Havent been here for about a year.. Here´s my thoughts today

fredrik78er

Reaction score
Ive been on Propecia for a long time now maybe it is about 1 1/2 year. But I havent done it at all as I should. I have only taken like three pills a week. I was really good for about 8 months took the pill every day but then I just got tired of being so obsessed with my hair. I still take the pill once in a while, don´t know why really, just makes me feel a little bit better.

Anyway I met a girl and started to care about other things. As I see it today, some people might be better off losing their hair. We all have some things we have to ofer others. When I found out that I for shure was going to be completely bald (you see the pattern quite early on) I was devastated. But now recently, while my hair is gtting worse by the day, I realize it just keeps me fighting even more to be succesful in other areas. If you can accept that you are turning uglier, you can improve other things, like work out more, study or work harder, achieve more.

And I truly feel sorry for some of you still here after a year with the same talk like: "When I see my hair in the mirror I want to throw up blah blah"
I think you might want to see someone and talk about it, because ten years from now you will look back and think that you wasted precious time being a complete idiot.

And by the way, girls arnt attracted to hair.. They are attracted to confidence, and don´t you try to deny it!! I do it all to often!

Good luck to everyone with their hair, regimen and life...

fredrik78er

Reaction score
Don´t get me wrong.. I´m pretty sensitive, took me long time to accept my balding too. I used to bee really good looking, and it was very much because of my thick hair, it gave me confidence, but you have to think again, and of course i´m not over the fact that it bothers me a lot, but I know better then to think it´s like 90 percent of what ´s important.

Your hair is one thing of 1000 things you have to offer others. Improve other things, people know you can´t grow your hair back.

moegreen

Reaction score
I like to look at it as a disease... and when I do, I'm atleast thankful I don't have cancer or some other sh*t.

KevinW

Established Member
Reaction score
fredrik78er, how old are you, and how long have you been experiencing male pattern baldness?

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Relax. Whenever I get upset, I think like this. These medications can save my hair for some years. After that I will be earning good enough and then I can go for a hair transplant.

hair transplant is doing wonders these days. In a few years from now, it will be more improved. :)

fredrik78er

Reaction score
I´m 25 and have been experiencing male pattern baldness for 2 1/2 -3 years.

Of course girls are attracted to hair. But they are also attracted to noses hands legs etc. Be a man about it. It´s not all about hair, which you realize when you think about how much you thought of a persons hair after you discovered your male pattern baldness compared to before. It´s natural for men to lose hair so just accept it. If you are confident you will be able to get good looking girls anyway.

Rust1

Reaction score
Well, the problem with this whole issue is the number of variables. Just like treatments that work with some people don't work well with others, so it goes with how the whole male pattern baldness issue affects people.

There's just too many variables. For some it's devastating, others it's just a fact of life. I see everyone's views on it; everyone has valid points. I'm in the middle of that spectrum, some days it bothers me more than others. But I take it a day at a time and try not to look farther than that. And it always makes me feel better knowing i'm doing what I can to fight back.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I can't help but mention a poem that I heard that goes right along with what is being said here.

"God grant me serentiy to accept the things I can not change.
Courage to change the things that I can.
And wisdom to know the difference."

Of course DON'T play the sour grapes game. Do what you can to at least arrest the problem. But if you are using all kinds of hair loss treatments and you are still losing your hair exercise a bit of wisdom and be nice to yourself. Those who look at you will notice the difference not on top but in how you walk and talk:)

Greg

Petchsky

Reaction score
Greg1 said:
Hmmm...I can't help but mention a poem that I heard that goes right along with what is being said here.

"God grant me serentiy to accept the things I can not change.
Courage to change the things that I can.
And wisdom to know the difference."

Of course DON'T play the sour grapes game. Do what you can to at least arrest the problem. But if you are using all kinds of hair loss treatments and you are still losing your hair exercise a bit of wisdom and be nice to yourself. Those who look at you will notice the difference not on top but in how you walk and talk:)

Greg

Nice poem...think i'll remember that one.

:lol: