Has your life changed as a result of your hair?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
PersonGuy said:
All in all people can say it's a confidence issue, but I disagree.  It's not like when I had all my hair I was surrounded by a cloud of confidence that people found irresistable and now all of a sudden the cloud's gone.
Yeah but maybe it can make a person with a normal level of confidence become a insecure person. :dunno:
Absolutely I agree, I don't know if I phrased what I said properly.  I meant to say that some people say that girls are reluctant to talk to a guy with hairloss because now he lacks confidence and it has more to do with that than the actual hairloss.  Which I think is bullshit.  I think most people look better with hair and so it's not so much the new found lack of confidence that makes the person less approachable it's actually the hairloss.  Which I really really hate to say because I'm in the same boat as everyone else here.

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
If a guy carries himself properly and finds a look that works for him, people won;t even notice he;s bald.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
30_going_on_60 said:
If a guy carries himself properly and finds a look that works for him, people won;t even notice he;s bald.
that only works if you have minor hair loss/thinning dude

when you have a giant bald spot at he back of your head, how do you expect people not to notice?

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
I avoid swimming a lot, especially with friends. I just make up excuses why i cant get in the water. Really annoys me. Its also causes me to avoid many social situations if im having a bad hair day.

I go through the same exact thing. Water is a killer for my style. The other day a girl suggested to me that I should gel and spike my hair so I had to make a stupid excuse that the style doesn't suit me blah blah blah...... but the reality is that if I had a wet style it would just show my balding so I have to stick to dry hair. Sucks but theres nothing I can do.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Yeah me too! Sometimes if I dont feel like doing my hair I just push it all forward especially around the temples. It looks fairly normal but I just look like a geek. Ive actually had some girlfriends say "ahh you need to push your hair up" they then proceed to try to push it up with there hands, and im like "whoaaa, no one touches the hair babe" :nono:

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Yeah me too! Sometimes if I dont feel like doing my hair I just push it all forward especially around the temples. It looks fairly normal but I just look like a geek. Ive actually had some girlfriends say "ahh you need to push your hair up" they then proceed to try to push it up with there hands, and im like "whoaaa, no one touches the hair babe" :nono:

Wow what a coincidence, last week this girl in my class suggested I should push it back and spike it and even started to touch my hair and I did the exact same thing, I moved my head away in an expression of 'please leave me alone'....It sucks man it really does, but what can you do. We are doomed to conceal and do treatments.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
metalheaddude said:

Wow what a coincidence, last week this girl in my class suggested I should push it back and spike it and even started to touch my hair and I did the exact same thing, I moved my head away in an expression of 'please leave me alone'....It sucks man it really does, but what can you do. We are doomed to conceal and do treatments.

Ahhhh I know! How frustrating is it...I love the feeling of people playing with my hair, especially a girlfriend, I would love for them to run there hands through my hair and push my fringe up without fear, but it just cant be done, it just cant :(

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Nathaniel said:
metalheaddude said:

Ahhhh I know! How frustrating is it...I love the feeling of people playing with my hair, especially a girlfriend, I would love for them to run there hands through my hair and push my fringe up without fear, but it just cant be done, it just cant :(

ahh those were the days. When I get out of the shower and a girl could just run her fingers through my hair. Maybe one day again.

satch5150

Reaction score
yeah same boat here... if girl would approach my hair and discovered the minoxidil flakes ughhhhhh :lost:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm way past the point of concealment, which is a mixed bag. I don't have enough hair on top to feel inclined to resort to deceptive comb-overs or concealments, which is actually quite liberating. I buzz mine on 0, but don't go all the way down to the skin with a bic- it's a clean, no maintenance look (one less thing to worry about).Fortunately, I've got a decent shaped head for that look and overall I'm not a bad looking guy.On the flip-side, there is no mistaking or fooling anyone-I'm BALD!and have to deal with the social repercussions of that on a daily basis. What you see is what you get, and if you don't like it, thats your problem. Just know that I have little to no control over my male pattern baldness (it's genetic) and I am living with it the best way I can- which takes a great deal of personal strength. So instead of making fun of me and people like me, try to have a little sympathy and understanding for the situation. I know posters don't like to show pics of themselves for the sake of anonymity or fear of embarrassment, but I'm posting a recent self-portrait. Don't think that because this is a drawing and not a photograph that I am trying to bend the truth in my favor-this is what I look like.

Attachments

• self portrait1.jpg
    self portrait1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 518

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Did you draw that? Thats quite impressive. If that is indeed you have a great look for the shaved look . I just couldnt pull that off.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
HAHHA!! It's like an effin police sketch artist drawing.