hasson and wong

teerak

Reaction score
Hello could someone please assist me . I am considering a hair transplant through Hasson and Wong in Canada or America . Have provided some photos and would appreciate some comments on the best approach to take and how many hairs would be required to possibly fill the front section and maintain a normal looking crown section but the main emphasis would be on the front to mid section . Regards Grant

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 743
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 489
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 544
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 787

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
Hasson and Wong offer FUT mega sessions. I would take advantage of this and go for one big procedure. Minimum of 4000 grafts in my opinion.

teerak

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Jimmy , Thats good news because I thought I would require at least 7000 grafts to achieve an acceptable result . Hasson and Wong have a very good reputation and their work is impressive . The megasession sounds like a good idea and more practical .
thankyou Grant

shookwun

Reaction score
you'll need both FUT, and FUE to get a desirable result.

Literally need 5000+ grafts

teerak

Reaction score
yes i thought so thanks for the advice . have been doing some research over the last few weeks and hasson and wong are my preferred choice . they are more expensive than most other practices but the quality and detail of their work is impressive . i have seen photos from other clinics and patients and whilst some have achieved good results there are some ordinary results as well but this would be dependent on a host of things .

the result I am trying to achieve is some dense packing around the front region to achieve a natural looking hairline over time which might extend back towards the crown but the main focus is on creating a good frontal section that extends back and if the crown section is a bit bald or thin that would be ok . I was reading a post today by someone who wanted to achieve total coverage on 4000 grafts and the result was fair it looked like the frontal hairline was very thin and spaced out and even after six mths of growth it looked patchy might be a result of wanting to achieve too much coverage for too little grafts . this is something i wanted to avoid and i guess it might be more preferable to concentrate a dense packing at the frontal section and then as we move back gradually the numbers might decrease as we work back towards the crown . not sure the best approach but i factored in between 6000 - 7000 grafts do you think this would be sufficient . i think it costs 16k for 4000 grafts plus an additional 2000 grafts at 3.00 would come to around 22k . would this be in canadian dollars or usd thanks

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yep if you are willing to use concealers, using most of the grafts for hairline would be the way to go

teerak

Reaction score
thanks not familiar with concealers . if they were able to harvest enough from my donor area and if it was suitable and thick enough for them to do so do you think 6000 6500 7000 grafts would be enough based upon my situation to create a natural looking front to mid section . thanks

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of before and afters and I think 7k grafts would be enough for a pretty good result of your hairline/mid section. It won't give you 100% coverage though, and I worry about your donor area. The pictures you included were kind of blurry (and I'm no doctor) but it looks like you don't have a very dense donor area

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Donor looks weak. I'm not sure if hair transplant would be a good route to go.

Go for a consultation and see what they say, be interesting to know.

shookwun

Reaction score
Donor looks weak. I'm not sure if hair transplant would be a good route to go.

Go for a consultation and see what they say, be interesting to know.

Agreed.

Aggressive balder, and by the looks of it the sides, and back are slowly miniaturing and diffusing also. Alot of advanced NW7 seem to share this characteristic.

Most hair transplant surgeons will focus on the front, and add the most there, and gradually work backwards until nothings left.

TBH i don't think you're a good candidate for surgery.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Why travel so far, aren't there any good surgeons in Australia ?

Pemuda

Reaction score
hi
Just a suggestion.
U could consider doing hair stem cells transplantation.
Unlike FUE, Hair stem cells transplantation allows hair to grow back in the donor area.
There is recommended clinic in Jakarta Indonesia (franchise from Netherland)
The name of the clinic is Hair science institute.. u can look it up in their website..
Good luck :)

somitjale

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Jimmy , Thats good news because I thought I would require at least 7000 grafts to achieve an acceptable result . Hasson and Wong have a very good reputation and their work is impressive . The megasession sounds like a good idea and more practical .
thankyou Grant
7000 to 10000 wud be my rough gues dependin on how low a hairline you want.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant guess

teerak

Reaction score
thankyou for your response , i am currently using some hair tonic and will start applying it to the donor area around the base and also along the sides repeating this twice a day . currently not taking any tablets but might consider taking propecia regularly . do you think that regular doses of propecia and regular applications of hair tonic might assist me with strengthening the hair in the donor area over a three to four month time period . thankyou

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
i am currently using some hair tonic and will start applying it to the donor area around the base and also along the sides repeating this twice a day .hair tonic might assist me with strengthening the hair in the donor area over

What is this hair tonic you speak of? Is it minoxidil of some kind?

teerak

Reaction score
yes minoxodil base through ihrb in australia . have just started applying it to the donor area , not quite sure whether this will serve to strengthen the existing hair or whether it will just stabilise things but its worth a try over three months .

teerak

Reaction score
hello just an update : have been using tonic from ihrb sydney : minoxidol based for a period of six weeks so far applying 1.5ml twice a day in an attempt to strengthen up the donor hairs . the top side section appears to have become a little stronger and denser although the lower section appears to be making slow progress as to be expected . do you think that if the top section is showing signs of strengthening would this process be repeated in the lower to mid section over a longer period as the roots absorb and process the nutrients derived from the tonic . my plan is to continue till the end of june which will be 4.5 months . any comments welcome . thanks Picture 014.jpgPicture 010.jpg

teerak

Reaction score
Picture 169.jpgPicture 168.jpg

hello just providing another update : so far it has been about 6 1/2 months since commencing my routine . my plan was to try and thicken up and gain some density and thickness in my donor area . previously my donor area was diffusing and miniaturised so I decided to start with a routine and see if I could improve the situation . the first step was to purchase some dualglen15 hair tonic which was alot cheaper than the previous tonic I was using . the previous tonic was 5% and after doing some research and a bit of reading I decided try the enhanced 15% solution hoping it might make an improvement . doses were 1.5ml morning and evening so that was the first aspect . after that I made up another tonic with almond oil rosemary and fenugreek seeds and applied that during the afternoon as additional tonic - then after that I obtained fish oil and every four hours or so massaged that into my scalp using firm massage and some scalp laxity exercises so this was a pretty regular routine and another thing I incorporated into the routine was lowering my head three times a day to increase blood circulation . its been a very slow process but it appears to be working and even after six months there are small clusters of hair appearing on the scalp that has been bald for six years so I will continue on with the routine and post some photos soon . yesterday I had a buzz cut and the recent photo listed below is from friday . so far the back section of my head has filled in quite nicely with coarse thick hair and i think it is continuing to strengthen - the top sides have also strengthened in density and the hair has become quite coarse in the upper region - lower sides have thickened also but not to the same extent as the top section - it has been suggested that it takes longer to achieve the same level of thickness in the lower regions so I will be patient as the thickness seems to be gradually expanding downwards to that zone .
the top section is also gradually filling out although at this point in time the crown region still appears to be dormant - over the next few weeks once my hair starts growing i will post some more photos .

my plan so far is to continue on with the routine - perhaps after another three or four months i will just monitor things and see how things are progressing . hopefully if my donor area can continue to improve and reach a suitable level i would definitely consider having a hair transplant which leads on to my next question or observation .
there are probably two options that I have considered and not exactly sure which one would be more suitable - restoring the frontal hairline section - there is quite alot of area to fill in and this would be dependent upon the coarseness and spread of the donor area so hopefully in a few months if things continue to improve it would be interesting to see if my donor area improved and was sufficient in thickness and spread to cover the front area - could someone provide with me with a rough estimate on how many hairs may be required to do a full frontal hairline restoration and also an approximate cost - the second scenario I was considering was just ( expanding or strengthening ) the tuft of frontal hair but I think this might not come up as well with the full hairline restoration being a better decision providing my donor area can host it . any advice appreciated

shookwun

Reaction score
They will emphasis most grafts on the front and gradually work back with reminder

Rogaine is rubbish. As long as you're on finasteride then your good to go bro