Has anyone tried create CosmeRNA? Affects Androgen Recptors

Rumspringa!

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is meant to come out later this year in Europe. Reduces the androgen receptors on follicles so would be a good addition to everyone's stack.

Just wondering if anyone has or is working with a lab to make this now, I would be interested.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
IIRC the results are comparable to finasteride, but it's less effective than dutasteride. I doubt anyone would find it worth the expense or hassle.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MOA is interesting and complementary to that of alpha reductase inhibitors

I don't think it's as effective as monotherapy, but time will tell.

Rumspringa!

My Regimen
Reaction score
IIRC the results are comparable to finasteride, but it's less effective than dutasteride. I doubt anyone would find it worth the expense or hassle.
It works through a different mechanism, so doing both would work synergistically no?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It works through a different mechanism, so doing both would work synergistically no?
It works through the same mechanism basically, inhibiting AR. They just do it in different ways. Stacking won't do a lot of good imo. People who want to stack AR antagonists and 5-ARIs are already using RU or pyrilutamide, bica, etc. This is just a way that may have less side effects than traditional AR antagonists, but not more efficacy.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It works through the same mechanism basically, inhibiting AR. They just do it in different ways. Stacking won't do a lot of good imo. People who want to stack AR antagonists and 5-ARIs are already using RU or pyrilutamide, bica, etc. This is just a way that may have less side effects than traditional AR antagonists, but not more efficacy.
Its once a week so not a hassle anyway

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its once a week so not a hassle anyway
Is it going to show up on your doorstep without doing anything to get it? You can't just order it off Amazon

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
It isn't worth the hassle

I am definitely interested and I'm probably not the only one around these parts. If it works as well as Finasteride (possible) without side effects (this is really the part I'm skeptical about), then it will definitely find its buyers.

What I don't get is how exactly this can be legally classified as a cosmetic. How is this any different than an androgen receptor degrader, somehow altering genetic expression with siRNA is considered harmless yet a protein degrader has to go through years of trials?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I don't get is how exactly this can be legally classified as a cosmetic. How is this any different than an androgen receptor degrader, somehow altering genetic expression with siRNA is considered harmless yet a protein degrader has to go through years of trials?

Yeah I doubt the cosmetic route will be validated by the health agencies

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am definitely interested and I'm probably not the only one around these parts. If it works as well as Finasteride (possible) without side effects (this is really the part I'm skeptical about), then it will definitely find its buyers.

Why? Aren't you already bald like me? What's the point in something that is only going to prevent you from going more bald. Most people are fine with RU or finasteride. Considering the difficulty in getting this produced in small quantities I don't think many will be too interested in the effort and expense. Now if they had a siRNA for ZNRF3/RNF43 I'd be all over it

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? Aren't you already bald like me? What's the point in something that is only going to prevent you from going more bald. Most people are fine with RU or finasteride. Considering the difficulty in getting this produced in small quantities I don't think many will be too interested in the effort and expense. Now if they had a siRNA for ZNRF3/RNF43 I'd be all over it

No, I'm "only" a NW3, but diffusing into a NW5 pattern.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
About the same. The way I see it I might as well be bald. I have to buzz/shave it regardless. Until we find something that can actually regrow I'm screwed.

EMILIO CHESSA

My Regimen
Reaction score
About the same. The way I see it I might as well be bald. I have to buzz/shave it regardless. Until we find something that can actually regrow I'm screwed.
But weren't you the one who used everything? did you even get a regrowth?

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

About the same for me too.

Not true though. Even a buzzed NW3/NW4 is better than slick bald. Having some semblance of hairline > no hairline at all. I buzz and I am a diffuse NW3 and it's not optimal, but if I can keep it this way for the rest of my life it's still far better than having to shave a non-existent hairline every day.

If this is as efficacious as it allegedly is and has no sides, it's a good alternative to finasteride for people who do not wish to take finasteride like me. It's either this or pyrilutamide for me, otherwise it's pretty much over.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
About the same for me too.

Not true though. Even a buzzed NW3/NW4 is better than slick bald. Having some semblance of hairline > no hairline at all. I buzz and I am a diffuse NW3 and it's not optimal, but if I can keep it this way for the rest of my life it's still far better than having to shave a non-existent hairline every day.

If this is as efficacious as it allegedly is and has no sides, it's a good alternative to finasteride for people who do not wish to take finasteride like me. It's either this or pyrilutamide for me, otherwise it's pretty much over.
OK, buy it then. It's going to cost thousands of dollars. I don't see the point when you can use so many other drugs that are just as effective. I don't bother using anything anymore because really the difference between diffuse NW5 and NW7 is minimal. I doubt I'll ever go full NW7. No one in my family has. This thing is a very niche product for people who get sides on everything else. I'm betting those same people will get sides on this too

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score