Has Anyone Here Tried Nofap? What Did You Think.

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. For those of you who don't know there is a trend that seems to be growing in popularity. Nofap is exactly what it sounds like. The ceasing of masturbation.

The idea is that p**rn addicts (and people who make masturbation a habit to a smaller extent) overindulge in dopamine by exploiting their body's sexual response. Among other things, Nofap's endorsers claim that this can create an unhealthy lifestyle with symptoms like social anxiety, unrelenting shame, erectile dysfunction, and p**rn tastes that become increasingly deviant as time goes on. Some also argue that it throws off your natural pheromones. Your body cannot tell the difference between masturbation and sex with a partner, and as a result, your body responds by not releasing the appropriate chemicals to attract the opposite sex. These are all claims and I cannot officially endorse them because I have no scientific data or evidence.

However, I have seen several testimonials and I have friends who swear by it (one of them has been on it for 2 years). I have given it a try myself. I do feel better and less awkward in public, and I feel somewhat more confident. This could just be a big placebo effect but in my case, I'll take whatever works.

If any of you are curious about Nofap, are currently on Nofap, or even think Nofap is bullshit, I encourage you to post here.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a long thread on it. I think there's something to it and I had moderate success with it, but in the wrong context it can be hard to maintain. It's difficult to give up on masturbation, or at least it is for me. It requires significant motivation and consistency.

I've had many failed attempts. Twice I made it past thirty days. Spontaneous erections return after ~20 days and become more frequent and firmer as the days pass. It becomes fun to be 12 again, to just think about a hot woman and be as hard as brick, pointing ~15 degrees above the horizontal as they're supposed to. As the days pass, it becomes an obstacle to living life as I get pretty hard all the time, and I'd also wake up in the middle of the night with erections crying out for my hand.

Disclaimer: there is no valid evidence linking masturbation to hairloss.

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a long thread on it. I think there's something to it and I had moderate success with it, but in the wrong context it can be hard to maintain. It's difficult to give up on masturbation, or at least it is for me. It requires significant motivation and consistency.

I've had many failed attempts. Twice I made it past thirty days. Spontaneous erections return after ~20 days and become more frequent and firmer as the days pass. It becomes fun to be 12 again, to just think about a hot woman and be as hard as brick, pointing ~15 degrees above the horizontal as they're supposed to. As the days pass, it becomes an obstacle to living life as I get pretty hard all the time, and I'd also wake up in the middle of the night with erections crying out for my hand.

Disclaimer: there is no valid evidence linking masturbation to hairloss.

I came in thinking Nofap was a bunch of bullshit. Then I decided to try it because hey why not. What I immediately noticed was that I had no self control. Couldn't get through the first or second night at first. This really bothered me because I was convinced I could stop whenever I wanted. I don't think I'm a p**rn addict proper because I don't fit the profile. I'm not going to the bathroom at school or work to jack off, nor did I ever give up obligations as a way to watch more p**rn. Masturbation was part of my routine, and it felt pretty empty. I finally stopped early last term. Then three weeks later there were two girls interested in me. I haven't dated anybody in three years so I was thrilled. I picked one and started going out with her for the rest of the term. We had to break it off though because I plan on leaving the US when I graduate and she had family she didn't want to leave.

I relapsed after that because I wanted to experiment and see if I could control my urges and release once a week. Bad move. You're absolutely right that it makes you feel 12 again, anything, even just a girl walking by with a shapely body is enough to get going. I struggled for about a month getting back on, I just started again last week. I enjoy the exhilaration that you get from just seeing hot women, it makes me actually want to try approaching, something I've been horrible at for most of my life.

I can confirm I suffered from this, I masturbated at least once/twice a day for years.

I got to the point where I masturbated out of habit and didn't feel any real pleasure any more, I even got testicles shrinking. Not to mention I felt less and less attracted to girls in real life and lost any interest in even talking to them.

Same with the p*rn tastes becoming increasingly deviant.

I'm quite sure the erect. dysf. got worse due to finasteride+overmasturbation.

That's exactly how I felt. It was a lifeless habit that didn't bring anything. I didn't have testicle shrinkage but my voice was super high until I stopped. I work with audio as a hobby so I'm used to hearing my awful high pitched shaky voice. Now I listen to Snapchat recordings and notice that my pitch is slightly lower and my voice is steady. Sorry about the finasteride sides dude that sounds awful.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay...I knew a guy years ago...he was a kinkster...BUT something he enjoyed doing to himself may be of interest to you guys.

He was into putting himself into chastity.

there is a plastic device that keeps c*** from getting erect..you can still pee through it

It was NOT my kind of kink but to each their own.

Anyway he told me he would put this device on for a week and it would make his erections at the end incredibly strong and his orgasms super intense

Now I am not telling men to go out and get these things LOL

But it supposedly 'keeps' you from popping up so to speak until you decide to take it off.

clear-small-male-chastity-belt-chastity-device.jpg

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay...I knew a guy years ago...he was a kinkster...BUT something he enjoyed doing to himself may be of interest to you guys.

there is a plastic device that keeps c*** from getting erect..you can still pee through it

Anyway he told me he would put this device on for a week and it would make his erections at the end incredibly strong and his orgasms super intense

But it supposedly 'keeps' you from popping up so to speak until you decide to take it off.

View attachment 58720 .

WTF

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Proliferation of p**rn is one of the worst things for a young man's sex life. You can google a million reasons why but the fact is real life performance, from the chase to the act, will be better without the short circuit it has on the brain. As far as masturbation goes-"moderation in all things". I found no use for it since Playboy Magazines went out of fashion, somewhere when I was 18. Partly, there was always a female available when I as interested and mostly from belief instilled in me as a young teen. Dante would probably appreciate this. In my family, Italians, there was a saying, jerking off was for priests and prisoners. Not for real men. So, get a woman or go work out (heavily!).

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 58720 .

I know a guy like this too. He's about the lewdest guy I know, he's into the whole "I wanna be a qt trap" stuff.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a guy like this too. He's about the lewdest guy I know, he's into the whole "I wanna be a qt trap" stuff.

Yeah, this guy was a not lewd at all, he was really sophisticated polished sort, he did not have erection problems he was just into the 'control' aspect of denying himself and he told me how intense it was when he took it off...I mean to each their own no judgment but for me it was he was not right guy for me. He wanted to give me the key this is how it came up and that dynamic turned me off.
I mentioned it to other female friends later and they liked the idea of this--so every pot has a lid I guess.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 58720 .

what the f***

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, this guy was a not lewd at all, he was really sophisticated polished sort, he did not have erection problems he was just into the 'control' aspect of denying himself and he told me how intense it was when he took it off...I mean to each their own no judgment but for me it was he was not right guy for me. He wanted to give me the key this is how it came up and that dynamic turned me off.
I mentioned it to other female friends later and they liked the idea of this--so every pot has a lid I guess.

Sounds like he was into the whole power play type stuff. My hope for Nofap is to force me to interact with women so I can find someone nice to settle down and have kids with. For the longest time I'd been wanting to live alone and bury myself in video games and anime but that's not going to satisfy me when I'm 30 or so. I need something more fulfilling. For a lot of men that's what a career is for, but I know myself well enough to know that I won't make me happy.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like he was into the whole power play type stuff. My hope for Nofap is to force me to interact with women so I can find someone nice to settle down and have kids with. For the longest time I'd been wanting to live alone and bury myself in video games and anime but that's not going to satisfy me when I'm 30 or so. I need something more fulfilling. For a lot of men that's what a career is for, but I know myself well enough to know that I won't make me happy.

I don't know because he did it to himself...I did not want any part of it..no judgment, just not my thing.

I know he told me it made his orgasm really strong and this was why he did it.

There is a movie "don john' that talked more about what you are talking about..the p**rn effecting the desire for relationships.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, Dante, too harsh on yourself. I must agree with your last statement however.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 58720 .
This doesn't seem safe o_O :confused: