Hasson And Wong Or Rahal? Any Suggestions?

shookwun

Reaction score
This post shook me a bit.

Confirming if he is gone or not...
On rahal website it doesn't list Mike anymore. Some chick is now the lead hand

shookwun

Reaction score
He is still lead for FUE.

Not for FUT.
Back in Jan he did my extractions for fue. Rahal doe the incesision for graft placement. Techs plug it in

dr. cole

Reaction score
Most of the patients, who go to Dr. Rahal and Drs. Hasson and Wong are happy campers. Mike does the extractions for Dr. Rahal. He is very professional and hard working. Mike is not a physician. I don't know Dogonay's work. Dr. Erdogan is very detailed in his approach, and his staff is professional. I just don't like the idea of assistants doing the work. I saw a patient this past week, who had a poor yield on 1900 plus grafts. He chose a top surgeon, who uses others to do the extractions. His result underscores the danger of going to places where the doctor is not in control. He went because the clinic had a history of excellent results, but when he showed up, the assistant had left, and the patient had his procedure performed by a novice. That's the risk of going where assistants do the work. Your donor area is finite. You can't replace it. If you extract over 1900 grafts, and many do not grow due to poor technique, you will never get this hair back. It's gone for good. The average donor area has between 5000 and 7000 grafts. Poor donor areas may yield 3500 grafts, and significant donor areas may generate 10,000 grafts. That's it! The patient I evaluated was going to loose his entire top and move to an Norwood 5 or 6. I know because I checked his CST in the donor and the whole recipient area (front, top, and crown). When the CST is lower in all regions of the receiving area than in the donor area, you can bet you are going to lose the entire top over time. Even though my consult was scheduled for a procedure the next day, I discouraged him from surgery, and he elected not to proceed. When you lose the entire recipient area, you are going to loose 12,000 to over 25,000 follicular units. The average donor area has only 15,200 follicular units in the donor area. We can take about 1/2. When the hair is fine, we can take less. When the hair is coarse, we can take more. When there are more follicular units, we can take more. When there are fewer follicular units, we can take less. So you see, we must first perform the diagnostics and then make a decision on what to do and what to recommend.

Be careful of recommended sites. I've been on all of them, and now I choose not to be on any of them. When you pay a monthly fee, these sites recommend you. When you don't pay, these sites do not encourage patients to go to a clinic. The thought of making more money promotes these sites to support more physicians. Frankly, I would not let many of these recommended doctors touch my scalp. None of these recommending sites visit private clinics to assess the approach to the patient. In other words, the overall tone of the internet is a better assessment of what you might expect than any website that recommends physicians for a fee.

Yes, I am the real Doctor Cole. Yes, Arfy had a great result from the procedure I recommend, which was a plug redistribution or the debulking of unnatural larger plug grafts. Yes, he did have an unfortunate result from a process I did not recommend, body hair. That's body hair in general. Only beard hair is consistent. Other forms of body hair grow well in only 25% of patients. However, when body hair grew well, body hair grew exceptionally well. We just could not predict the results no matter how hard we worked to acheive great results and harvest superior grafts.

Z500

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was also quoted 20k for a 2500 FUE hair transplant from Dr. Rahal. I haven't booked yet, but am very close and hope that Dr. Rahal is involved with the procedure or else I would just go to Turkey. I will also not be taking finasteride after the procedure, just minoxidil, but I am only willing to pay 20k because he's known for good hairlines, and after that, I don't care where I get it done because the hairline is where the art takes place.

shookwun

Reaction score
The technicians plug the grafts in
Mike does the extractions
Rahal does the incisions for graft placement

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seems strange that the good Doctor doesn't do all the work for the prices he charges....