Have You Experienced Flaking With Minoxidil Foam?

Nounours

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

This may have already been covered before, so if it has, I'm sorry!

One of the reasons why I stopped liquid minoxidil was due to the excessive flaking it was causing on my scalp. Presumably this was due to some of the ingredients in there. I haven't tried foam yet, but before I do, it would be good to know if any of you have tried foam without flaking (maybe you changed to foam from liquid due to flaking)? I know that the composition of foam is different to that of liquid so perhaps there would be less or no flaking at all?

Anyway, please let me know what you all think!
Thank you!

wissywig

Reaction score
I just replied to another thread; was using liquid and it caused extreme itching and flaking to the point where I simply had to stop. Switched to foam, finished one can yesterday. I can say with complete confidence that I experienced none of the issues that the liquid caused.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I was having a lot of flaking with both the liquid and the foam. I would vigorously scrape my head with a brush to get it all off, but in the process I was worried about damaging my hair and head, as I was going pretty hard.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i got some sometimes. Not much but yes, i do experience these "flakes"

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had any prroblems with flaking from foam, i couldn't use the liquid, im terrible at using the dropper to cover my scalp, im on oral minoxidil right now though, low dose oral is always an option if your scalp can't tolerate topical.

Nounours

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had any prroblems with flaking from foam, i couldn't use the liquid, im terrible at using the dropper to cover my scalp, im on oral minoxidil right now though, low dose oral is always an option if your scalp can't tolerate topical.
Thanks! I was on oral minoxidil but I didn't feel like my body was tolerating it well. Same story for me with the dropper, and would always experience terrible flaking. Will try foam!

Nounours

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just replied to another thread; was using liquid and it caused extreme itching and flaking to the point where I simply had to stop. Switched to foam, finished one can yesterday. I can say with complete confidence that I experienced none of the issues that the liquid caused.
That's great! I think I'll give it a go!