Has Anyone Gained A Serious Muscle Mass On Finasteride?

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
So i think that ive finally grown some balls to try finasteride.However,ever since I had a surgery 2 years ago I am skinny and I dont really do anything.I am about to go to gym but I am concerned that I wont be able to gain as much as I would without taking propecia.Has anyone here gained serious muscle mass while on finasteride?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a guy at my gym that has been on Propecia for like 10+ years. He's the biggest one there lol

Edit: There's also a guy in his 40s who recently had a hair transplant (pretty sure he had to take finasteride pre-op) and he's in extremely good shape for his age. Mirin' hard

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it shouldn't be a problem. It inhibits dht not testosterone

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are the propecia concerns over stated? At 40 I’m hoping the decline might be less noticeable? I’m just terrified of the shed.

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are the propecia concerns over stated? At 40 I’m hoping the decline might be less noticeable? I’m just terrified of the shed.

Wait how old are you?I mean by reading posts there are many people who get the sides...But still,those are probably ones who are in that precentage of people who get the sides.Today i took my first proscar quarter and to be honest I am scared as f***,because it is messing with my hormones after all.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I've always been far more wary of minoxidil than finasteride. With minoxidil, it seems that you're pretty much guaranteed a shed by it's mechanism of action.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 40 1.5 years massive diffuse shedding and now losing hairline. Have been on oral minoxidil for 8 months, never caught up to even near a baseline and I’m sick for not starting Finasteride earlier, but scared it will have the same impact in terms of shedding as the minoxidil did.

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 40 1.5 years massive diffuse shedding and now losing hairline. Have been on oral minoxidil for 8 months, never caught up to even near a baseline and I’m sick for not starting Finasteride earlier, but scared it will have the same impact in terms of shedding as the minoxidil did.
Oh i think that you are safe to try finasteride...In my case,i dont even know if minoxidil caused any shed,because i was constantly loosing around 150-200 hairs a day,now i am loosing around 15-20-25 hairs a day,i already had a good regrowth but i want to make the most out of my hair so i started using finasteride.

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to stop using finasteride if i get any sides...just not worth it when I am still young...

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gained these nice like flaps of fat under my chest like a 50 year old woman, so YAY!!

dannyg

My Regimen
Reaction score
You would have to use an aromatase(increases estrogen) inhibitor along with a SHBG(lowers free T) inhibitor.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've lost about 50lbs starting from 220 and now hovering around 165/170 and now starting to focus more on gaining strength/mass after not working out seriously for a while. I'm making consistent weekly strength gains following a basic PPL routine while on dutasteride for almost 4 months now, and have been on finasteride for about 2 and a half years before starting dutasteride. Just make sure you have a consistent routine and that your diet is in check.

Last edited:

YoungandHairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and especially dutasteride raise testosterone to an extent and it could even be argued that they could help you gain mass easier but it basically varies on a person to person basis.

Elevated

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have been taking for over three months now and I am leaner than I have been in a long time. Hasn't affected my workouts and feel better than I did beforehand.