Has anyone taken tamoxifen for gyno?

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
So, after taking all of seven dutasteride pills, I got pretty bad gyno within two weeks.

As I anticipated, my dickhead doctor would not prescribe tamoxifen so I ordered it off the 'net and it just arrived. So there went two crucial weeks where I could have been reversing it. Made an appointment with an endocrinologist in the meantime but I think I'll just put it off and treat myself for a month and see how it goes.

So far I've taken 10mg/day for 3 days with no improvement. I'm thinking of upping it to 20mg but am not sure. This stuff can cause blood clots.

Anyone have any experience with tamoxifen?

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
block all oestrogen could place a negative effect on your hairfollikels
sinds you testo will jump up skyhigh.... dht blocked and oestrogen blocked...
your body needs a bit oestrogen to function right...
i would seek for herbal stuff first , something that blocks the aromatization from testo to oestrogen, but not all of it...

you can try , gyno will go away with heavy medicine, but i cant say it would not damage your hair...
try and you will know...

just let us know, sinds i was wondering what the effect of anti-oestrogenmedicine will do to hairloss...

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i hope your a joking...

You're on a hairloss site, of course he's not joking... most people here will sacrifice anything to keep their hair, including their health, come hell or high water.

Looks like you found out the hard way what messing with hormones can do to your body, hope you recover.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Mew said:
i hope your a joking...

You're on a hairloss site, of course he's not joking... most people here will sacrifice anything to keep their hair, including their health, come hell or high water.

Looks like you found out the hard way what messing with hormones can do to your body, hope you recover.

I was perfectly aware of what might happen.

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was perfectly aware of what might happen.

Well there you go, then. It's unfortunate it did so I hope you can resolve your situation.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
This tamoxifin has not done anything yet, though. I am seriously concerned it might be counterfeit. I would actually appreciate a few side effects just so I knew if it was working!

let-it-grow

Established Member
Reaction score
I recommend you try another forum, try a bodybuilding forum, the guys there get gyno all the time from steroids and they know how to treat it. I hope it would work out for you and that you will not need a surgery.

Dutasteride stays in your system for months, so it takes a long time for the gyno to get better. finasteride is out of your system after 2 weeks, so the gyno disappear quicker. Do what those bodybuilders in the bodybuilding forums say and give it time. Also see an endocrinologist as fast as you can.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i readed some post on bodybuildingsites...
most effective way is surgery...
there other options 2 but theres nowhere any garanty it works....
if your quick to take action on gyno , then normally you can still do something about it...

xxenergyxx

Reaction score
But if you stop the treatment completely it should be disappear on its own...isn't it?

Bodybuilders have a really high rate of testo in their blood and there is always a great convertion of it in estrogens, that's why they often need a surgery.

For people who just use finasteride should be different.
If you take finasteride for 4 months and gyno appears, stopping it and giving the right time I think tamoxifene isn't necessary.

I read about a case of a guy wo used 1 mg/die finasteride for 2 months, then he noticed gyno and breast pain, he continued for other 2 months and after he wend to a doctor.

He stopped the treatment and after 1 month the pain had gone, then after 7 months he still noticed a little difference between right and left nipple but he hadn't gyno anymore.

I think time play an important role in these things.
Maybe it's better to wait thant o use medicine like tamoxifene, I remember one more time that most of us are not bodybuilders!

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
I dunno my research seems to suggest that once there is breast tissue it is pretty hard to get rid of it. If it is mild it seems like maybe there is a 50/50% chance of it going away.

I mean even in your example, 2 months of usage and 7 months to kind of go away? Pretty shitty situation if you ask me.

However bad it is, though, the studies I have read certainly seem to suggest that it will go away dramatically faster with tamoxifin than without it.

I'll tell you it certainly is not working any miracles yet, however. Has not improved at all, though it has not gotten much worse, either.

I really think if I had been able to start it immediately upon seeing symptoms I would not be in this situation at all. Stupid f*****g doctor!

bojangles

Reaction score
dougfunny said:
I dunno my research seems to suggest that once there is breast tissue it is pretty hard to get rid of it. If it is mild it seems like maybe there is a 50/50% chance of it going away.
How it it any different from teenage boys who temporarily develop gynecomastia? They say a certain percentage of boys develop gynecomastia and only a small minority of them don't lose it after a short while. Why does their breast tissue disappear on its own?

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I really think if I had been able to start it immediately upon seeing symptoms I would not be in this situation at all.

No, let's be honest here and call a spade a spade: if you had not started Dutasteride, you would not be in this situation at all.

You should stop looking for other scapegoats to blame instead of the 5AR inhibitor you took to save some hair, which has now caused you problems.

Stupid f****ing doctor!

Blaming others for your choices reflects poorly on you, as it shows you will avoid taking responsibility for your own actions.

You already previously admitted in this same thread "I was perfectly aware of what might happen" when you took dutasteride (referring to gyno), so there is nobody to blame here except yourself. The doctor has nothing to do with it.

That said, if things don't resolve via Tamoxifen, you either:

- live with it
- get surgery

Those will likely end up being your choices in the end. I know this because I also got gyno from finasteride.

xxenergyxx

Reaction score
Sorry Mew, I also got a beginning of gyno using 0,5 mg of finasteride for 3 months and a half, and doctors didn't say to me to use tamoxifene, they just told me that stopping finasteride it will go away.

Now I stopped finasteride from 3 weeks and the pain is less but I always feel a little "ball" under my right nipple.

Can you say more about your story? How long did u take finasteride? When did u notice to have gyno? did u suddenly stop the treatment and used tamoxifene?

I'm very interested about...u know, nobody told me that with a so light dose of finasteride I should have a gyno :shakehead:

Thanks a lot bro!

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you stop finasteride (or dutasteride) and/or go on an anti-estrogen?

I quit finasteride after 11 months. Gyno started in month 6 but I didn't realize at the time what it was, or why I was feeling so much pain in my chest/nipples at the time.

No, I never took an Anti-E as after quitting Finasteride my Testosterone, LH and FSH hormones dropped to hypogonadal levels and suffered from permanent side effects which yet to resolve even 5 years later... aka, the Post-Finasteride Syndrome.

After that experience I swore off use of hormone-altering drugs altogether.

they just told me that stopping finasteride it will go away.

Physical changes like breast tissue may or may not "go away", but I wouldn't bet on it.

Can you say more about your story? How long did u take finasteride? When did u notice to have gyno? did u suddenly stop the treatment and used tamoxifene?

See above.