Has anyone had a finasteride induced gyno and ended up getting the surgery? And after the surgery gone back to using finasteride?

Ultraman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to ask if there is anyone that had to get gyno surgery (due to finasteride side effect)? And after removing glands & doing liposuction, went back to using finasteride (oral or topical)?

If you did, did using finasteride again caused gyno to develop again? Or after the surgery were you able to use finasteride again with no gyno ever coming back?

I read that if you had gyno before using finasteride, in another words, your gyno was NOT caused by finasteride, then using finasteride post surgery WILL NOT bring back gyno.

However, if you never had gyno but started developing it after taking finasteride, in another words, your gyno is induced by finasteride, then the gyno can recur if you go back to finasteride after gyno surgery.

Now this is based on theory as per the gyno surgeon. He did not have a definitive answer.

https://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/real-patient-question-finasteride-after-gynecomastia-surgery/

But is there anyone here who had a surgery due to finasteride induced gyno?

And did you go back to using finasteride after the surgery?

If you did, did gyno ever come back?

Or with the surgery you were able to resume finasteride and gyno has never come back?

Your feed back is much appreciated!

Red Floyd

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to ask if there is anyone that had to get gyno surgery (due to finasteride side effect)? And after removing glands & doing liposuction, went back to using finasteride (oral or topical)?

If you did, did using finasteride again caused gyno to develop again? Or after the surgery were you able to use finasteride again with no gyno ever coming back?

I read that if you had gyno before using finasteride, in another words, your gyno was NOT caused by finasteride, then using finasteride post surgery WILL NOT bring back gyno.

However, if you never had gyno but started developing it after taking finasteride, in another words, your gyno is induced by finasteride, then the gyno can recur if you go back to finasteride after gyno surgery.

Now this is based on theory as per the gyno surgeon. He did not have a definitive answer.

https://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/real-patient-question-finasteride-after-gynecomastia-surgery/

But is there anyone here who had a surgery due to finasteride induced gyno?

And did you go back to using finasteride after the surgery?

If you did, did gyno ever come back?

Or with the surgery you were able to resume finasteride and gyno has never come back?

Your feed back is much appreciated!
I asked a plastic surgeon today and he claimed that only over 10% of people have a reoccurrence of the drug-induced gyno when keeping finasteride. Not sure if I trust him as all cases in the tressless subreddit experienced the opposite: gyno reoccurrence. He also claimed that some people have it back but that it never grows to the extent it did before, and eventually stabilizes.

Ultraman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked a plastic surgeon today and he claimed that only over 10% of people have a reoccurrence of the drug-induced gyno when keeping finasteride. Not sure if I trust him as all cases in the tressless subreddit experienced the opposite: gyno reoccurrence. He also claimed that some people have it back but that it never grows to the extent it did before, and eventually stabilizes.
I'd hope the surgeon is correct but the answers from actual patients seem to be in contrast. And that is depressing. Thanks for the reply though.

lord cardigan

Reaction score
I took finasteride when I was very young, about 20. It gave me gyno. I started using it about 6 years later and this time it did not trigger it again. I think it depends on how much hormones you have in your system. I stopped it due to different side effects anyway.

Ultraman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finasteride when I was very young, about 20. It gave me gyno. I started using it about 6 years later and this time it did not trigger it again. I think it depends on how much hormones you have in your system. I stopped it due to different side effects anyway.
So when you resumed finasteride 6 years after, how long did you use it before stopping?

Also, when you had gyno, did you feel tenderness and lump?

lord cardigan

Reaction score
So when you resumed finasteride 6 years after, how long did you use it before stopping?

Also, when you had gyno, did you feel tenderness and lump?
I used it about 6 months second time round. The first time round I used for about 2 month before the gyno appeared. I had very painful lumps in both nipples.