But could that thin it that much?

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude it looks like your balding diffusely from he center part of your hair ... All you can do is jump in meds and hope it stabilizes it and possibly thickens....or just accept it and live your life. Either way best of luck.

Jakejae

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude it looks like your balding diffusely from he center part of your hair ... All you can do is jump in meds and hope it stabilizes it and possibly thickens....or just accept it and live your life. Either way best of luck.[/QUOTE

So finasteride and minoxidil?

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should see a doctor to make sure that you have male pattern baldness. If you do then you can start off with minoxidil or finasteride. If your doctor thinks it is aggressive then maybe start with both. You could add and do other things afterwards but those two (minoxidil/finasteride ) are the only real options right now. But make sure by seeing a doctor first.