Has hair loss made you bitter?

question7

Reaction score
I know the question is very vague and general, but do you guys think it has?\

I sometimes find myself having an initial reaction of dislike when ever I see the alpha male in the hall ways at school.

I'm 5'8 and going bald. These guys are 6'2 with a head of hair worth admiration.

In general though, I see guys on the way to school and laugh at the different perspective some people might have in regards to their hairline. Some guys have a nice, thick, full head of hair and probably don't think a whole lot of it, where as I am getting thinner and receding and I often become jealous of such hairlines.

Overall I don't like the way I'm beginning to think as I get older and become more aware of my genetically imposed short comings. I think I've finally recovered from my horrible minoxidil shed so I guess that's something to feel good about.

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score
one of the worst days in my life was realising i was losing my hair, one of the best was realising it was growing back:).

im 31, i will admit i do feel for the guys in teens and early 20s. losing hair at that age does make you lok alot older and i dont blame them for being a little bitter, its a vain world you just have to not let i eat away at you.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 25, losing hair and it f'king sucks. I've got so many things to worry about (money, jobs, relationships etc) and this happens.

mickeyss191

Reaction score
Bitter, no, but jealous definitely. I'm always noticing other guys' hairlines and how straight and thick they are in comparison to mine, and I get so jealous of them. They really don't know how lucky they are. That being said, whenever I get down about it I try to focus on the positives. I think of all the disgusting fat and or ugly people in the world, and how I'm not one of them. Brad Pitt I ain't, but I don't look as bad as they do, with or without hair, and I think that would apply to most of the other guys on this board. I was freaking out the other day when there was a bit of a breeze and it was blowing my carefully placed and sprayed hair, then I noticed this big fat ugly woman crossing the street ahead of me. Absolutely grotesque she was, and I smiled. I ain't that bad.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
U betcha.

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
U betcha.

I only get bitter when people say my problem is my personality. Fact is it is my hair. But I don't hang around people like that. So lately I've been focused on just making money and not worrying about my hair. I've learned that if I accept that women don't want me, then I don't get my hopes up and let them play with my mind. Some of them are deliborately cruel just to get some power or some money.

Reaction score
Is that a picture of you UcMan? If so, you're a handsome guy, and you look good bald. Also...CCS is back!!!!

To answer the question...I wouldn't say so.

CCS

Reaction score
What annoys me is it is usually the people who do the rejecting who say looks don't matter. They don't want to admit that they reject based on looks, and they like to say it is our personality that gets us rejected. It is a double stab. But the solution is to not spend your time arguing with idiots until you are blue in the face. Just avoid them and find something else fun to do, and work on your carear. Fact: It is much more fun to be a rich virgin than a poor virgin. Dispite what some people say, money can buy you happiness. The only reasons people say it can't it they don't like what they have to do to get the money, that or they are already old and too sick to even go on a hike.

I read a time magazine article that said an average looking, average earning ($30k per year) person would be equally happy having a hot partner as they would be with an extra $100k of income per year. Since most people on here will never make that much, and would have to do some crazy work to get it which would detract from the fun of the money, that is why most will not be happy with extra money.

But what the article does not point out is that there is probably an equally large jump in happiness from minimum wage up to $15 per hour. Now most can do that. I bet most of the super depressed people on this site make close to minimum wage. The ones who make at least $20 per hour are not suicidal at all.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mickeyss191 said:
Bitter, no, but jealous definitely. I'm always noticing other guys' hairlines and how straight and thick they are in comparison to mine, and I get so jealous of them. They really don't know how lucky they are. That being said, whenever I get down about it I try to focus on the positives. I think of all the disgusting fat and or ugly people in the world, and how I'm not one of them. Brad Pitt I ain't, but I don't look as bad as they do, with or without hair, and I think that would apply to most of the other guys on this board. I was freaking out the other day when there was a bit of a breeze and it was blowing my carefully placed and sprayed hair, then I noticed this big fat ugly woman crossing the street ahead of me. Absolutely grotesque she was, and I smiled. I ain't that bad.

Man, you are worse than a girl who won't date a guy cuase he is bald, as far as looking down on others for their looks.

If a girl makes fun of you for being bald, don't cry about it. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

How do you think that woman would feel if she found out her ugliness and fatness made your day? Remember every woman is some mother's and father's daughter. Nobody is a piece of garbage.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
What annoys me is it is usually the people who do the rejecting who say looks don't matter. They don't want to admit that they reject based on looks, and they like to say it is our personality that gets us rejected. It is a double stab. But the solution is to not spend your time arguing with idiots until you are blue in the face. Just avoid them and find something else fun to do, and work on your carear. Fact: It is much more fun to be a rich virgin than a poor virgin. Dispite what some people say, money can buy you happiness. The only reasons people say it can't it they don't like what they have to do to get the money, that or they are already old and too sick to even go on a hike.

I read a time magazine article that said an average looking, average earning ($30k per year) person would be equally happy having a hot partner as they would be with an extra $100k of income per year. Since most people on here will never make that much, and would have to do some crazy work to get it which would detract from the fun of the money, that is why most will not be happy with extra money.

But what the article does not point out is that there is probably an equally large jump in happiness from minimum wage up to $15 per hour. Now most can do that. I bet most of the super depressed people on this site make close to minimum wage. The ones who make at least $20 per hour are not suicidal at all.

Good post.

In my previous job I earned almost double what I earn now (major cutbacks in current firm this past 2 years) and I think I was twice as happy, theres no question that money buys you happiness, the first week or two after payday beats the last week before payday in every way, only one reason why.

I never looked at my account when in my old job, if I wanted something I bought it (within reason), now I'm constantly checking my balance on my phone.

I'm sure if you asked people on here if they would prefer 100k a year extra or a full head of hair, they'd take the cash everytime.

Infact if you had that kind of money coming in, at any age, then a better class of women wouldnt be an issue no matter how bald you were (sadly!)

End_Game

Reaction score
CCS said:
What annoys me is it is usually the people who do the rejecting who say looks don't matter. They don't want to admit that they reject based on looks, and they like to say it is our personality that gets us rejected. It is a double stab.

People are very sneaky like that, esp women. Women will ALWAYS say it's personality, but let's be real about this, how picky are they, or even most people, about personality anyway? Most of us don't even live in cultures that value personality that highly. not outside of a collection of superficial traits.

I'm not going to get all self righteous here, but out of most people i know, or have known, i honestly believe i'm one of the few that does care a lot about personality, because i have rejected good looking women on the grounds that they were either A)not smart enough B)Not cultured enough, or C)not interesting enough. I've chosen plain over 'pretty', but even since my recending hairline became noticeable, a plain woman is just as likely to dimiss as a pretty one.

My take on baldness is this. The idea that we have to go for 'less attractive' women is a mistake. That is what most dudes tell you. 'settle for a plain or ugly' girl. that is NOT the solution, because most women desire a man with a full head of hair regardless of whether they are hot or not. So my take on this issue is, since most women are likely to reject you, or at least not be as 'receptive' initially, based on this fact alone, that means all bets are off. Conventional logic of 'down dating' doesn't really apply here, and could potentially be harmful to a man's self esteem.

Keep your standards high.