Has Anyone Shed A Lot On Treatments And Still Maintained Their Hair?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Title. I've been on Finasteride for over a year and a half now. It seems like last summer I had a massive shed that lasted a couple of months in the summer and it seems like I'm in one now again. I've been losing 20-40 hairs in the shower and find like 5-10 hairs on my pillow in the morning (sometimes a lot less). Although my hair still looks the same since starting treatments, I'm worried that I'm slowly losing ground. Thoughts?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not even sure if you have male pattern baldness.

Although my hair still looks the same since starting treatments, I'm worried that I'm slowly losing ground.
Do you see what's problematic about that sentence?

You shouldn't be counting the hairs on your pillow and in the shower. Either way a few dozen hairs a day is nothing. It's what people lose naturally even if their hair is perfect.

Regulate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Title. I've been on Finasteride for over a year and a half now. It seems like last summer I had a massive shed that lasted a couple of months in the summer and it seems like I'm in one now again. I've been losing 20-40 hairs in the shower and find like 5-10 hairs on my pillow in the morning (sometimes a lot less). Although my hair still looks the same since starting treatments, I'm worried that I'm slowly losing ground. Thoughts?

Why the f*** do you even worry? You know that every normal person loses 100 hairs per day right... And as you are already one year one finasteride, you know just as me that it's working well for you.

I should have been worrying. My first 3 months were brilliant, not losing any hairs at all. The past two months were hell, I was seriously losing HUNDREDS of hairs per day... Anytime I washed my hair...

Now all of a sudden the shedding has completely stopped. When i shower, I maybe lose a max of 40 hairs, but mostly around 10.

Which I don't understand; how can a shedding stop completely overnight?

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did. I shed heavily from may to late june. It is now settling down thankfully but I didn't worry since I experienced the same procedure before. I'm seeing regrowth on temples which I never saw it coming. Hair feels much stronger after that period now I'm grateful that I upped the dosage.

P.S: Hairs I lost when I rub the towel to my hair after showering reduced exponentially since 2 weeks. I see 3 to 5 hairs when I rub it now and hair roots feel much stronger while doing so.