HAS AVODART WORKED FOR ANYONE? First no, now YES, with PIC!

stancables

Reaction score
I have been on avodart for 5 months now, and I've doubled the dosage to 1mg a day, and yet, my hair is thinning!!!! In one spot in the front imparticular...there is no hair now...

Enough of this b.s. about avodart causing shedding in the beginning, but to brave through it....

All I have read is a bunch of negative reactions and depressed people taking Avodart

IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS A POSITIVE TESTIMONIAL ON AVODART???

If not, I will quit avodart immediately...I will lose less hair then this just doing propecia.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on me, 2/21/2008

Update on me.

I absolutely am certain that my front hairline has visibly thickened over the past 2 weeks. Now granted, I decided to go back on propecia daily (after having been on it a year, I stopped once I started 0.5mg avodart in september 2007), added Rogaine once a night, and changed Shampoo's from Jason to Nioxin, but I don't think it is any of these three recent additions...I truly believe that the Avodart shed has ended at the 6th month mark, and now I'm home freeeee! The avodart regrowth has kicked in and bringing back the much lost hair that thinned my top out quite noticeably due to the shed .....For being 23 years old, it was very depressing, but I believe I won't lose anymore hair now.

0.5mg avodart once a day (mon - fri)
1mg propecia once a day (all days)
rogaine (once a night after shower)
Nioxin shampoo every 2-3 days in shower

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Re: HAS AVODART WORKED FOR ANYONE??????

Before you start making multiple posts, Mr. Newbie, try using the Search function.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Thebest results with Avodart shown is 2mg a day that is four pills but i would have to wait for the test results on safety before i would go to that dose.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

search skline gtr in success stories & also ajax whilst you're at it...
aplunk1 had success on dutasteride as well...

gt2005

Reaction score

ive been on avodart for 3 years now has maintained my hair still a norwood 2, not really had any shedding or side effects either so all in all quite happy with it only other thing i use is nizoral three times a week.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

at which dosage?

gt2005

Reaction score

one a day 0.5mg do you use it jdw? how you getting on?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Havebeen on it for 5 months... no slowdown in shedding as of yet, have lost a lot of ground... I live in hope :innocent:

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I've been on it for nearly 2 years. I think it's the shizzle for rizzle

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

iamnaked, do you take anything else besides avodart, any topicals?

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I took folligen and spironolactone for awhile. I quit these when I moved. I still use minoxidil.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

yah, ilooked up ur story. congrats on the success. I actually thinking about folligen, did it do you any good?

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Instinctively I would say yes, I did think there was an improvement. Very hard to tell when you're on multiple medications, however. At any rate, I did do some peripheral research concerning copper peptides, and I was convinced by the stuff I read, including testimonials as well as studies.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

yeah, im pretty convinced the stuff has some benefit too, im just worried it may tint my hair green or whatever because my hair is blond. its so cheap though so its tempting to try it.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hey iamnaked, ive got one more question if you happen to read this:

Im going to start taking dutasteride soon and i was wondering whether it had any effect on your skin or not? Did you seem drier for better or for worse or was there no real noticeable effect. Thanks.

stancables

Reaction score

Update on me.

I absolutely am certain that my front hairline has visibly thickened over the past 2 weeks. Now granted, I decided to go back on propecia daily (after having been on it a year, I stopped once I started 0.5mg avodart in september 2007), added Rogaine once a night, and changed Shampoo's from Jason to Nioxin, but I don't think it is any of these three recent additions...I truly believe that the Avodart shed has ended at the 6th month mark, and now I'm home freeeee! The avodart regrowth has kicked in and bringing back the much lost hair that thinned my top out quite noticeably due to the shed .....For being 23 years old, it was very depressing, but I believe I won't lose anymore hair now.

0.5mg avodart once a day (mon - fri)
1mg propecia once a day (all days)
rogaine (once a night after shower)
Nioxin shampoo every 2-3 days in shower

T

Timi

Hello stancables

You have take every day Avodart 0,5mg and every day finasteride???

you lucky with Avo and becomes New Hair

you get today back to finasteride after succes with Avo

Avo have work great for You or?

Is that correct?

Sorry my English is not so good

Timi

stancables

Reaction score

Timi said:
Hello stancables

You have take every day Avodart 0,5mg and every day finasteride???

you lucky with Avo and becomes New Hair

you get today back to finasteride after succes with Avo

Avo have work great for You or?

Is that correct?

Sorry my English is not so good

Timi

Hi Timi.

I started Propecia 1mg in September 2006 and took everyday.

Didn't notice much of anything either way hairwise, but did notice testicle pain every few days for an hour or so at a time, and exhaustion/tiredness

I started Avodart 0.5mg in September 2007 and took everyday, and stopped Propecia.

In December 2007 at month 4 of Avodart, I noticed thinning of hair. Alot. It got worse every day. By January 2008 I had shed alot!

So now in February 2008 I got back on Propecia 1mg just in case Avodart was the devil and only makes you lose hair, and I started Rogaine Foam.

Now 2-3 weeks later, I really see my hair thickening back up. I want to believe the Avodart shed period is over, and is now going to grow hair back in thicker, and new hair too! A small chance maybe it is resuming the propecia and starting the rogaine foam that did the trick.

Whatever it was, I don't care. I will stick with doing these 4 things consistently everyday, until I die!

T

Timi

i understand not

You say Avodart was the devil

but you take Avodart

you mean Avodart was a long time a Devil but than success with it

Your Regime today is??
Avo-finasteride and Foam or?
and what for a Dose?

Timi