Have Anyone Really Got Noticeable Results.....

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gents (and Ladies)...have anyone really got any real gains/results from minoxidil use. I have been using it for almost 5 years now (with small brakes) and I am pretty much confident that I haven't had much regrow to notice the difference but my thin areas haven't worsen since I started using it. So for me it worked but in terms of slowing down/stoping hair loss only...witch is still good....what have Minoxidil done for you?

Tempura

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing so far after 4 months. Eating up my harline pretty badly.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup slight regrowth on my hairline and napeline and I maintain my hair all over

11 months of use minoxidil kirkland

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gents (and Ladies)...have anyone really got any real gains/results from minoxidil use. I have been using it for almost 5 years now (with small brakes) and I am pretty much confident that I haven't had much regrow to notice the difference but my thin areas haven't worsen since I started using it. So for me it worked but in terms of slowing down/stoping hair loss only...witch is still good....what have Minoxidil done for you?
It only works for me if I use it alongside a derma roller 1.5mm once a week. I normally wait 24 hours before adding minoxidil after rolling.

Scronge

My Regimen
Reaction score
Liopogaine

Attachments

• PicsArt_12-31-10.20.32.jpg
    PicsArt_12-31-10.20.32.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 729
  • PicsArt_12-31-10.29.49.jpg
    PicsArt_12-31-10.29.49.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 659
  • PicsArt_12-31-10.39.12.jpg
    PicsArt_12-31-10.39.12.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 602
  • PicsArt_12-31-10.43.43.jpg
    PicsArt_12-31-10.43.43.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 716

Geiri

Reaction score
Been using Kirkland 5% liquid for 2 months and I'm now already seeing noticeable results. My hair looks now similar to how it was about 5 years ago.

I've been on finasteride for 3 years and it stopped further loss but I never got any gains from it so I'm really happy getting some now with minoxidil.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It always depends on the pattern you have. How agressive, receiding / diffuse, inflammation itch..
I'm using minoxidil for 2 years 1x/day on a type A pattern on a "healthy" scalp (keto do wonders). With my current regimen I have maintained a decent norwood 1/2 but with a lack of density. I buzz cut so it 's fine for me but for others I reckon this may not be enough . As long as the shedding is under control I stick with my regimen, that's what you want

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't it suck that some people respond very well to minoxidil and others not at all and science has no answer why? I've been using topical, 15%minoxidil + finasteride + tretenoin for over 8 months now and have very very slight thickening of existing hair but no regrowth. Yet there are tiny hairs you can grab everywhere with fingertips on the seemingly bald crown but they won't get longer and remain nearly colorless. sh*t!

shookwun

Reaction score
Been using Kirkland 5% liquid for 2 months and I'm now already seeing noticeable results. My hair looks now similar to how it was about 5 years ago.

I've been on finasteride for 3 years and it stopped further loss but I never got any gains from it so I'm really happy getting some now with minoxidil.
My exact experience

Finasteride maintained my hair but never gave me any cosmetic improvement as far as quality is concerned.

It wasn't until I added minioxidil did all my hair thicken up. Even the thin areas of my scalp.

finasteride to maintai
Min to thicken

Geiri

Reaction score
Yeah pretty much sums it. I originally didn't bother with it because of it only having 1/3 success rate so wanted to just try finasteride at first.

I'm guessing the effects of it start pretty quickly. I mean if you can see it after just two months that must mean the growth started to change in the first days and weeks.

I shed a lot after about 1 and 2 weeks so I'm guessing that was a sign of it and now they are long enough to make a difference.

inmyhead

Reaction score
I'm seeing new hair popping all over. ( i'm 1 month on minoxidil ). Even the -0.5NW area started popping small hairs. I prob have a hidden woman hairline somewhere

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been balding for like 10 years, would consider my baseline "very bald". Receding hairline + diffuse + bald spot. Some results on 5% min foam after like 3 months, now just finished my 6th month and it's still v e r y s l o w l y getting better. Basically I take photos every month and you can see a slight visual difference every 2 months. Yes, that slow. But it's working and improving bit by bit. Still would be considered bald but my hair is MUCH better!

Are you taking consistent photos every month from same angle\same lighting? Are you taking min religiously (think you already said the answer is no). If no to either then you cannot evaluate min's effect.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a female and had rapid diffuse thinning of scalp and body hair with hairline recession (messed up hormones. Long story). I do have Androgenetic Alopecia. Anyway, my derm put me on 2mg oral minoxidil and I also used 5% topical twice daily. Totally regrew my hairline. In fact it OVER grew my hairline. Oral stuff also really helped my brows and lashes. HOWEVER, i hadn’t been using an anti androgen or 5AR that worked for me, so despite all of this, my hair has continued to thin, because as we know, minoxidil won’t stop dht from raping your follicles. I’ve also found that I go through bursts of growth and then periods of virtually no growth, so I end up with hairline regrowth and recession in cycles over the course of like 6 months. This seems to be unique to me however. Moral of the story: oral minoxidil is good sh*t but you need to take an anti androgen or 5AR too. Good luck.