Has Anyone Switched Back To finasteride After Using dutasteride?

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
Was on finasteride for 4 years.

On dutasteride for the past 6 months.

Having doubts now...I think I'll end up losing hair either way.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Was on finasteride for 4 years.

On dutasteride for the past 6 months.

Having doubts now...I think I'll end up losing hair either way.

What do you mean, why are you having doubts?

I used finasteride for 20 years, it finally stopped working a month ago, I changed to Avodart and I couldn't be happier. I'm already seeing results: shedding stopped completely, hair looks much thicker and healthier.

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I used finasteride for 20 years, it finally stopped working a month ago, I changed to Avodart and I couldn't be happier. I'm already seeing results: shedding stopped completely, hair looks much thicker and healthier.
how many duts a week?

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

how long does shedding take to stop? i am in my 4^5 month of dutas and shedding started.

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't switch back from dutasteride to finasteride- particularly after finasteride has stopped holding your hair. I was in this same position and the switch back gave me an almighty shed. Just keep taking dutasteride and forget about it is my advice- it's really only marginally worse for your health than finasteride and you have the risk of losing a lot of hair if you switch back