Have u personally had any sideffects with Propecia/Finasteride/Proscar?

Brutus

Reaction score
Puffy nipples after the second day of 1mg ED. Cut dosage down to 0.25 ED and puffy nipples haven't gotten any better or worse.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Puffy nipples after the second day of 1mg ED. Cut dosage down to 0.25 ED and puffy nipples haven't gotten any better or worse.

Is it really possible to develop gyno after only 2 doses?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Is it really possible to develop gyno after only 2 doses?

its not possible to develop actual glands or tissue in 2 days but definately enough to notice your nipple size increase and get puffy.\

gyno will never get beetter if you're on finasteride and i believe once you stop it will def decrease in size and eventually over years go back to normal. but whatever dose of propecia your taking will always keep your nips puffy.

Brutus

Reaction score
its not possible to develop actual glands or tissue in 2 days but definately enough to notice your nipple size increase and get puffy.\

gyno will never get beetter if you're on finasteride and i believe once you stop it will def decrease in size and eventually over years go back to normal. but whatever dose of propecia your taking will always keep your nips puffy.

I cut doseage down to .25mg ED and the puffiness has gone down slightly but is definitely still there. I'm quite sure that the puffiness wasn't there before taking the medicine.

TransientHair

Established Member
Reaction score
No noticeable side effects, and I've been on Finasteride for over a year now. I thought Finasteride would have given me Gynecomastia too since I had some extra breast tissue before starting it, but that doesn't seem to have happened.

read1516

Reaction score
I'm using dutasteride but sides are not that nasty. Don't worry. At least the benefit will be far more than the sides, if you're not too unlucky.

sjbuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Very bad sides. Low libido, ED, ball/dick shrinkage, ball pain, joint ache.

- - - Updated - - -

I experienced side effect the first 2 weeks, but I'm good now. The sides were not that bad, you have a 98% chance you won't have any. And, if you do, they will wear off.

98% is BS. Nothing personal to Folliman but Mercks info was at best inaccurate a worst dangerous cold misinformation. The reality is you WILL get sides, its a case of if you will be aware of them. finasteride could be a short term option but not a lifetime solution.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
98% is BS. Nothing personal to Folliman but Mercks info was at best inaccurate a worst dangerous cold misinformation. The reality is you WILL get sides, its a case of if you will be aware of them. finasteride could be a short term option but not a lifetime solution.

I disagree that you WILL get sides on finasteride. I think the majority of people won't. But I also agree the 2% stat given by Merck is suspect, I think it's higher.

sjbuk

Established Member
Reaction score
I disagree that you WILL get sides on finasteride. I think the majority of people won't. But I also agree the 2% stat given by Merck is suspect, I think it's higher.

If a side is ED, lower libido, ball ache etc I suspect everyone will experience some of these. Do you honestly believe that taking something which alters hormonal profiles will ONLY effect hair loss or that drugs ONLY effect the targeted complaint ?

If a drug is powerful it will effect a number of things, if we notice them or not IMO. That's the risk.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
If a side is ED, lower libido, ball ache etc I suspect everyone will experience some of these. Do you honestly believe that taking something which alters hormonal profiles will ONLY effect hair loss or that drugs ONLY effect the targeted complaint ?

Why would you suspect everyone will experience these sides? There's certainly no evidence for that.

I'm actually surprised that more people don't experience sides, given the 70-80% drop in DHT, which is an important androgen in the male body. But then there are the rare cases of persistent ED, gyno etc. that you would come to expect from a hormone-altering drug.

From what I've read on these forums it seems most people would live with the less severe, and more common sides such as lack of morning wood, watery semen, even decreased libido, if it meant keeping their hair. Fair enough, I probably would too.

sjbuk

Established Member
Reaction score
I wrote everyone will experience some sides not all. I would and did tolerate sides as a risk for taking finasteride but changed my initial strategy from lifetime drug to period of time. Having later read about the considerable sexual risks which i didn't realise initially, trusting the 2% figure, I'm not sure I would have risked permanent sexual issues for keeping more hair. Merck obviously new 2% is v different to eg 25% + which is still likely conservative. Not sure if they would know about permanent sides though as original study was 5 years.

topt

Banned
Reaction score
http://urologytimes.modernmedicine....ffects-data-lacking-5-ari-hair-loss?page=full
April 03, 2015

In the retrospective review, researchers from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago examined 34 trials of finasteride, for Androgenetic Alopecia, concluding: "Available toxicity information from clinical trials of finasteride in men with Androgenetic Alopecia is very limited, is of poor quality, and seems to be systematically biased."

Merck really is something else; I hope you all remember vioxx.

balding2early

Reaction score
No sides been on it 10 months. I'm 19 started propecia at 18. It has maintained my hair or I might have lost some ground but I'm definitely better off then I would have been without it.

CyberStorm

Reaction score
Had a dull testicle pain that was intermittent during the first month or so. Also experienced watery semen periodically, but after about two months...all sides went away.
Been in finasteride since early 2012 - experience no sides since the initial two months,

g.i joey

Reaction score
finasteride cures my.acne big time I actually really enjoy the cosmetic difference, it makes my face look soo smooth! But if I skip 2 or 3 days I'll wake up with like 4 pimples

Kevlon

Reaction score
I also don't believe Mercks data of 2 % reported side effects in finasteride 1mg therapy. I can imagine that studies of finasteride are biased torwards adverse side effect but however what I really don't get is that finasteride is actually on the drug market since 1992 in form from proscar. I mean it's been 23 years since its launch and it can't be such a bad drug like people are trying to reresent it. I mean it's worldwide used for prostate related problems in men so if this drug is so dangerous one of the dozen cancer studies of finasteride worldwide would have indicated that this is a dangerous drug