Have Any Of You Used Sarms And Not Experienced Hair Loss From Them?

Mike Tyson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just registered here to try and get some more anecdotes. I'm NW2ish at 22 and every male on my mother's side of the family has hair loss to some degree, and I definitely don't want to worsen or accelerate mine.

I'm not on propecia right now, I'm not actually shedding hair at the moment and my hairline is identical to what it has been since about 16/17, but I know it's not going to be that way forever, so I plan on starting it soon. I just use Nizoral right now.

Anyway, I wanted to gain easy muscle and I've ruled out traditional steroid cycles because of my predisposition to hair loss. SARMs are supposed to bypass the typical symptoms of steroids, but things don't always work as they intend.

I want to use either Ostarine or LGD 4033 (LGD preferably) but I'm still scared about any hairloss that might come with that. I've seen Ostarine discussed as a hairloss cure on here but nobody knows for sure.

Any experiences would be appreciated

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SARMS have been on the go for a long time and still very experimental. Last i checked there wasnt any good results yet.

Easy muscle doest exist yet ( until the myostatin blockers come out )

Even on steroids its not easy to build muslce. Watch any bodybuilding documentary. These guys eat like tanks and train 2 or 3 times a day to look like that. You cant just pop a pill and get muscles.

My pet hate is a newbie who joins the gym and asks if he should take protien aswell as creatine cause he doesnt want to get " too big ". Hard work roids or no roids is the only way to build muscle

My spelling sucks but i got the points accross :)

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
One guy posted a while back that he grew more hair on ostarine.

Other people responded that it was a fluke.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just registered here to try and get some more anecdotes. I'm NW2ish at 22 and every male on my mother's side of the family has hair loss to some degree, and I definitely don't want to worsen or accelerate mine.

I'm not on propecia right now, I'm not actually shedding hair at the moment and my hairline is identical to what it has been since about 16/17, but I know it's not going to be that way forever, so I plan on starting it soon. I just use Nizoral right now.

Anyway, I wanted to gain easy muscle and I've ruled out traditional steroid cycles because of my predisposition to hair loss. SARMs are supposed to bypass the typical symptoms of steroids, but things don't always work as they intend.

I want to use either Ostarine or LGD 4033 (LGD preferably) but I'm still scared about any hairloss that might come with that. I've seen Ostarine discussed as a hairloss cure on here but nobody knows for sure.

Any experiences would be appreciated

Why do you prefer LGD?

Have you considered RU 58851 to protect your hair? In general it's a bad idea to protect your hair prior to hair loss, as you risk triggering hair loss. That's happened to some posters here, for example @pjhair. The issue is that anti-androgens sometimes upregulate the androgen receptor. You don't know if you're the kind of person whose androgen receptor will be upregulated, there is no way for you to know in advance, so don't take the risk unless you need to.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you prefer LGD?

Have you considered RU 58851 to protect your hair? In general it's a bad idea to protect your hair prior to hair loss, as you risk triggering hair loss. That's happened to some posters here, for example @pjhair. The issue is that anti-androgens sometimes upregulate the androgen receptor. You don't know if you're the kind of person whose androgen receptor will be upregulated, there is no way for you to know in advance, so don't take the risk unless you need to.

Spot on advise. My greatest regret in life is taking finasteride even when I didn't need it. These powerful meds are not like vitamins pills that one can just take without any serious consequences. OP, I urge you to keep an eye on your hair and ONLY take finasteride or minoxidil when you are actually losing hair.

Mike Tyson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you prefer LGD?

I prefer LGD to Ostarine because both suppress testosterone levels, but LGD typically gives you more bang for your buck from what I've read.

Also, Ive never seen that advice before, I posted my hairline pictures on reddit about a year ago and they said I'm about NW2, but get on finasteride right away because I had family history of balding and I was in the early stages of balding. I was 20 at the time and I just felt like it was too early for me to get on when I wasn't actively losing hair, and the parts where I wanted hair were already slick bald.

So you think if I'm not necessarily shedding I shouldn't be on anything? What about miniaturization? Does shedding follow miniaturization? Or is miniaturization it's own thing that I need to look out for?

Also, I have RU58841 powder on me that I don't use but I'm saving for a rainy day I guess.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I prefer LGD to Ostarine because both suppress testosterone levels, but LGD typically gives you more bang for your buck from what I've read.

Also, Ive never seen that advice before, I posted my hairline pictures on reddit about a year ago and they said I'm about NW2, but get on finasteride right away because I had family history of balding and I was in the early stages of balding. I was 20 at the time and I just felt like it was too early for me to get on when I wasn't actively losing hair, and the parts where I wanted hair were already slick bald.

So you think if I'm not necessarily shedding I shouldn't be on anything? What about miniaturization? Does shedding follow miniaturization? Or is miniaturization it's own thing that I need to look out for?

Also, I have RU58841 powder on me that I don't use but I'm saving for a rainy day I guess.

You're likely to get better advice here than on reddit. It's almost certain in fact. Personally I won't give you definitive advice without seeing your hairline.

Androgen receptor upregulation is not widely known about. Most doctors don't know about it. It's just something that shows up anecdotally among some people, we've heard of it here from several regulars on this website. I can think of at least three. There is no way to know if you'll be one of those people, though if you are you'll start feeling an itchy/crawling feeling on your scalp when taking finasteride.

I don't know if you're NW2 or not. But that's apparently the threshold where aesthetics start to take a severe hit. It's a good time to start treatment if hair is important to you. If you have concerns about finasteride, you can start at a very low dose and gradually increase it.

By the way I myself never noticed any shedding. I think I just gradually lost hair over an extended period, a small number of hairs at a time.

Mike Tyson

My Regimen
Reaction score
SARMS have been on the go for a long time and still very experimental. Last i checked there wasnt any good results yet.

Even on steroids its not easy to build muslce. Watch any bodybuilding documentary. These guys eat like tanks and train 2 or 3 times a day to look like that. You cant just pop a pill and get muscles.

My pet hate is a newbie who joins the gym and asks if he should take protien aswell as creatine cause he doesnt want to get " too big ". Hard work roids or no roids is the only way to build muscle

I just meant easy compared to lifting as a natural, I already go to the gym 5 days and week and track all my dieting and everything, it's a great stress reliever for me. I'll never look like any professional bodybuilder though, even with all the steroids in the world I'd never get to that level, I'm just trying to look a little bigger and a little leaner for the summer.

Mike Tyson

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're likely to get better advice here than on reddit. It's almost certain in fact. Personally I won't give you definitive advice without seeing your hairline.

Androgen receptor upregulation is not widely known about. Most doctors don't know about it. It's just something that shows up anecdotally among some people, we've heard of it here from several regulars on this website. I can think of at least three. There is no way to know if you'll be one of those people, though if you are you'll start feeling an itchy/crawling feeling on your scalp when taking finasteride.

I don't know if you're NW2 or not. But that's apparently the threshold where aesthetics start to take a severe hit. It's a good time to start treatment if hair is important to you. If you have concerns about finasteride, you can start at a very low dose and gradually increase it.

By the way I myself never noticed any shedding. I think I just gradually lost hair over an extended period, a small number of hairs at a time.

Interesting, thanks. Yeah, I was planning on maybe going with .25mg or .5 mg EOD and increasing the dosage to 1 or 1.25 ED should I ever really start heavily balding, but it's not really that much more DHT blocked with the higher dose so idk what to do. Maybe I'll just hold off on it.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

I know roidheads love to say that gaining muscle on roids isn't easy (dat roid user ego), but the facts (like that study) show that in ten weeks the men on roids put on 35kg on average on their squat while on roids and gained 13 pounds of muscle. The group that did a workout and no roids put on 4 pounds of muscle, and the group that did ROIDS AND NO WORKOUT PUT ON 7 POUNDS OF MUSCLE. So yes to all the idiotic steroid abusers out there, you can literally sit on your *** eating cheetos all day and you'll still put on more mass than a natty. It wasn't your hard work that gave you gains, it was the drug, and you're pathetic if you can't admit it.

Of course not everyone on steroids is going to be able to deadlift 500 pounds, but a beginner can easily hit that on steroids within a year, which is completely impossible from someone who is natty. A roid user who doesn't work out is putting on almost twice as much mass as a natty who works out. Get over it.

Last edited:

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Old thread but why not add some info.
I did a 7 week ostarine cycle.
Started at 10mg, jumped to 20mg and got severe acne on my shoulder.
Immediately went back to 10mg. Adapalene creme helped with the acne.
Eventually raised the dose again, to 15mg. That went fine.
I did seem to loose some hair.
Mostly vellus hair on the hairline disappeared.
I use Duta, minoxidil, topical estradiol.
Taking a break now for 11 weeks and will start a cycle of Osta & Andarine.
Will report back in case something interesting happens.

Edit:
Finished a 12 week cycle of Osta & Anda.
Temple receded a bit. Might be because of the Sarms.
I also havent used VPA anymore like I used to do, might also be because of this.
But since the first cycle, my estradiol gained vellus hair disappeared, and now the temple receded a bit more again. I would say that Sarms can cause faster hair loss.
They still have partially androgenic activity. So being on Dutasteride, my DHT should be very low.
However, Sarms have high affinity for the androgen receptor.
So when taking higher doses of Sarms, you might have more adrogenic activity than what the leftover DHT is doing. Only topical anti-androgens that bind the receptor stronger than the Sarm can help in this battle i guess. (purely speculating here, correct me if I'm wrong)

Blood check mid cycle highest dose:
very low Testosterone (as expected)
good cholesterol too low (as expected)

Blood 1 week after cycle:
Testosterone back to normal
good cholesterol better but still too low

Last edited:

RossNolan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Steroids help build muscle mass and increase strength and endurance, but unfortunately, such drugs have many side effects. One of the most common problems that can wait for you after a course of steroids is baldness. This kind of alopecia is called androgenetic alopecia, often occurring in men over fifty. Still, the drugs can greatly accelerate the course of events. Therefore, it is better to take supplements that do not lead to such consequences. For this, you may need to https://paradigmpeptides.com/product/rad-140-testolone/. And if you want to take care of your overall health, you can also add vitamins and omega-3s to your diet.

Last edited: