Has anyone seen results with Tricomin?

G

Just curious...

Also how long should one use this product to determine if it is working or not? (I'm on month 3 or halfway through my second bottle with NO results).

This product seems to be something people use along with many other treatments as this is what I'm doing. But this will make it difficult to asess any thickening or regrowth, so does anyone even know if they have had success or are they just blindly taking it?

Thanks

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
I've stopped taking it.

I've also reduced my finasteride to every other day.

I'm tempted to stop this madness altogether!!!

fallout

Reaction score
I used it for two months, then switched to the folligen line because it seemed nore potent. I used that for 6 months; no results. Other than on the folligen site, I cant recall people claiming benefits

nooc

Established Member
Reaction score
It's part of my regimen along with the big 3, so I can't say how much it's helped me. But since I'm having success, it'll stay part of my regimen.

misterium

Reaction score
I like it because it seems to be responsible for taking care of my itch/irritation... which has now stopped.

I like Tricomin, it just seems healthy for overall scalp health.. not sure if it's causing regrowth (I'm on my 3rd bottle), but I like the way it feels and think it may be causing thickening on my crown area.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Tricomin is a good addition for a more rounded regimen and halps keep the scalp healthy.

G

Oh, I see...

Nobody can lay a claim that Tricomin has any potential to assisting in regrowth or thickening of the hair shaft which is the initial claim that the Procyte corperation has made and supposedly has tested this product in a clinical trial which is only backed up by this particular website (hairlosstalk.com) as a product that is "proven"?

I agree with the scalp health feature of this product but for us vigilant customers I think the price of Tricomin and it's shampoo/conditioners may be too high for what the product claims it can actually achieve in most people.

Personally, I think were dealing with a well marketed Snake Oil endorsed by this website (hairlosstalk.com).

Feedback please?... Thanks

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Personally, I think were dealing with a well marketed Snake Oil endorsed by this website (hairlosstalk.com).
Feedback please?...
Okay:

1) What else are you going to use? Nioxin?
2) Id put more faith in an unproven treatment (properly marked as unproven) that underwent partial FDA trials, than I would over the 250 or so alternatives out there with zilch.

End of feedback.

HairLossTalk.com

G

Well there's an interesting reply from the moderator himself...

I don't think that clears anything up. So what your saying is that you wanted to have an arsenal of so called "proven" treatments to sell and endorse on this website (hairlosstalk.com) and so you chose Tricomin instead of Nioxin?

Your response, Mr. Moderator, is a bit confusing and out of the ordinary to me and almost sounds a little defensive to my belated opinion.

Why would you say "end of feedback"? Isn't this (your) website devoted entirely to unbiased FEEDBACK from individual opinions? If so what is the deal with your response?

Thanks

slackdar

Reaction score
Go and wade through the seas of hairloss snake oil online. I already did, and this site is great. HairLossTalk.com didn't read defensive to me, and the product review is clear about why Tricomin is on the list.

"Tricomin made it into our list of clinically efficacious products because...."

I think his 'end of feedback' just underscored his main point - Every hairloss treatment is a gamble (including transplants). Due to finances, I'm probably gonna buy the Tricomin shampoo & conditioner and not the topical treatment.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously, Paradise – you need to get a grip.

Read the research before reeling off stupid comments like these. HairLossTalk.com (both the site and moderator) is perhaps the most helpful and useful hair loss resource on the web. There is logic and science behind every single product they promote.

Even if it were the case HairLossTalk.com was promoting some products more than others because he gets a little cash – would that be so bad?! As I say, research the products and read the science and things may become a little more clear.

Def

G

yeah I suppose you guys are right. Everything is a gamble with hairloss treatments and I agree that this website is the best out there for good information.

I think I was playing on one of my thoughts that this website was set up as a scam to promote these drugs like Finasteride and Minoxidil or Nizoral as a more advanced form for marketing snake oils. Reason being is because I haven't responded to anything I have heard about on this website so to me, Finasteride is the same as procerin. You see my concern.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I have not tried Tricomin but have used Folligen for the better part of 3 months now. I have not seen any results what so ever, I have been applying Folligen spray and lotion on my scalp 4 - 5 times a week for 3 months with nothing. I can't say anything about Tricomin because I haven't tried it but I think Folligen is the same stuff and it hasn't worked.

If Folligen hasn't worked should I even bother to try Tricomin???

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
Regrowth or no regrowth, at least we know we're doing everything we can, right now!

I did a google 'hair loss' UK search and was confronted with professional looking sites that claimed "yeah after 4 days, hairloss stopped and now I look like Chewbaca". No ingredient details ( Its's just a mixture of herbs) Scary, and people new to this WILL fall for it.

The message you get from Tricomin is they've been through partial trails
(like barly any other product, finasteride and minoxidil excluded) and it could possibly help, but don't hold you're breath!

I think Cassin said that he uses 4 squirts a day, meaning a bottle last approx one year. So why would'nt you give it a shot?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
md2002 said:
I have not tried Tricomin but have used Folligen for the better part of 3 months now. I have not seen any results what so ever, I have been applying Folligen spray and lotion on my scalp 4 - 5 times a week for 3 months with nothing. I can't say anything about Tricomin because I haven't tried it but I think Folligen is the same stuff and it hasn't worked.

md2002, what type of results are you hoping to acheive? maintenance? regrowth? calming an irritated and inflamed scalp?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
md2002 said:

Folligen and Tricomin are different.

Folligen supposedley has more copper peptides - but tricomin has different copper peptides. After going through your current folligen folligen supply - yes, buy a bottle of that pricey tric. I'm pretty sure you'll lke it.

Will it regrow your hair? Probably not - but a good adjunct weapon in your arsenal just the same.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
I used Revivogen and American Crew CU Peptides (same as tricomin) for 6 months - during that time I have experienced regrowth of hairs at the hairline which I am 100% sure were not there before I started the treatment (I have this strange little bald spot sort of like a "hump" right in the middle of my hairline which is where I saw the growth - so was it the revivogen or the American crew - alot of people think both are snake oils so I wouldnt like to guess

Im hoping there is regrowth yet to come as Im far from finished with these products.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Neither Revivogen nor American Crew/Copper Peptides are “snake oilsâ€!!! Jesus that term gets overused (I’m not having a go at you here, Paradise)!!

If you’re talking “snake oil†you’re talking “Essence of Camel’s Semen Special Hair Loss Preparation†or “Dr Nick Riviera’s Patented Hair Sprucer†or some sh*t like that. Both Revivogen and Copper Peptides have scientifically tried and tested substances at their core which have all been shown in some way to be ‘beneficial’ for this affliction we suffer.

The fact that you or indeed many people may not grow full crops of thick hair back doesn’t mean the products aren’t working to some degree and are snake oil.

Anyway – just p*sses me off, the amount of negativity there is on this forum. We’ve got the best products and resources to help us through that there have ever been and our generation of baldies at least has a few things that can buy us some more time.

Heads up lads.

Def

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
I couldnt agree more Def - it would have to be one big intricate conspiracy theory to beleive that every study done on these treatments (or rather their ingredients) is all part of one company trying to pull the wool over our eyes to buy this "snake oil" - at the same time i can understand why people are suspicious because the hair loss market is littered with empty promises - back in the days I used to use Nioxin and for me that really was a total waste of time and money for 6 months ( there was I was thinking the shampoo was just washing all that nasty DHT away! )

From all the natural treatments I thought revivogen and copper peptides seemed the way to go - and so far I can say they have had a positive effect - reduced hairloss and slight regrowth - how far this goes is anyones guess but at least some companys are trying to offer products that have some effect - I just wish they would do some clinical trials though!