Has Harrison Ford had work on his hair??

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
By "manufactured" i mean a transplanted, straight, wall-like hairline. As with most transplant patients, it's doubtful that a NW1 is possible.

bubka

Reaction score
i hate these threads, but that guy has had a hair transplant, he has the same look "manufactured" like Tom Arnold

G

hairwegoagain said:
By "manufactured" i mean a transplanted, straight, wall-like hairline. As with most transplant patients, it's doubtful that a NW1 is possible.

He has a Norwood or close to it. Maybe Norwood 1.5

NW1 is possible if you're NW3 or below and want to use all your donor hair.

WHy do you think he's not close to a NW1? He does have a straight wall like hairline characteristic of a NW1.

CCS

Reaction score
why you hate them bubka? think we're picking on celebs? I think this is a very important topic for guys who plan on getting an hair transplant. We need to figure out why it is manufactured looking and what we can do so ours is not.

I have a bit of a V in mine. About a 1cm difference between the corners and the peak. I want to lower the corners a bit, but don't want to have a flat look. The interesting thing about slicing a circle with a plane is if I look straight at myself in the mirror, I see the M, but if I put my nose up a bit and then look, it looks flat. Now if I bring down the corners down, it will look flat to men my height, but higher in the center to women shorter than me.

I want to look natural, but I also want to look like I don't have male pattern baldness. So I'm trying to find where to put it. A flatter hair line does look more natural if it is low, which I have in my advantage. I'll measure Harrison's to see how high his is compared to mine and gauge if mine will look as bad as his.

bubka

Reaction score
no, i just "hate" talking about other guys hairlines, like a give a rats ***, just to a google image search on the guy

http://images.google.com/images?hair loss=en&q ... a=N&tab=wi

enough said

G

JayMan said:
hairwegoagain said:

WHy do you think he's not close to a NW1? He does have a straight wall like hairline characteristic of a NW1.

Whoa whoa whoa. I think everyone is confused. I think hairwegoagain is saying that the guy was past even Norwood 3 and had a transplant to get it to a brick wall Norwood 3. Jayman, you are saying he is naturally a NW3 and he can go to a Norwood 1. Right?

G

badasshairday said:
JayMan said:
hairwegoagain said:

Whoa whoa whoa. I think everyone is confused. I think hairwegoagain is saying that the guy was past even Norwood 3 and had a transplant to get it to a brick wall Norwood 3. Jayman, you are saying he is naturally a NW3 and he can go to a Norwood 1. Right?

that's right, that's what i'm saying. i think he's a Norwood 1-1.5 right now:

harrison5.jpg

That's not even an NW2. He was a NW3 in Star Wars, maybe.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
gauge if mine will look as bad as his.

why does his look bad? i like that look. i would love to have a walled off hairline/temples he does, instead of my v shaped one:

buzz012mt4.th.jpg

yuck. i did rassman's test to determine where my juvenile hairline is by looking at the highest wrinkle on my forehead when ir aise my eyebrows, and my temples have receded 1/5th of an inch and 1/4th of an inch, and my center has receded 1/5th of an inch from my juvenile hairline.

CCS

Reaction score
I think ford is a nw1.5. I think he hit 2.5 at his worst.

yeah, some NW1's have a bit of a V, others don't. And it depends on the viewing angle too.

G

I think ford is a nw1.5. I think he hit 2.5 at his worst.

yeah, some NW1's have a bit of a V, others don't. And it depends on the viewing angle too.

v is just a widow's peak right?

it's just a genetic trait. some people who bald never had it, some people who never get worse than NW2 still have the v shape.

CCS

Reaction score
Some guys with a hair line lower than a NW1 have the V.

G

Some guys with a hair line lower than a NW1 have the V. My sister's boyfriend does. His hairline is very low, and his face got a 9.5 on hotornot, with most of his votes 8 or above.

how low is a nw1 hairline?

my center is 2.25 inches above the middle of my eyebrows, with the temples being 2.50 inches above the eyebrows. is this high, low, or medium?

CCS

Reaction score
G

Look at this guy for example:
http://thumbsnap.com/v/XGe0zE6I.jpg
How high do you think his hair line is?

1.75 inches I'd say. About a half an inch lower than mine. Very few 15 year olds even have a hairline that low. I never had a hairline that low in my entire life, even as a child. He's like a Norwood 0.5 lol.

i don't think you can go by hairline location all the time to diagnosed norwoods. i know plenty of guys with hairlines higher than mine, say 2.6 inches above eyebrows, but they are not receding at all. they just have mature hairlines.

powersam

Reaction score
im not gonna read this whole thread, as these celeb hair loss things are usually a bit silly. now onto being a total hypocrite.

i just watched rocky (the first one) again and i swear stallones hair was thinning back then. yet still he has perfect hair now. we either need a conspiracy thread, or for one of us to become a movie star and find out what it is they get for their hair. though its probably just an ultra quality hair system.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Some people just have naturally high foreheads. There are plenty of children and women that are at least nw2. Just because your hairline does'nt start an inch and a half above your eyebrows like some neanderthal looking types (I've seen lower than in CCS's pic above) it does'nt have to mean that you are going bald. I've never had a nw1 ever.

Also If you can't spot Stallones obvious hair system you should be ashamed.

G

s.a.f said:
Some people just have naturally high foreheads. There are plenty of children and women that are at least nw2. Just because your hairline does'nt start an inch and a half above your eyebrows like some neanderthal looking types (I've seen lower than in CCS's pic above) it does'nt have to mean that you are going bald. I've never had a nw1 ever.

Also If you can't spot Stallones obvious hair system you should be ashamed.

I think anyone without temple recession, no matter how high their hairline naturally is, and assuming no transplant work, is an NW1. why am i wrong?

CCS

Reaction score
like vince vaun?

Yeah, I've seen guys with hair lines half as high as that guy, but they had ugly faces.

G

like vince vaun?

Yeah, I've seen guys with hair lines half as high as that guy, but they had ugly faces.

yeah vince vaughn is still a nw1 i think. he just has a very high hairline. and it doesn't make him unattractive. i think people with ridiculously low ones look really weird. i think 2.25 inches above the centrer of the eyebrows, where mine is, is really a fine location. what's the point of having it 1.75 inches above? i mean if you're born that way fine, but to put it there on purpose? you can barely see any forehead then. the person likes a caveman. that guy whose picture you posted with the low hairline would look more attractive if his hairline was half an inch higher.