Have you filled in your "Regimen" ?

A

Administrator

Noticing that a large percent of you (well over 50%) aren't using the "Regimen" box on your profiles, and therefore the "View My Regimen" button on your posts is completely empty.

Could you guys fill in what you're currently on, and include the type of hair loss you have, so we can all benefit from this cool feature?

1) Click "User Control Panel" at the top of this page
2) Click "Profile" on the left.
3) Scroll to the bottom.

Thanks!

Admin

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You forgot to say please! :tongue:

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin,
If I buy a spray bottle how long can I expect it to last? $46 for 2 months (as advertised) seems steep.

Cassin

Reaction score
I have been using 2 or 3 bottles a year for the most part but have just gotten too distant lately.

3 times a week...4 to 6 sprays on the scalp did me wonders. Tricomin is great stuff. I will probably go back to it sooner than later.

Give it a good shake or two before each use BTW.

A

Administrator

treadstone said:
Have you lost any ground since using your combination of spironolactone and revivogen?
I've actually only been using spironolactone for the most part, honestly. Morning and evening, first two inches of hairline, and I still don't see an ounce of hair loss. It was going fast at age 26 and now im 34 .... after a 3-4 year Propecia Trip ... i dont seem to have lost anything. I dont know if the spironolactone is doing its job or if Propecia just permanently altered my androgen receptors ....

I have always theorized to Bryan that one might be able to "wait out the DHT storm", but he never really responded with any assurance as to the validity of my theory. The theory being of course that you could go on something like Propecia during that "change" ... in the mid 20's ... the change where your metabolism slows down, you get fat for the first time, and your hair begins to fall out. Some guys only develop a "mature hair line" whereas others begin the 20 year process of losing their hair. During this change, your DHT levels also change, as do your androgen receptor sensitivity.

I theorized (with no data whatsoever) that one might be able to take Propecia during this 1,2,3 year process and "stave off" the DHT onslaught and androgen receptor sensitivity, weather the storm, and at the end of it (3 years?) not need Propecia, or anything else for that matter. It would be a good test to have run. I don't see why I was losing hair so badly before and during propecia, and then it simply stopped for what... 8 years now??? I have been on spironolactone but only in the front 2 inches of hair. What bout the back? top? etc ... it has not thinned out at all. My family members on both sides had lost at least 2-3 inches of hairline and thinned up top noticeably by age 30 ... im approaching 5 years past that point and I havent lost a centimeter. I really wonder if Propecia caused some permanent changes (in a good way).

Admin

Petchsky

Reaction score
Interesting theory, be great if it was definitely true, as i've never really come across people who have had great success with spironolactone, or stuck with it for a substantial period of time. Though, i have noticed in the 'tell your story' section, alot of the posters there are just hitting their 20s, which is when my hairloss become aggressive.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
just entered mine! very easy. great post, thanks!

Oh noes you're just using the FDA-approved treatments! How could that possibly work by itself!?1/?1!

IMO, anyone taking flutamide or spironolactone for hairloss is beyond clueless. These are absolutely powerful drugs and should not be used for cosmetic purposes. spironolactone is particularly nasty. It blocks the synthesis of TESTOSTERONE and it blocks its receptors. I can't stress enough how bad this is for the male body... i mean for god's sake it's only prescribed for individuals suffering from (usually metastatic) invasive prostate cancer, because prostate cells are testosterone sensitive so it is used to slow their proliferation. Eventually, it doesnt work because those cells become androgen independent, i digress. :freak:

Moral of this story: finasteride is plenty bad for your hormonal balance. Don't use things that are REALLY bad and last-ditch treatments for CANCER!

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
Topical spironolactone is a different beast from oral spironolactone, though. Topical spironolactone is also almost entirely metabolized in the skin.