Hats Dont Cause Hairloss but...

G

Stingray said:
And it's my pleasure to serve the country.
And by making gas so expensive as to raise inflation, by riling up a terrorist movement that didn't exist in Iraq before the war, by perpetuating what has now obviously become an unjust cause--you're serving your country how?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Stingray said:
Most of us in the service feel the same way. But I make my money the only way I can right now... and unfortunately, Iraq is the place where the money is to be made in my near future.

And it's my pleasure to serve the country.

Glad to see your happy to be a pawn in someone else's chess game, but i guess you see it differently to me. What do you get from being in the army? Why did you join.

Stingray

Reaction score
Remember that when you need us, Nate.

And I joined because I agree with what we're doing. And none of you pussies would do the same. Someone's gotta do the job.

And, Ironically, fuel is my JOB in the army. You should see how much of it I waste.

All this anti-military. Imagine if something went on that you think we should fix, but we don't.

You fuckers would complain still.

If it doesn't directly benefit you, then it's obviously wrong. God bless America.

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, let's be real, who's in the military and who's on the homefront? Huh? Let's cut Stingray some MAJOR slack and show respect where respect is due!!! I wonder how many of us would be talking and ranting like we do if we had NO CHOICE but to be in Stingray's shoes?

If we can't walk a mile in another's shoes or sandles then we have NO BUSINESS BSing about how they should walk etc.

Stingray, thanks for daring to live your life in light of honor and integrity!!!

SE-freak

Reaction score
Stingray said:
And none of you pussies would do the same. Someone's gotta do the job.

Indeed. Someone has to keep the war running, a war that started "due to chemical weapons" and keeps going when obviously there aren't any. You didn't even bother "planting" some. Always poking your noses where you have no job. Crusaders that liberate from tyranny. Right?

Besides being a "pussy"or not, there is always choice. Having made yours does not mean you aren't a pussy or the rest of us are. I would not kill to bring more $ to my family- I would kill to defend it. Your wars were always bussiness. If someone has to do a job, he can choose what that job is. I hope that doesnt make your reality fall appart. Sorry.

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that is an unfair statment to make about how you "would not kill to bring more $ to my family- I would kill to defend it." If the tables were turned and you were in Stingray's place, would you appreciate such a statement? So do you think that Stingray is where he's at to bring more money in for his family?! Your idea is noxious!!!

SE-freak

Reaction score
TheBaldingMenace said:
I think that is an unfair statment to make about how you "would not kill to bring more $ to my family- I would kill to defend it." If the tables were turned and you were in Stingray's place, would you appreciate such a statement? So do you think that Stingray is where he's at to bring more money in for his family?! Your idea is noxious!!!

I guess my poor English did the trick. This is a comment on U.S. policy and not on Stingray's motives.

Stingray

Reaction score
I don't condemn your choice to NOT join the military... so don't berate mine. I'm no pawn. I don't HAVE to do something if I don't want to do it. If I believe it's wrong, I'll spend time in the brigg for insubordination.

G

Stingray said:
Remember that when you need us, Nate.
K. When will that be, do you think?
Stingray said:
And I joined because I agree with what we're doing.
Fair enough. Next time read a newspaper/book/go to college before you join in on an unjust war.
Stingray said:
And none of you pussies would do the same.
Don't know about being a pussy--you're the one who requires uniformity to form an identity. That speaks more ill of your character than it does our bravery or lack of it. At this point Bush's popularity is at an all time low and Republicans are sweating congressional elections 14 months out. I guess my point is: if we're pussies for resenting you, then at least there's a majority of Americans keeping us company.
Stingray said:
Someone's gotta do the job.
And what job is that? You mean, someone has to pick up the pieces of a broken country, and that someone is the country who broke it?
Stingray said:
And, Ironically, fuel is my JOB in the army. You should see how much of it I waste.
Neat! A patriot who brags about funding terrorists! The above quoted comment is sadly emblematic of why the US is perceived as the biggest dumb-*** of countries. Only a US soldier would brag about wasting the commodity that is at the root of the problem he's purportedly fighting to solve.
Stingray said:
All this anti-military. Imagine if something went on that you think we should fix, but we don't. You fuckers would complain still.
Right, good call. Like an increasingly hostile/nuclear North Korea? Like continuing genocide in Darfur? Like starvation in Nigeria? Yeah, you're right, I've got lots of complaints.
Stingray said:
If it doesn't directly benefit you, then it's obviously wrong. God bless America.
Well, if it directly harms me and my country, then that bothers me more than any lack of immediate profit. I would say helping Al Qaeda recruit, driving up gas prices to insane heights, senselessly ripping apart American families and communities definitely isn't directly benefitng myself, or any other American I know. And I haven't even mentioned the tens of thousands of Iraqis that continue to experience death at exponentially greater rates than the US because of this war.

I'm sorry if you felt fighting in the army was the only useful thing you felt you could do. But it was still your choice. The fact that you went into it with blind ideological fervor was your fault--try and learn from this for next time around.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Just curious - does wearing a hat cause hairloss?

:hairy:

G

Alopecia-Nate - STFU moron, you dont have a f*****g clue what you're talking about. This topic is about whether my hat wearing is speeding up my shedding or not. Go spread your tree-hugging, anti-American filth somewhere else you twat.

G

draevin said:
Alopecia-Nate - STFU moron, you dont have a f*****g clue what you're talking about. This topic is about whether my hat wearing is speeding up my shedding or not. Go spread your tree-hugging, anti-American filth somewhere else you twat.
I am now regretting my defense of this newbie...

One question: what did the U in that acronym stand for?

G

Alopecia-Nate said:

And I am now regretting bitching at a brave American soldier.

Alopecia-Nate said:

STFU = Shut the f*** up. :wink:

G

draevin said:
Alopecia-Nate said:

[quote="Alopecia-Nate":4cdd4]

STFU = Shut the f*** up. :wink:[/quote:4cdd4]
LMBYSWTPOS--PYMWYMIOSU.

G

Alopecia-Nate said:
draevin said:
[quote="Alopecia-Nate":08b88]I am now regretting my defense of this newbie...

[quote="Alopecia-Nate":08b88]

STFU = Shut the f*** up. :wink:[/quote:08b88]
LMBYSWTPOS--PYMWYMIOSU.[/quote:08b88]

No thanks, Im heterosexual. And who said I was white? :D

G

draevin said:
Alopecia-Nate said:
draevin said:
[quote="Alopecia-Nate":06380]I am now regretting my defense of this newbie...

[quote="Alopecia-Nate":06380]

STFU = Shut the f*** up. :wink:
LMBYSWTPOS--PYMWYMIOSU.[/quote:06380]

No thanks, Im heterosexual. And who said I was white? :D[/quote:06380]
True, true--though I'm not yet convinced of your sexual orientation.

PS: I'm also not convinced you've deciphered the second acronym.

G

You're right I havent. All I have is

Put your mouth where your ____

Stingray

Reaction score
Put your money where your mouth is or shut up.

And by the way. I was making near 70 grand a year as a civilian. I had no necessity to join.

And if you think I'm blind, the phrase "...the pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind. I'm as educated as you are, or you are as blind as I am. Maybe if you saw things from the inside, you'd understand our motives. The ulterior motive IS to get the oil out of the control of the arab nations. Oil is the foundation of the worlds prosperity and 99% of all economic structures both macro and micro. These wackos are driving up prices, not our companies. We don't have a choice but to buy oil from them because you liberal nutjobs don't want to isolate ourselves by drilling at home. "Alternative energy" is too far out to just stop being dependant on oil, so we need a source that doesn't involve funding terrorists. We aren't buying it from hadji because we want to, we're doing it because you tree hugging yahoos won't give us an alternative. ANWAR for example...

Cut the main source of income from the terrorist harboring nations... and by atrition, we'll complete our mission.

And I support your right to an opinion. No matter how skewed it is =)

G

Stingray said:
And by the way. I was making near 70 grand a year as a civilian.
Damn. What did you do?
Stingray said:
Oil is the foundation of the worlds prosperity and 99% of all economic structures both macro and micro.
Not for long.
Stingray said:
These wackos are driving up prices, not our companies.
I would say the US government AND the companies can share some of the blame on this one.
Stingray said:
We don't have a choice but to buy oil from them because you liberal nutjobs don't want to isolate ourselves by drilling at home.
We don't have enough oil to only drill at home.
Stingray said:
"Alternative energy" is too far out to just stop being dependant on oil,
True--but oil from any source won't last long, not at reasonable prices it won't. So someone ought to tell Bush he should put a little more effort into researching/building these alternate energy sources, especially for vehicles. The science is there, but Bush won't throw any significant backing behind it while the oil companies are jerking him off.
Stingray said:
We aren't buying it from hadji because we want to, we're doing it because you tree hugging yahoos won't give us an alternative. ANWAR for example...
Oh, please. The ANWAR project would provide a couple years of oil, not significantly increase the supply, and destroy a pristiine wilderness. It's such a sh*t deal that the oil companies aren't even lobbying Bush to go through with it; as of yet they've expressed little to no interest in the project. Bush is only pushing for it to prove where he stands on energy, to make a statement to his biggest political backers, and to prove a point: the tree huggers aren't getting their way on his watch.

[/quote]