Has Exercise(cardio & Muscle Training) Affected Your Hair/hairloss In Any Way?

Alex95

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good, bad or maybe no change? plus on finasteride? Kindly share your thoughts, experiences.

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard it causes accelerated thinning
I have been exercising (cardio + muscle) quite intensively for about 6 months. Can't report anything related to hair.
Theoretically, running should even help, because it improves blood circulation.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well in sense that you will get into better shape, your testosterone will grow, more dht and more hair loss, but that just my private ideas. Same as alcoholic people, homless people usually are alcoholics and that make less testosterone then less dht.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you do a search for any scientific studies? Anecdotal evidence soon to be piled on here is just that and unreliable. That being said, here's my two cents anyway. I've led a very athletic lifestyle from age 21 to 45 and my hairloss paralleled the same pattern chronologically as my father who led a very sedentary life. One thing I thought would be interesting is to investigate whether the increased incidence of obesity in the case of males may have some protective effect in terms of hairloss due to the estrogenic effects of fatty tissue.

abcdefg

Reaction score
It doesnt really matter, but if anything id say its bad. Anything that raises androgens even temporarily is pretty much bad which includes exercise or sex. That being said no one is going to stop because of this, and your stupid to anyways because its so minor its meaningless.
Long term if your hair doesnt agree with DHT your pretty much boned whether you exercise or not. Even though male pattern baldness isnt really caused by DHT its just our best known treatment so far. Its certainly not really caused by DHT.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Keep in mind male pattern baldness is subjective to the degree in which someone balds.

I'm just curious if it could push you further than what you're genetically predisposed to.

Your going to go bald to whatever degree you were genetically determined to be long term. Short term hormone fluctuations arent going to change this. Only drugs can help.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we beat on imaginary or minimally contributing factors far too much. I say this because over the years I've seen many people with sh*t diets, kidney, liver or heart failure, drug addicts, every sort of metabolic insult to their bodies and yet they have hair that most of us on here would kill for. Indeed, genetics rules over any and all.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well in sense that you will get into better shape, your testosterone will grow, more dht and more hair loss, but that just my private ideas. Same as alcoholic people, homless people usually are alcoholics and that make less testosterone then less dht.
You don't need a lot of testosterone to make the same amount of dht as you would have anyways with your natural testosterone levels from what I understand

Although of course, if you suddenly have a lot more testosterone, you will make a lot more dht as evident by hairloss induced by steroids

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is agressive diet?
Any diet that makes you cut a lot of calories under your TDEE. Like 1000 or more. I got telogen effluvium often a crash diet and it certainly worsened my male pattern baldness quite a bit.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I seem to lose hair faster when I do weight bearing activities. Cardio does not make it worse unless I do not wash my hair immediately after running.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I really started losing it, coincidentally or not when I started lifting weights.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your going to go bald to whatever degree you were genetically determined to be long term. Short term hormone fluctuations arent going to change this. Only drugs can help.

True, but it makes a big f*****g difference if you reach your errm...'genetic potential'...at 60 or at 22 as so many young men do nowadays for not completely understood reasons.

One of my grandpas started balding seriously at age 28, but that guy was drafted to the Eastern front at age 16 in 1945, talk about stress. I was never drafted into the frontline of a failing dictatorship, but I'd have lost it completely arround age 23/24 without finasteride.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s an interesting conjecture. I dropped three stone in a short space of time by running heavily (33km per week) and being ultra disciplined with my eating. I should have tapered off but I assumed I would regain the weight so kept up this ridiculous regimen until I was eventually forced to stop. I may have accelerated my hair loss, and I certainly made myself unhappy.