Has finasteride reduced your sex drive or given you any ED at all?

jd_uk

Reaction score
Just wondering what the numbers are for people on here...

Oh and have you had regrowth with it?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
I went straight to dutasteride which is a more potent version of finasteride, imo it's better and more effective, I've had minor nipple tenderness on the right side mainly but that went away after a few days and is now completely fine. I doubt I would have got it at all if it had not been for an earlier drug I tried which gave me the same problem but 100x worse and didn't entirely go away afterwards.

As for ED and libido, for the first 2 days I felt, not like I couldn't masturbate, but I had no desire to. By the second day I got fed up of this and tried to, after a little while I got the flag up and flying like usual and since then libido has gone up to normal. If i tried finasteride instead of dutasteride I may not have got these problems at all as finasteride is a weaker, less efficient variant of the same sort of treatment (Anti Androgens).

Finasteride is not for regrowth it is for maintenance, although dutasteride is stronger and you're more likely to regrow on it, it's still primarily for maintenance however, I am on Dutasteride and the PG protocol and I am starting to see black pigmented hairs on my temples. dutasteride is probably going some way to helping them grow.

Agustin please rep me for this blatant shoutout of dutasteride>finasteride. :D

INT

Reaction score
6 weeks on finasteride:
- ED during second week
- doing better @ week 4
-now back at how it was during second week unfortunately.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for about 2 weeks now. It may be too early for me to start my opinion but so far the only thing I have noticed is slight ball ache here and there and a lower sex drive.

DDobler

Established Member
Reaction score
6 weeks on finasteride:
- ED during second week
- doing better @ week 4
-now back at how it was during second week unfortunately.

Well kinda same here.. I am on finasteride for 2 months and a week. noticed a slight reduction in sex drive during first few weeks, then throughout the whole 2nd month was horny as ****,
and now I feel this reduction in sex drive again.. It comes in waves. I hope it stays that way and not becomes something more chronic :X

INT

Reaction score
Well kinda same here.. I am on finasteride for 2 months and a week. noticed a slight reduction in sex drive during first few weeks, then throughout the whole 2nd month was horny as ****,
and now I feel this reduction in sex drive again.. It comes in waves. I hope it stays that way and not becomes something more chronic :X

Let's keep each other updated.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes and yes. My sex drive is low, however, I can still get an erection but I have to force myself, and the erection quality is about 70% of what it used to be.

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on finasteride for 8 months this year and yes it was a struggle to get an erection. I thought it was all in my head but it wasn't. I stopped treatment and got my strong erections back after 3-4 months. No more limp. I was so friggin happy. I would rather lose my hair than my manhood.

Paganitzu

Reaction score
I noticed it 'did' something.

First day a slight ball ache, after which it never returned. This was followed by very, very intense orgasms, which sadly also got back to normal after 1 week.

Currently, after 5 months, nothing as far I'm aware off.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I was on finasteride for 8 months this year and yes it was a struggle to get an erection. I thought it was all in my head but it wasn't. I stopped treatment and got my strong erections back after 3-4 months. No more limp. I was so friggin happy. I would rather lose my hair than my manhood.

Did you lose a lot of hair on stopping?

flewsmcgee

Reaction score
I'll echo what some of the others have said. I've been on finasteride for a little over 2 weeks now and I've noticed no reduction in libido, but maybe a 25% reduction in woody quality. I can still perform just fine, but getting a true rager is more of a struggle. I still get the tingles just as much if not more when I see a hottie on the street though.

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you lose a lot of hair on stopping?

Yes it progressed. I stopped both finasteride/min at the same time. However my hairloss also progressed while I was on finasteride/min so either way I was screwed. I have gotten back on min a few months ago and my crown has filled up again which is good. The front is still receding.

INT

Reaction score
I'll echo what some of the others have said. I've been on finasteride for a little over 2 weeks now and I've noticed no reduction in libido, but maybe a 25% reduction in woody quality. I can still perform just fine, but getting a true rager is more of a struggle. I still get the tingles just as much if not more when I see a hottie on the street though.

Keep us updated, I was in a similair situation one month ago.