Having a career feels terrible and meaningless

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some guy with a fragile ego is potentially abusing the report button. Either way, banning all major thread starters without clear guidelines is gonna kill this forum really fast.
All the spambots with virus ridden fishing links are still arround, too.

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just go work remote. I've been working 12 hours a week and been traveling all over South America and Europe last 4 years.
Living like a king in Colombia currently.
Haven't cooked in 7 months.
Not all jobs have the potential to be worked remotely

Greggy1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just some advice, most people hate their jobs, but everyone needs money to live the life the want. Everything costs money in life and if you want to be eating good and living good, you're going to need to put in the work to get an atleast average to above average job.

That's where comfort is your enemy. It's not all about what you like to do. In fact, the majority of people who only do what they like to do are often the Lower paid individuals who also have a lower quality life.

You always want to be making enough money to be financially free to live your best life. Unless you're really skilled or have some great business idea to be an entrepreneur (which often requires capital to start), most people will need to climb up the corporate ladder.

There are ways to get out out the corporate system faster but that most often will still require you taking sh*t from your boss in corporate for a few years until you save up enough and make enough from your side hustle, by learning skills like smart investing, trading in the financial markets, cryptocurrency, etc.

Simple example as to why you need a good paying job or stream of income is because besides the super importance of eating a healthy organic diet, people able to afford high quality supplements, gym, holidays, clothes, entertainment, health insurance, etc you would also need a substantial amount of money for a high quality hair treatment plan.

There's a lot of treatments for Hairloss in the pipeline and I'm pretty sure none of them are going to be as low cost as Rogaine (which to many, Rogaine is expensive itself).

If not anything else, think about these possible great treatments coming out and you not being able to afford it because you chose the comfortable life that does not give you the luxury to comfortably afford the best for your hair.

Also, having money is important for your social life, your family, and your own mental and physical health.

In life you gotta bite the bullet a lot of the time and just grind it out till you make it out the system. It sucks but that's just how life is.
I really loved this answer.It sums up everything.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you give some more details? So you freelance then? And what platform do you use to offer your services? How long did it take for you to earn a living from it?
I started with SEO. I have my own agency with 2 employees. One marketeer and one webdesigner. I build that up in 9 months pure grinding in Lockdown. Working EVERY DAY (no cutting corners) for at least 14 hours but most days it was 16-18.
Wake up and do it again.
That gave me a lot of financial security.

After I hired me marketeer, I had not a lot to do. So I started freelancing on the side as a writer. I'm really enjoying this job and have been doing this for a year now. Literally started on UpWork and some FB groups and now get paid €55 an hour for just some writing. It's a job in huge demand and it will stay like that for years to come.
It earned me 3-4 months to make an okayish living from it, around €1200-1400 a month. But I could've made much more. I just don't want to work a lot of hours, as I travel the world as well. So I just work 20 hours maximum. Not all jobs are paid hourly, those are the best because sometimes they give you work for 5 but it pays for 15.

I hope i gave you enough info!

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing, you have any practical advice on how to start from zero?
Niche down. In my case, this was my country. We have around 20 million speakers. English would be harder because of the compeition. That's why you would niche down if you're native English.

Start with giving €100 service for €10 prices
Get a website with those clients. Build your portfolio.
Always notice on websites how a person is writing and if this seduces/attracts you in a way. Then copy and/or improve it.

A good stolen text is always better than a bad original one. Just copy some texts sometimes you like, and improve them or change the structure and some words so it won't show up as plagirsm.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 21 and i truly hate the corporate world. I hate all this "professionalism" horseshit and how much it matters despite it being completely pointless and obviously fake, i hate having a greedy *** boss telling me what to do for their own benefit, i hate having to work a job that feels colorless and bland and somehow makes me feel like i'm not doing any meaningful sh*t no matter how hard i work, i hate working per a schedule like i'm going to elementary school, i hate being surrounded by people that i utterly dislike.

I just hate sitting in a motherfucking office and working my *** off everyday even if it pays well because it's mentally torturous

I think after i graduate i will try to get into carpentry and become a carpenter. My family will be pissed. But i won't spend the rest of my life feeling like sh*t and loathing everyday because i have to work in an office

“I was looking for a job and then I found a job…and heaven knows I’m miserable now!”

I visited my parents workplace as a child and vividly remember thinking to myself how could people spend all day sitting at a desk in an office. Despite all my resistance I ended up doing the same exact thing as an adult because the money and benefits were good. I don’t hate my job but I still hate the office environment.

Most people end up making trade offs with work. Some get stuck in jobs they hate because they’ve grown accustomed to a certain type of lifestyle.

Now is the best time in your life to explore your options and figure out what you want to do. Take advantage of that time. Good luck.