Has This Stopped My Genetic Hair Loss ?

azureusi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Male-26

Fecal Microbiota Transplantation(FMT from now on) is basically a poop transplants. You take poop from a healthy donor and insert it into your colon through various techniques (I had it done at a clinic using an enema). Google it for more information.

Alright, I haven't had to deal with hair loss for like a year now and I cant attribute it to anything else but FMT. I had a FMT done 2 years ago because of an irritable bowl syndrome and some other gastro issues. FMT completely cleared gastro issues I had since I was 22.. so it worked perfectly for that.

I would also like to point out that none of my doctors recommended this for my stomach issues. I only found out about this technique trough a friend of my fathers. And I am lucky to be able to afford it since its not covered by insurance...

FMT + Hair loss:

The unintended consequence of FMT was that I stopped shedding hair almost instantly after the poop transplant. It took like a year for the hair to start looking healthy however.

Another thing that is surprising is that my hair loss began at 16-17 and not at 23 when my stomach issues began... and both my uncle and my father are bald so I just assumed my balding is the expression of my genes.
I tried to found research on this, however, hair loss and FMT is only mentioned with alopecia areata and not male pattern baldness. I don't really deal with balding now (maybe dealing with a mediocre hairline and slight thinned hair from 5 years of hairloss). However, I thought this might be an interesting topic for this thread or helpful to somebody.