Have I Been On Bunk finasteride This Whole Time...?

2young2bald@21

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in a shitty 3rd world country lol, but it has an ok pharm industry.
I've been using this local brand 1mg finasteride for 2 years and I've experienced 0 sides, apart from a minor ballache and some watery jizz the first week, but none of that was alarming and it went away. in terms of hair quality I've gained a fair bit (hairline was receding quite aggressively) but I honestly attribute that to minoxidil and dermarolling.
3 days ago I bought proscar 5mg pills and split them into 3, giving me a dose of abit over 1.5.
..and my dick is FUCKED. I never thought I'd know the feeling of what having a floppy noodle is, but I just did and I don't like it. Otherwise my libido is fine.
1 one of 2 things happened here.. either the sudden increase in dose is what fucked my dick, or I've been using fake bunk 3rd world curry finasteride and all of my results have been purely minoxidil (which WOULDNT MAKE SENSE BECAUSE IT'S BEEN 2 YEARS??)

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird. Maybe that 0.5 mg increase induced the side effects, however I honestly doubt it. Did you stop finasteride then restart?

2young2bald@21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird. Maybe that 0.5 mg increase induced the side effects, however I honestly doubt it. Did you stop finasteride then restart?

Not at all. Been on it every day for 2 years straight.
It could be that I've split the pills in a way where some of my doses are really high (2+), or maybe the finasteride is not unevenly spread over the pill so I ended up downing 5mg all at once..
Maybe this whole time I've had minor sides that I never cared to notice.
Is it possible that minoxidil induces hair all over the hairline and continue to work for over a year? I've had temple regrowth for over a year and it's only getting stronger which wouldn't make sense if I was on bunk finasteride, because before treatment my hairline was really starting to go.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not at all. Been on it every day for 2 years straight.
It could be that I've split the pills in a way where some of my doses are really high (2+), or maybe the finasteride is not unevenly spread over the pill so I ended up downing 5mg all at once..
Maybe this whole time I've had minor sides that I never cared to notice.
Is it possible that minoxidil induces hair all over the hairline and continue to work for over a year? I've had temple regrowth for over a year and it's only getting stronger which wouldn't make sense if I was on bunk finasteride, because before treatment my hairline was really starting to go.

I have been taking .5mg of finasteride and the 1mg messes me up. We all have our tolerances.

2young2bald@21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, but I take it every three days. Trying 1mg every three days but body does not seem to like it.

That seems like a pretty low dose, but if it's working for you without castrating you then that's great.
I'm going to split the pill into more pieces I guess, don't feel like throwing it away since it cost me quite a bit of money..
One last thing, when changing doses how fast do you notice the sides?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It varies, everyone is different.

How do you cut your pills? Do you cut them and leave them for days open/cut then ingest them?

2young2bald@21

My Regimen
Reaction score
It varies, everyone is different.

How do you cut your pills? Do you cut them and leave them for days open/cut then ingest them?

With a knife. I cut the pill, take a fragment then leave all the other pieces back in the packaging, in a quiet drawer.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That seems like a pretty low dose, but if it's working for you without castrating you then that's great.
I'm going to split the pill into more pieces I guess, don't feel like throwing it away since it cost me quite a bit of money..
One last thing, when changing doses how fast do you notice the sides?

Yeah, I had noticed "sides" fairly quickly. Even a few days later. I always like to say, it could have been mental and or any other factor in my life. I think while on the pill, we tend to get a lot more heightened than we would have otherwise.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in a shitty 3rd world country lol, but it has an ok pharm industry.
I've been using this local brand 1mg finasteride for 2 years and I've experienced 0 sides, apart from a minor ballache and some watery jizz the first week, but none of that was alarming and it went away. in terms of hair quality I've gained a fair bit (hairline was receding quite aggressively) but I honestly attribute that to minoxidil and dermarolling.
3 days ago I bought proscar 5mg pills and split them into 3, giving me a dose of abit over 1.5.
..and my dick is FUCKED. I never thought I'd know the feeling of what having a floppy noodle is, but I just did and I don't like it. Otherwise my libido is fine.
1 one of 2 things happened here.. either the sudden increase in dose is what fucked my dick, or I've been using fake bunk 3rd world curry finasteride and all of my results have been purely minoxidil (which WOULDNT MAKE SENSE BECAUSE IT'S BEEN 2 YEARS??)

Your body just doesnt like the increased dose. Lower the dose to .5 again.