Having a really complicated hair loss story!

batman38102

Reaction score
So my turn has come too to start losing hair and it started early August 2014 when I started losing hair from the sides. I bought nizoral shampoo 2% and started using it everyday and my hair was regrowing but nizoral was too expensive so I bought Clarazole(made in UAE) which is same like nizoral but for some reason when I started using it I was losing more hair. Was it because I was using it everyday? I mean I even did it with nizoral. Is it normal to lose hair when starting the treatment? I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP IM ONLY 15 AND I DONT WANNA BE BALD!

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have been using coconut hair oil as my parents have been forcing me and think that this shampoo won't work and honestly I think that's going to be the case. Please help

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you don't lose hair from the sides of your head with male pattern baldness.... And also your hair loss won't change within like two weeks of starting treatment, and even if it did nizoral is too weak, and you would notice an initial shed starting any effective treatment. Almost everything you said implies you have an extreme ignorance of male pattern baldness and hair loss treatments

batman38102

Reaction score
Then what should I do? Now I'm using the ketoconazole shampoo twice per week. Also putting coconut hair oil before going to sleep then washing it next day with normal shampoo. Any advice's? Also hair loss runs in my mom and dads side so I thought I may have male pattern baldness. If I don't then what do I have since some family members had initially dandruff then hairloss? To be clear I have dandruff

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep using the keto shampoo. See a dermatologist or even better, a hair loss doctor such as one that does hair transplants (obviously you shouldn't get a hair transplant but they also can diagnose you and give you advice better than a regular dermatologist, and they would also prescribe hair loss treatments which you may want to do in a few years).

I would not start finasteride/propecia because of your age. Once you are 17 or 18 though and clearly done with puberty I would start finasteride though.

You will have to deal with the keto shampoo alone and just hope your hair loss doesn't progress for a few years. You can talk to the hairloss doctor about when he thinks it is best for you to start finasteride.

Once again, if you are losing hairs on the side of your head that is not typical of male pattern baldness....

batman38102

Reaction score
Keep using the keto shampoo. See a dermatologist or even better, a hair loss doctor such as one that does hair transplants (obviously you shouldn't get a hair transplant but they also can diagnose you and give you advice better than a regular dermatologist, and they would also prescribe hair loss treatments which you may want to do in a few years).

I would not start finasteride/propecia because of your age. Once you are 17 or 18 though and clearly done with puberty I would start finasteride though.

You will have to deal with the keto shampoo alone and just hope your hair loss doesn't progress for a few years. You can talk to the hairloss doctor about when he thinks it is best for you to start finasteride.

Once again, if you are losing hairs on the side of your head that is not typical of male pattern baldness....

Lol so I did go to the hair loss doctor and for some reason he is saying I'm not losing hair due to male pattern baldness but because I over masturbate(We all make mistakes okay!). And he says hair growth is fine and I should give it some time. Thoughts?

To be clear things did not go well.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Lol so I did go to the hair loss doctor and for some reason he is saying I'm not losing hair due to male pattern baldness but because I over masturbate(We all make mistakes okay!). And he says hair growth is fine and I should give it some time. Thoughts?

So it is true...

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score

Okay. You did not go to the "hair loss doctor" and you invented this story about over masturbation because you read it somewhere on this forum probably.
High DHT causes high sex drive, it's not sex drive or masturbation that causes high DHT.