Has Anyone Maintained Same Hair With Dutasteride With Over 10 Years Of Use?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
At what age u started?
Around 28, I went on and off.. should have stayed on the full time but financially at the time I couldn't keep it up because it was over $300 a month for dutasteride plus my bro science was telling me that the receptors could become desensitized to the drug if I were to remain on it for the whole time.
Now I take 0.5 mg daily. Sometimes I might take an extra pill. Plus I use nizoral 1% about 3 times a week mixed with niacin powder. And essential oils at night

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Around 28, I went on and off.. should have stayed on the full time but financially at the time I couldn't keep it up because it was over $300 a month for dutasteride plus my bro science was telling me that the receptors could become desensitized to the drug if I were to remain on it for the whole time.

Now I take 0.5 mg daily. Sometimes I might take an extra pill. Plus I use nizoral 1% about 3 times a week mixed with niacin powder. And essential oils at night[/QUOTE

Great

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've not been on it 10 years yet, just five years, but Dutasteride has been working brilliantly for me with minimal side-effects.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys use any other products with Dutasteride, besides Nizoral?

shidoin - you mentioned essential oils. Can you expand?

Thanks!
S
I was using dutasteride alone until very recently when I added a very low dose (1.25mg a day) of oral minoxidil. I dont want to use a dose higher than this, as oral minoxidil is risky stuff. The dutasteride alone was able to completely restore my crown loss, but it only partially restored my frontal loss, so I've added the oral minoxidil to try to increase my hairline regrowth.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on dutasteride for over a year and still shedding like a mofo. Very slowly thinning on top.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but minoxidil doesn't do anything to stem hair loss, only encourages growth of finer dowdy, finer hair? I've never combined the meds. Using topical minoxidil would be a nightmare for me because of all the styling products I use. Oral sounds a bit risky?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on dutasteride for over a year and still shedding like a mofo. Very slowly thinning on top.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but minoxidil doesn't do anything to stem hair loss, only encourages growth of finer dowdy, finer hair? I've never combined the meds. Using topical minoxidil would be a nightmare for me because of all the styling products I use. Oral sounds a bit risky?

If you're not responding well to dutasteride, try other anti-androgens such as bicalutamide.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Now I take 0.5 mg daily. Sometimes I might take an extra pill. Plus I use nizoral 1% about 3 times a week mixed with niacin powder. And essential oils at night

Interesting. Did you ever get bloodworks done? It would be very useful to see how hormone levels look like on someone that has been on it for years with no sides and good results.