Has Anyone Found A Way To Prolong The Effects Of finasteride Or dutasteride

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I increased the finasteride dose to 5mg daily and I notice some improvements again after two months of use.I still apply minoxidil daily.Not sides at the moment.
What dose were you taking before and for how long were you on that dose?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm about ready to up my dosage but wondering if any of you guys can tell me should I take the whole 5 milligrams at once or split it up and take half twice a day.
Don't know if one would be more effective or not based on half life

Netsky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 0.3 mg every other day. If I start to take any more than this then the sides start to creep in. Definitely lost effectiveness over the last 6month-year.

To me taking 5mg per day is massive overkill..no? The flat response rate ive seen in old studies shows that the difference between 0.2 mg and 1mg are quite marginal and the difference between 1mg - 5mg is literally 0 !

I'm desperate for an improvement in the overall effectiveness too but from what I've seen uping the dosage is only going to increase side effects whilst providing no extra efficacy?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 0.3 mg every other day. If I start to take any more than this then the sides start to creep in. Definitely lost effectiveness over the last 6month-year.

To me taking 5mg per day is massive overkill..no? The flat response rate ive seen in old studies shows that the difference between 0.2 mg and 1mg are quite marginal and the difference between 1mg - 5mg is literally 0 !

I'm desperate for an improvement in the overall effectiveness too but from what I've seen uping the dosage is only going to increase side effects whilst providing no extra efficacy?

1 beer will last shorter in your body comparing to 5 beers.

Supressing dht amount of 1mg to 5mg are mostly the same. But how long it gonna be supressed is obviously variable. 5mg for sure will be supressing these 68%-70% ammount longer and longer. Even if studies says finasteride half time is 6 hours "?for 1mg?" i bet 5mg will hold up muuuuch longer till dht will start to rise again. Just my theory.

Netsky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well your right when you say that the half-life for finasteride is short but i've read somewhere that DHT in the scalp (which matters to us) remains lower for longer because 5-ar is blocked whist serum DHT returns to normal levels.

It makes sense to me that an alien product in your blood will clear out far more quickly in the blood itself than the areas that the blood is carried to?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've begun upping my dosage. I'm taking half before bed and the other half in the morning.
Been doing this for about 4 days. Nothing detrimental to report yet