Hasson & Wong Says No To Minoxidil, Be Shaky Now.

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Iam 25 and on my way to NW5 but stopped Hairloss with Finasterid 1,25mg daily.

I want to get a Hairtransplant by one of the top doctors. So I consulted Dr.Wong and told them about my Hair Loss and Medicaments.

They told me to stop with Minoxidil:
" They recommend you continue to take Finasteride but don’t feel the Minoxidil is as effective and would not recommend continuing it’s use. It may in fact do more long term harm than good."

Iam very unsure now , what to do, guys here tell me to start with minoxidil and one of the top doctors tell me to stop it .

Can you please tell me what do to now?
(Added a picture of my status if it helps)

Thank you in advance! =)

Attachments

• IMG_040417_063934.jpg
    IMG_040417_063934.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,374

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think it would necessarily hurt in your case seeing your hair...Might as well try it out. Everyone reacts differently to treatments, never know you could respond well.

resu

Reaction score
I would risk saying you've already hit your final Norwood for the next decades, your only option is to get an hair transplant to cover the landing strip and do a faux hawk combover.

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would risk saying you've already hit your final Norwood for the next decades, your only option is to get an hair transplant to cover the landing strip and do a faux hawk combover.
Man I guess if this is true and I think with my finasteride treatment, that would be great because that means, that a Hair Transplant works for me ;)

they told you that minoxidil worsen hairloss ?
Yep, this is the original pharse from their email....

Very unsure about it

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
devop911 ; can you send me the mail they send you plz . to see what they said exactly . thx

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if we're understanding the context of this correctly. Strange that one of the top renowned surgeons would be discouraging the use of a treatment most every other top surgeon recommends lifetime use of.

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This i got from Joe Tillman (former worked for Hasson & Wong) on my question why they dont recommend it:
"
Hi,

Thanks for the email. It's a mistake to stop using minoxidil if you've been using it for a while. I usually don't recommend that people start it because it isn't AS effective as finasteride but when people have already been taking it then it's not a good idea to stop. H&W doesn't want you on it for your procedure because they feel it makes patients bleed too much which makes grafts pop out more during the surgery, which means the surgery takes longer. Were you recommended strip or FUE?"

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This i got from Joe Tillman (former worked for Hasson & Wong) on my question why they dont recommend it:
"
Hi,

Thanks for the email. It's a mistake to stop using minoxidil if you've been using it for a while. I usually don't recommend that people start it because it isn't AS effective as finasteride but when people have already been taking it then it's not a good idea to stop. H&W doesn't want you on it for your procedure because they feel it makes patients bleed too much which makes grafts pop out more during the surgery, which means the surgery takes longer. Were you recommended strip or FUE?"

That sounds like it makes sense as far as not taking it around the time of the procedure. But this: "I usually don't recommend that people start it because it isn't AS effective as finasteride" makes no sense at all. It's like saying someone should eat oranges, but not lettuce, because lettuce isn't AS beneficial as oranges. In fact a person can have one, the other, or for maximum impact, both...

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I agree with you. Doesn't makes sense to me at all, too.
I guess i will do the same thing which helps the most guys here.
Iam going to take finasteride 1,25mg + 5% minoxidil 2 times daily.

As Iam very clear about my bad status I just want to know one thing, which would be very helpfull for my plannings.
As the front thined out over last 5 Years iam very sure I cant grow anything in this area but I dont care.

The Masterplan is still taking a Hair Transplant which will helps me to go trough this life with my head high.
The Problem here: Doctors a very sure that they will able to rebuild the Hairline and the front but they're unsure about the vertex(crown).

As I guess my crown isn't that bad and balding since the last two years it would be very helpfull to regrwoth the hair in this area. I still cann see some very miniturazied hair there.

So in your honest opinion guys, ive ill take the treatment serious and consequent, is there a slightly good result in the crown area possible?

I also add a picture where you can see more of the little hair.

I would like to know your truthful opinion which works for the common guys, not that special cases which are very rare.

Thanks to everyone, giving attention to this case =)

Attachments

• WP_20170202_22_41_50_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170202_22_41_50_Pro.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 721

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

how does someone can it a final norwood for next decade and start to lose hair again. isnt he going to continue progressing from norwood 5 into 6 and 7 progressively

Okk6281

My Regimen
Reaction score
The science behind Monoxidil is that it makes your circulation faster,especially around your head which in turn may cause hair length growth.
The downside of using monoxidil is that it causes a faster blood flow which in turn makes your heart pump faster, so monoxidil is not very safe for people who have heart problems or whos heart beats too fast.
Another downside is that monoxidil inst universal and wont help with all alopecias, like traction,hormonal,chemical alopecia for example.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

he did not hit it at all, the ''hole'' could expand way more than that