Has Anyone Tried A Hot Oil Treatment?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've not. But I am planning on trying out silicon mix soon. I hear great things.

I just tried it last week. No great change, which is a shame. It felt a bit better for a few hours but not that much of a difference to normal conditioner.

I didn't go a heat treatment though, because I wear UTS and this would shrink when exposed to heat.

How are you planning to use Silicon Mix? Do you have lace or UTS?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think they work better on "bio" hair than hair system hair. Just anecdotal comments I hear from other folks in the business.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just tried it last week. No great change, which is a shame. It felt a bit better for a few hours but not that much of a difference to normal conditioner.

I didn't go a heat treatment though, because I wear UTS and this would shrink when exposed to heat.

How are you planning to use Silicon Mix? Do you have lace or UTS?
what is the silicon mix?

H201986

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried the zip-lock deep condition (suggested by Hair Direct) with silicon mix bamboo. It made the hair soft and manageable, but the effect only lasts for one week.

Reactions: TEG

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the hair has no remaining cuticle layer, there is nothing to hold onto the product. It will come off rather quickly. Good quality Remy hair is th best way to start.

H201986

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the hair has no remaining cuticle layer, there is nothing to hold onto the product. It will come off rather quickly. Good quality Remy hair is th best way to start.

That is so true, after a week the hair develops a coarse texture. I originally thought removing the cuticle layer was essential to the process, does this vary per supplier?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is so true, after a week the hair develops a coarse texture. I originally thought removing the cuticle layer was essential to the process, does this vary per supplier?

Different qualities of hair have different levels of remaining cuticle. Remember that there are many suppliers of hair around the world that supply hair to the factories. It really depends... it's hard to tell.