Have I Escaped The Horrible Disease Of male pattern baldness?

enerbartol

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so so a bit of my genetic history

My Mothers father was a Norwood 1.5- 2 on the day he died in his late 80's
My uncle (mothers brother) is 64 and literally has a perfect full set of hair as a Norwood 1.5

My father however started balding at age 20 probably nw5-6 by age 26
My fathers brother (paternal uncle) started balding at 17 and was literally a NW7 by age 22
(they're maternal father was BALD so maybe got their X located AR gene off him?)

I MYSELF am 25 years old and rocking a Norwood 1.5 (pics related) which seems to be steady and not really going back any further (had this hairline for 3 years now as I've been gauging it against that birth mark on the left side of my forehead) and I have no vertex thinning as of yet....

HAVE I ESCAPED THIS HORRID DISEASE? pretty scared because of my fathers history but hoping this is an Angrogen receptor AR gene situation that I got off my mother.....

Attachments

• IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_2313.jpg
    IMG_2313.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 949

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
No ,you have not escaped . you could be escaped if you keep your current locks when you are 35. At 35 if some is NW2 or 1 he would probably keep his hair most of his life

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like you have visible miniaturising follicles at the hairline, it’s pretty unlikely you would keep your current hairline without unnatural intervention.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are doing great compared to your father and his brother. There is a chance you will keep Norwood 2 for life. But if you notice you are approaching Norwood 3, then you will need to start a treatment in order to avoid further hair loss.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The androgen receptor gene is just one of many genes that contribute towards male pattern baldness. It is a polygenic disease that both sides of the family contribute to. It is not possible to say if or when you will lose your hair yourself, but in view of your paternal family history, you are at risk and so it is important you continue to keep a close eye on your hair from now onwards, and if you actually do start losing your hair, it is important to start treating it early using finasteride. The good news is that based upon your photos, it doesn't look to me like you have any hair loss yet.

Hemanth IN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
balding is not same for everyone. there are lots of lucky ones who recede for very long time. i think you are one of those. plus, your hair density is killing me. looks matter, go enjoy life

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no way to predict the outcome. The good news is that you have hair now and that there are good chances you will keep it for a very long time. I suggest you stop thinking about it, because the problem might well never materialise.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so so a bit of my genetic history

My Mothers father was a Norwood 1.5- 2 on the day he died in his late 80's
My uncle (mothers brother) is 64 and literally has a perfect full set of hair as a Norwood 1.5

My father however started balding at age 20 probably nw5-6 by age 26
My fathers brother (paternal uncle) started balding at 17 and was literally a NW7 by age 22
(they're maternal father was BALD so maybe got their X located AR gene off him?)

I MYSELF am 25 years old and rocking a Norwood 1.5 (pics related) which seems to be steady and not really going back any further (had this hairline for 3 years now as I've been gauging it against that birth mark on the left side of my forehead) and I have no vertex thinning as of yet....

HAVE I ESCAPED THIS HORRID DISEASE? pretty scared because of my fathers history but hoping this is an Angrogen receptor AR gene situation that I got off my mother.....

Mine started to thin in my late 40s. But still slow.
My hairline was better than yours at your age

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not uncommon for harirlines to reced even substantially, then never budge again or not substantially. Crown balding is, I tend to believe, more merciless (but I don't know really)

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are in excellent shape.. However I can see a little dullness in shine of hair. So I’m your case start to learn a regimen for grooming, cleaning hair/scalp. Take some supplements. You’re looking good.