Has Costco Stopped Producing Liquid Minoxidil?

Tosh

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can only find the foam version on their site, which to me is more messy and potentially less effective.

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed that to, as I liked to order my kirkland minoxidil direct from Costco, just cause I'm slightly OCD and there were anecdotal reports going around at some point about people selling counterfeit minoxidil. Didn't seem to be liquid available anymore

I had to buy my last kirkland liquid from a 3rd party company on Amazon

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I noticed that to, as I liked to order my kirkland minoxidil direct from Costco, just cause I'm slightly OCD and there were anecdotal reports going around at some point about people selling counterfeit minoxidil. Didn't seem to be liquid available anymore

I had to buy my last kirkland liquid from a 3rd party company on Amazon

same here. might be time to think about an alternative liquid minoxidil brand. i think cvs sells their own generic version but i think its much closer in price to the rogaine brand, which is much more expensive...

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
same here. might be time to think about an alternative liquid minoxidil brand. i think cvs sells their own generic version but i think its much closer in price to the rogaine brand, which is much more expensive...

Yea walmart's generic makes minoxidil as well which I've used before, but they don't sell a comparable 6 month bundle pack.....nothing will ever beat that kirkland price, but yea, might be time to move on unfortunately :(

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea walmart's generic makes minoxidil as well which I've used before, but they don't sell a comparable 6 month bundle pack.....nothing will ever beat that kirkland price, but yea, might be time to move on unfortunately :(

ya the kirkland price is (was?) incredible. like 5 or 6 times less than rogaine.

so hows the walmart generic? does it seem like the same quality of rogaine/kirkland?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
ya the kirkland price is (was?) incredible. like 5 or 6 times less than rogaine.

so hows the walmart generic? does it seem like the same quality of rogaine/kirkland?

Yea as far as I can tell it's the same exact thing. I think you're pretty safe getting generic from walmart or any well established company

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are all over ebay, legit, that's where I get mine. Usually from monsterhotdeals or radhikadirect. But monsterhotdeals raised the price on them for some reason, now I get it from radhikadirect.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea as far as I can tell it's the same exact thing. I think you're pretty safe getting generic from walmart or any well established company
They are all over ebay, legit, that's where I get mine. Usually from monsterhotdeals or radhikadirect. But monsterhotdeals raised the price on them for some reason, now I get it from radhikadirect.

Most likely legit. It's sold by several resellers on Amazon too which are most likely legit. Hard to be 100% sure when you are buying medication that is not either from a well-known drugstore or directly from the source. In any event it looks like it isn't being made anymore, so finding a good alternate brand is a good idea...

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are seriously scared to buy minoxidil from reputable sellers on Amazon?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You guys are seriously scared to buy minoxidil from reputable sellers on Amazon?

And seriously, how do you determine what a reputable seller is, when buying medication? "CVS" is reputable. "buycheapgooddrugsspecial" with an 89% positive rating using Amazon as a platform to sell their goods may or may not be.

sa57665

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just looked into the brand that koolaidshade linked to above. It's made by Perrigo, the same company that makes Kirkland Minoxidil for Costco. So it should be the same exact formula. It's slightly more expensive than Costco's but it seems to be the best deal out there by far until Costco restocks.

Edit:

Actually it seems like Sam's Club Member's Mark brand is cheaper. It's 16.88 on their website with free shipping. If you're not a Sam's Club member you can still order, you just pay 10% more, which comes out to 18.57 per box.

Last edited:

inmyhead

Reaction score
where do europe guys buy minoxidil?

Also, anyone tried foligain? Maybe my scalp wouldn't flake so much if I moved from kirkland.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
where do europe guys buy minoxidil?

Also, anyone tried foligain? Maybe my scalp wouldn't flake so much if I moved from kirkland.
eBay, plenty of Indian generics are reasonable prices and works great.
brands I tried is tugain 10% and morr-f 10% with 0,1% topical finasteride