Have Tons of Money...

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
I have enough disposable income to pretty much end hairloss for me. I have the same hairloss pattern as my dad and brother which stops at a NW4, leaving hair around the sides ,rear...

my idea:

-have body hair transplanted onto scalp to add density. done by fue procedure.

-Have hairline and temples and details done by Dr Alvi Armani in toronto. Also fue surgery.

will also stay on propecia until i have a good enough reason to quit.

opinions wanted, anything else to consider?

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
I assume you've seen those amazingly realisitic looking pics on Armani's website? Aren't those unbelievable?

I've never seen one in person though... I'd like to see if it really looks that good in all conditions!

If you've got a lot of money he seems like just about the best to go to. I haven't researched hair transplants too deeply, though I have read a lot of the rather small forum devoted to it on this website. Armani is certainly a big name though, and well respected.

Have you thought about how you would work it into your life? Would you be comfortable with people seeing you in the progress of getting several procedures done or a sudden obvious change in your hair? Some opt to extend the period over a year or more, and always have to deal with swelling and torn up looking scalp. Others get a massive amount of grafts at once, taking time off to recover a decent looking scalp, then show up at work and to see friends looking way different!

Just something to think about and talk over with any doctor you go to. You need to know how long after surgery til you scalp will be free from swelling and redness so you can show it.

MH

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
heres some pics of an actual patient. The patient made this site himself. Armani seems like a really good doctor. If i need to get a transplant in a couple of years im gonna go to him. I think it a good idea. f***, if u got the money just do it and get on with ur life. But on his site he does not say anything about transplanting body hair with FUE, does he do that?

I wish propecia results looked like this. This guy kept a good picture history.

http://www.alviarmanihairtransplant.com/

G

under20 said:
heres some pics of an actual patient. The patient made this site himself. Armani seems like a really good doctor. If i need to get a transplant in a couple of years im gonna go to him. I think it a good idea. f***, if u got the money just do it and get on with ur life. But on his site he does not say anything about transplanting body hair with FUE, does he do that?

I wish propecia results looked like this. This guy kept a good picture history.

http://www.alviarmanihairtransplant.com/

His results do look good. But why do people insist that you can not see the scar. It's quite clear that there is a line going from one side to the other. Ok, you can't actually see the scar but it's easy to see that he has had something cut from his head.

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in toronto where armanis clinic is, a different dr who is also in toronto will do the body hair transplants. Both procedures will be fue so no scaring. I am only 20 years and a NW2 with quite receded temples and now thinning on the top of scalp. (think its a shed as im in month 3 of propecia.)

There would be no drastic change in appearence because i cover my temples and conceal the thinning, hopefully the propecia will kick in some regrowth in the next 3 months so i can hold off on the surgeries.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
what happens when the male pattern baldness starts receding past the orginal line where the transplant was done? That will look awfully strange.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, gotta get another one then! I believe doctors are more willing to do hair transplants if you are already on propecia and have stabalized your hair loss for awhile. I think think they insist on minoxidil, as well as copper peptides. Not to plug those products, but just to protect their work (your hair!).

I imagine anyone would need a second hair transplant even with the big 3, but ideally not a large scale one and definitely more than 5 years later, assuming the first one was a success.

MH

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was thinking....if u have a really hair neck...like myself...then there is a major crop for fue pickings....or am i wrong.?

Vampa

Reaction score
Those look to be some really solid results. Strangely enough, he has like the same hairline as I do. When I thought of my own hair, I imagined the same line that he drew across his head, so apparently there is hope for me.

Peterpan76

Reaction score
It does look really good. Hmm.. fake maybe? how much would that type of surgery cost?

I tried Propecia for almost 2 years and I dont think it work. I am still on minoxidil, but I feel that aint working either.

wild eyed

Reaction score
yeah can we get a price brakdown on this treatment.
and a total etc. cause i still have hair , but i will start secretly saving for treatment in the future.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Not to be a downer or anything but once again I am not impressed with the hairline. Not because its insufficiently thick, but because it is unnatural looking to me. There's a reason why people can spot a hair transplant from a mile away. Its usually because something in their subconscious (many times it also comes out of their mouth) says "Something just isn't right with that guy's hair but I can't put my finger on it". It's because doctors continue to make hairlines that do not reflect a natural look.

Hair lines are never a straight "wedge" like this. There needs to be at least some indentation at the temples.

Honestly it's not terrible, and in some pictures it looks alright, but if he included his whole face, subconsciously your brain would immediately go to that hairline and you'd feel that something just wasn't right. Assuming you didn't know he'd had a procedure done.

hairlineclose.jpg

The only person on the planet I know that has something like this going naturally is Brenden Frasier, and im not even sure thats his real hairline.

HairLossTalk.com

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I saw that hairline walking by me on the street I wouldn't think a thing of it, I would not think "hair transplant surgery."

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you have tons of money, call hassan and wong and have the best hair transplant

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Not to be a downer or anything but once again I am not impressed with the hairline. Not because its insufficiently thick, but because it is unnatural looking to me. There's a reason why people can spot a hair transplant from a mile away. Its usually because something in their subconscious (many times it also comes out of their mouth) says "Something just isn't right with that guy's hair but I can't put my finger on it". It's because doctors continue to make hairlines that do not reflect a natural look.

Hair lines are never a straight "wedge" like this. There needs to be at least some indentation at the temples.

Honestly it's not terrible, and in some pictures it looks alright, but if he included his whole face, subconsciously your brain would immediately go to that hairline and you'd feel that something just wasn't right. Assuming you didn't know he'd had a procedure done.

The only person on the planet I know that has something like this going naturally is Brenden Frasier, and im not even sure thats his real hairline.

HairLossTalk.com

looks pretty good to me....actually looks fkn amazing!

Petchsky

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com WROTE,

HairLossTalk.com

Brenden Frasier wears a peice. There was pictures of him in one of my sisters girlie mags. Suffering from pretty bad diffuse thinning. Just thought i would let you know. Both their hairlines are to perfect.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
If I saw that hairline walking by me on the street I wouldn't think a thing of it, I would not think "hair transplant surgery."
Guess im just able to spot them better. Look at people's hairlines. See if you see anyone with a "wedge" shape like that, going from the front-middle. I don't really. Its more of a curve. Rounded at the front and slightly receded at the temples. Thats a natural hairline. Having spoken to a bunch of doctors, and listened to their presentations at the ISHRS conference, they're all about making a realistic looking hairline, which even they describe as having imperfections. That's the key.

HairLossTalk.com