Has anyone had fatigue as a finasteride side effect?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't understand what's wrong with my but i constantly feel so tired
i eat really healthy, take vitamins, sleep well yet still i feel so sleepy
i took some time off work and exercise and still i feel tired

i'm starting to think its' finasteride but ill be getting a blood test soon

could it be finasteride?

arxidas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't understand what's wrong with my but i constantly feel so tired
i eat really healthy, take vitamins, sleep well yet still i feel so sleepy
i took some time off work and exercise and still i feel tired

i'm starting to think its' finasteride but ill be getting a blood test soon

could it be finasteride?
Yes , I have . In recent blood work I found that I was low in b12 and folic acid…. Check for other things first . It could be something like my case

lord cardigan

Reaction score
Finasteride made me extremely fatigued. Even sleep didnt really refresh me much. It also made me feel general aches and pains in my joints. Almost like you would imagine an old person would feel. Worn out. Back pain too.

lord cardigan

Reaction score
Also had involuntary muscle twitches in my arms. Felt like I was wasting away and i was. My muscles were wasting. Soon as i stop finasteride I would bounce back and muscles would become firmer and come back again pretty fast. I have been on and off it many times over the years hoping that something would change but it's always the same. I also had sore dry eyes. Watery semen. Bland orgasms and alot more undesirable effects than I care to remember. When I first took it I was only 19. I find it amazing so many people report no side effects on it.

lord cardigan

Reaction score
Also random pains in arms and legs felt like circulatory pains. I can remember getting pains in my side and abdominal area. Burning when I pissed. Frequent urination. Kidney pain after drinking alcohol. f*** this were the days.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride made me extremely fatigued. Even sleep didnt really refresh me much. It also made me feel general aches and pains in my joints. Almost like you would imagine an old person would feel. Worn out. Back pain too.
hey thanks for your comment
are you off finasteride now?
oh sorry just read you were on and off

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I havnt taken it in a good few years. I tried my best to tolerate it for my hairs sake but it was no way to live.
Dam, i think i might get off too i'm trying to push through it but i have similar sides,, what's your routine at the moment? do you use topicals?

lord cardigan

Reaction score
Minoxidil once a day (most days) for the last 6 or 7 years. Kirkland all over scalp about 3 ml each application. It has thickened up my crown and is still above what it was six years ago. My hairline continues to recede slowly though. I am however getting on a bit at 37 and i dont think finasteride would have saved it anyway. I'm not in NW3 territory yet so I'm not doing too bad.

lord cardigan

Reaction score
Th weird thing is 15 years ago minoxidil used to give me terrible skin flakes and rawness. I took a long break with no treatments but when my crown started to go properly I tried it again and this time I tolerate it alot better. It's just a hassle

lord cardigan

Reaction score
I still have my eye out for a decent topical anti androgen but I have not seen any that look like they are the answer. A safe one anyway. I tried RU and got the fatigue with it similar to finasteride. It's a funny old game this with alot of disappointments and dead end streets but sometimes something will do just enough. Useless old minoxidil turned out to do something for me. It covered my crown from age 30 to 37 and if it gets me to 47 without a big shiny bald patch then I will consider it a great success. It has already been a success I think

jazz1

Reaction score
I still have my eye out for a decent topical anti androgen but I have not seen any that look like they are the answer. A safe one anyway. I tried RU and got the fatigue with it similar to finasteride. It's a funny old game this with alot of disappointments and dead end streets but sometimes something will do just enough. Useless old minoxidil turned out to do something for me. It covered my crown from age 30 to 37 and if it gets me to 47 without a big shiny bald patch then I will consider it a great success. It has already been a success I think
Try Topical Finasteride with anti androgen blockers or Topical Dutasteride, see the thread I posted for forums members;

Topical Finasteride

Topical Dutasteride

lord cardigan

Reaction score
I have tried topical finasteride and I get generalised sides after a while similar to oral. Topical dutasteride most likely woudl be just the same

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I took finasteride I would wake up tired after a 10 hour sleep. It would be like I had 3.
There's no evidence that finasteride causes fatigue, you guys need to stop blaming every single symptom you have on finasteride, its most likely your diet, physical activity, stress etc.